MQ2 Allowing /goto for guides

htw

Developer
Reaction score
This is in response to xage in shoutbox.

The question: Using /goto which I use a lot gives me an MQ2 error, Cannot /goto without a macro running. I want /goto to go to the server, not MQ2, is there an easy way to do this?

The short answer: No.

The slightly longer (but easy) answer: Yes, since I added it. LOL... read on, xage.

Download this mq2main.dll and try it. What it should do, is allow you to use /goto as normal in macros (try out a simple macro with a /goto). Also, if you try /goto at command line in EQ, it should still give you the error about can't /goto when no macro is running.

What I added was /gmgoto.

Try it, and see if /gmgoto does your /goto you are looking for.

Let me know... if it works fine, I'll commit it so it's part of our default compile.

htw

Attachments

• MQ2Main.rar
    274.3 KB · Views: 6
It works, thank you - however it will only do the "correct" goto if /gmgoto is typed into the MQ2 chatwnd box. Otherwise it gives me the invalid command error. Tried it several times and it only functioned if it was typed in the MQ2 Chat window box. This is no problem if only a minor inconvenience but the gain through MQ2 i'd say is worth it. Just never had the issue of a command only working from the chat wnd box. Thanks again!

Is there a way to have mq2 only accept commands from the MQ2 window? and not the normal chat window?