Mmoloader 4

I am using EQ Launch and I do not want the system to look for outdated MQ2Bot file. is their a way to turn this off.

I am using EQ Launch and I do not want the system to look for outdated MQ2Bot file. is their a way to turn this off.
Yes, Just so you know though, the server will know it, and any posts/PMs/etc. if you are using an outdated one will be ignored.

in mq2 dir:

MMOLoader.ini

[Date_Exclusions]
mq2bot.dll=1

Yes, Just so you know though, the server will know it, and any posts/PMs/etc. if you are using an outdated one will be ignored.

in mq2 dir:

MMOLoader.ini

[Date_Exclusions]
mq2bot.dll=1

I posted in the MQ2bot thread, there is a problem with the DLL being released with the compile

I completed the debug report with version .23. It makes it easier for you guys so you don't have to collect and/or type and email/etc. information for dump files.

I already got one from just updating it a little bit ago, and I can see a crash caused by MQ2Bot from that user, so hopefully this will make fixes for you guys come quicker, and be easier to obtain.

If you want to see what it looks like (without a crash), right-click loader tray icon and pick debug report.

Took many many hours to code this part LOL, so anyone having an issue, let me know, I want to iron it out.

htw

Is there an ini setting to force the updater to update?

It just sits waiting for a press update to occur.

Is there an ini setting to force the updater to update?

It just sits waiting for a press update to occur.
It's in the menu. Right click the tray icon, then Options, Configuration, Ask Before Updating Plugins.

That is probably checked in your case, just uncheck it, and it won't ask - if there are updates, it'll take off right away.

htw

I'm having trouble uploading a crash dump file to the server, keeps giving me an error. Is the server not accepting crash dumps?

I'm having trouble uploading a crash dump file to the server, keeps giving me an error. Is the server not accepting crash dumps?
I mentioned it in the problem thread, but yes, for now - I put a little more detail in that thread.

htw

I have fixed 3 of the 4 issues.

1) MMOLoader prevents system restart/shutdown unless you close it first - fixed, no longer causes an issue.
2) Due to break-in issues on server, mmoloader reports wrong error message, e.g. instead of "loader is out of date" you get "bad password". Fixed, and synced with changes I made to server code, you will get the correct message from now on, so you know what's going on.
3) Hitting Cancel if you have a loader login error/message just keeps showing the login window - fixed, it will now exit as appropriate.

I am finalizing code for debug report with the new permissions I am using with the server code, that's the last issue to deal with - which is why right now live/test does not automatically show/upload proper debug dumps (EMU does).

htw

Finalized all this.

Also, made it so you can 'take it back' if you decide to include event log entries - i.e., if you uncheck it, it will remove them, so you don't have to cancel.

htw

How would I go about saving the crash dump files to another directory or hard drive? If that's possible to do at all?

If not, anyway to disable them?

You can disable them, but that's a function of windows, not mmoloader/mq2.

I can tell people how to control that with regedit, but for now, at the least, if you do this:

Right-click mmoloader tray icon, click Send Debug Report
In bottom left of the debug window, make sure you check 'Delete Old Dump Files?'
Set '# Old Dumps To Keep" to 1
Click the Close button

What that will do is make sure they stay cleaned to only 1 full/mini dump at any time loader is running (you don't need a crash for that, it will just do it).

htw

The problem is its writing to my ssd drive. I cleaned out over 20 (yes literally over 20 dump files) from the crash folder all in the size range of 900mb-1.5gb.

I have since noticed my boot times have gotten significantly longer (~20 secs), usually it used to take me 40 secs to boot all the way to desktop, now its taking just over a min.

Ok well, there is NO way mq2 has anything to do with your boot times.

Let me say this:

EQ writes the full dump to C:\Crash and to your local temp folder for wws_X, that's given. If you can manage, don't load MQ2, and figure out how to make EQ crash, and you'll see it does that.

MQ2 used to bypass that crash report. Now, it allows it, but moves it out of the way, so it doesn't get sent to SOE.

Those dump settings are controlled by EQ, and by Windows. The loader I put in a method thanks to some particular whiny beotching a method to keep them cut down (what I put in my previous post in this thread). That's not me (or loader/MQ2) doing anything special, what I did was put in a folder watch, and if there are more than X (what you configured) dumps, it only keeps those X files, and deletes the others.

Again, that's not a matter of not creating them from EQ - that's just using the loader to clean them up.

If you want to specifically test and set your own settings for how windows/eq handles a user mode dump, then refer to this MSDN article by Microsoft:

Collecting User-Mode Dumps

htw

Last edited:
Oh I didn't know it wasn't an mq issue, but something has changed with crash dump handling by Daybreak maybe? Either I never noticed how full the Crash folder was becoming or the files have just gotten very big in general. I never had to much free space on my SSD to begin with, so something has changed as I deleted over 22 GB worth of crash dumps.

Will using the symbolic link command work to alleviate the issue? Or will it still write to the SSD first then rewrite to the HD?

mklink /d c:\Crash e:\Crashlogs

Not even sure what performance impact that will have on EQ. Originally I installed EQ on the SSD this time around for the most recent comp I made because I wanted faster zone times.