moving a window off EQ

militarebear

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Greetings,
Was just wondering if it were possible to open a window and move it off the EQ screen (either an mmo or EQ window)? This would open up some space in my already crowded landscape. I have three monitors and just thot it'd be nice to put my exp window or such to a none active location. Just wondering... ))
thanx

No way possible to do what you are asking. You can't move UI elements from an EQ window instance out of the instance.

You can look into WinEQ2 or Innerspace/ISBoxer for moving the instances around across monitors.

great idea for a plugin.

great idea for a plugin.

I don't think it's possible to do exactly what he wants with just a plugin.

A plugin could be written to dump data and a program could be written to read said data and display it in a different window though. I think that'd be a neat project. You could hide every single chat window and all MQ2 windows and have it all displayed within another program thus eliminating a whole lot of clutter.

I'll make the UI if someone wants to help with the actual coding haha. ;)

viewport does this and you don't need MQ2 for it.

1. Stretch the entire EQ window across 2 monitors.
2. /viewport x y w h (/viewprot 1 1 1920 1080) do /viewport reset to change it back to normal.
3. Move your UI to the other monitor that has a black screen.

Not sure on the /viewport settings play around with it a bit but it does work. You don't need 2 monitors to do this either you can do a 1920 1080 monitor resoultion but do /viewport 1 1 1280 1080 and get over half your screen to put your UI in.

Last edited:
It can be done with AMD Eyefinity and the /viewport command. I don't know the details, but I remember seeing it done.

Yes, it can be done by stretching the EQ window across monitors, or using eyefinity / whatever nvidia's spanning is called (nView?), but the limitation to those methods is it's still in the EQ window and if you are running multiple clients or have other windows open, it will be pushed into the background if EQ is.

great idea for a plugin.

I don't think it's possible to do exactly what he wants with just a plugin.

A plugin could be written to dump data and a program could be written to read said data and display it in a different window though. I think that'd be a neat project. You could hide every single chat window and all MQ2 windows and have it all displayed within another program thus eliminating a whole lot of clutter.

I'll make the UI if someone wants to help with the actual coding haha. ;)

I like this idea, I might look into playing around with it if I have time in the next couple of weeks. I think the easiest solution would be simply a plugin that could expose the MQ2 TLOs to an external program. I'm not sure if that is even possible but would be interesting to see. It might have to be done with some kind of server based communications system like EQBC to transmit the data back and forth though. If it could be done though and was setup with something like an EQBC server, that could open the door to a lot more things than simply moving windows off EQ. You could have remote windows... a map with spawns on your phone, direct access to the chatbox and ability to chat from your phone (or other PCs of course)... Could make for some nice tools for afk botting without needing to remote desktop your PC to check on it.

It can be done with AMD Eyefinity and the /viewport command. I don't know the details, but I remember seeing it done.

Ya I've been doing it for years the UI is a clutter and when you raid you have too much going on so being able to move half your UI to another monitor is a huge plus.