MQ for Beta server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evershawn

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just wondered if it ever happened or can? Maybe just a basic version to run macs with and a few important plugs?

you would have to go and find offsets, and find structs yourself and do a private compile, by the time you find most of it they would push another patch with a high chance of a exe push forcing to start over. There is also more gms on the beta server then on most live servers, and they like to poke around with people more, atleast in my experience, they would warp me around to different areas and would turn inactive mobs active to see how i fought those mobs.

you would have to go and find offsets, and find structs yourself and do a private compile, by the time you find most of it they would push another patch with a high chance of a exe push forcing to start over. There is also more gms on the beta server then on most live servers, and they like to poke around with people more, atleast in my experience, they would warp me around to different areas and would turn inactive mobs active to see how i fought those mobs.

They would just warp you without asking you or saying anything? I've beta tested a ton and never had that happen. Only had them announce something and take requests to try it out.

Anyhow, ya, without someone experienced in finding offsets ect, it wouldn't be possible, that's why I was asking.

last time i beta (TSS) i was walking around with a ranger tracking and generally just looking around trying to map areas out for when i went live, and they warped me in direwind around, testing out Severan there was a guild trying to kill him, and the gms summoned my toon to just outside the event area, so i continued mapping and then the gms took control of a quest npc and would start attacking me then stop it was really irritating.

I'm pretty sure we had a MQ2 release for Beta of last expansion launch, we may get one for this. Stay tuned.

That would be amazing. Beta patches every morning however (automated patch), and pushes a new exe every day.

That would be amazing. Beta patches every morning however (automated patch), and pushes a new exe every day.

There must be a work around for that then since Fry said they had it last beta.

Also, FYI, Beta is real easy to get in to, I applied on all my accounts, got in within a few hours of opting in on each one.

I applied with a few accounts no invitations so far...

Last edited:
They should of invited everyone that signed up by now. All my accounts were flagged monday.

As far as MQ2 goes it would only work for 1-2 days they patch beta 2-3 times a week.

They should of invited everyone that signed up by now. All my accounts were flagged monday.

As far as MQ2 goes it would only work for 1-2 days they patch beta 2-3 times a week.

Once you have someone that has the offset finding part down ect, some patches are not that difficult to update. Remember, Fry just said they were doing this for last beta, so obviously they realize what the difficulties are and how to over come them efficiently.

Once you have someone that has the offset finding part down ect, some patches are not that difficult to update. Remember, Fry just said they were doing this for last beta, so obviously they realize what the difficulties are and how to over come them efficiently.

well the thing is the initial update is the hardest with all the changes. Of course doing beta makes it easier to update for expansion.

Any devs get a chance to look at the beta release?

Just wondering if this is going to get any traction. Forgot how bad EQ sucked without mq2 :)

As I've told EQMule doing it more then once a week is not realistic. Best bet do it on a friday and hope they dont patch during the weekend.

I'm not opposed to spending some time on getting an initial release done but it is kinda tough to find the time when live and test patched like 4-5 times last week lol.

If you guys are willing to raise 100 bucks or so I can justify spending a day on it cause it's absolutely about the money at this point for me, every hour I put in on mq2 is an hour lost in revenue from my other projects...

Last edited:
I would be more than willing to pitch in a little bit for a Beta compile. I just worry about the uptime for it, as Beta is patched literally every morning.

initial build is completed, I did it for free since it was Saturday and I had some time to spare, I still hope this build will be an incentive to either donate or subscribe, and if there are patches every day and its just offsets there is a good chance we can keep getting patches out quickly.

I will parcel a ancient cloak of flames to everyone that donates 40 bucks or more. (need a charname on tunare)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.