Missing Character

PumpThump

Reaction score
So, I log my toons back in after the server crashes today and I have a missing character on one of my accounts... anyone else have this bug? I hope it's a bug...

U on right server? I switched to Zek just to pass the time and when I logged back in later I was seeing my Zek char selection screen which threw me for a loop for a sec.

U on right server? I switched to Zek just to pass the time and when I logged back in later I was seeing my Zek char selection screen which threw me for a loop for a sec.

I just logged into every server to see if it somehow got bumped a server and cannot find him. I am back on right server again and still not there.

My guild window still shows the character exists, and the fellowship window says the character is in zone with me...

I would reboot and do a full scan of EQ files.

Also do you have a full slate of characters? It's conceivable somehow you lost a slot OR some other toon got duped or something and pushed the missing character "out of sight."

Given how slow petitions would be responded to during a holiday weekend I'd suggest considering every other possible option first!

Reboot and full scan already done. Character was only one on a Gold account. I made another level 1 character just now to see if that would refresh the char list or something and still not showing up. Pretty pissed off right now, especially since that character was my bank with all my PP.

Yup, it's the right account.

Going on about 12 hours now and no response from SoE yet. This freaking sucks. Will probably have to wait till monday to hear from someone, so there goes the rest of the holiday weekend without a vital member of my crew. Oh, and with millions of plat gone.

You know what sucks is how EASY it is to delete a character. I've had my damn mouse "stick" and randomly click and more than once I've had the "Are you sure you want to delete this character?" dialogue displayed on the screen, which means I was one stupid mis-click away from deleting a character. I wish they did like WoW where, IIRC, you have to type DELETE (or is it the name of the toon) to confirm deletion. EQ should require a re-entry of your station account password to confirm a deletion.

Given how much work we put into these toons, it's retarded that the selection screen even has an easily-accessible DELETE button. One mischievous kid, pissed-off girlfriend or sick-and-tired wife could delete a toon with a couple of clicks.

Yeah, you can always get them to reverse the deletion but in these days of minimal live support it could take quite awhile meanwhile, as you say, you can go days without access to a key toon.

If you live with other human beings, I'd make a list of suspects, turn on a hot overhead lamp and do some serious grilling!

Last edited:
I am married, yet I was the only one home at the time between server crashing and coming back, so that takes care of foul play...

I did not accidentally delete the character, though I guess I can't prove that.

This is a server-side issue and I've still not heard anything back :(

Maybe your wife deleted it.

Reread the first line of my last post...

So the purpose of this post was to see if anyone else felt negative effects account-wise from the server crashes, and it turned into everyone assuming user error. Can we get back to the actual purpose of the post?

Last edited:
I did log in and was missing items and i have petitioned without anything happening either.

Saw someone complaining about the same issue on Drinal late last night if that wasn't you.

Saw someone complaining about the same issue on Drinal late last night if that wasn't you.

Wasn't me, but it's good to know there's more than just me having this issue (even if it's just a roll back). Not that I want other people to be frustrated just cause I am, but if something is more widespread they are more apt to fix it.

Got tech support on the phone and was basically told that in-game support (which this falls under) is way backed up because they were closed for the weekend and I have to continue to wait for my original ticket to be reviewed (which is 50 hours old now).

So, after a few rounds with tech support assuming I'm doing something stupid (logging into the wrong account and/or wrong server) I finally got this response...

So after chatting with dev, looks like the character got corrupted somehow with the crash :( I believe I can get it back, but it's going to be back about an hour before you crashed.

So it is now resolved, and it's good proof that I didn't do something stupid! (always good to prove you aren't an idiot from time to time).