Michael Vick

Maybe its just me but for you all hating him for being inhumane you sure do wish the same condemnation on him that he allowed. Wanting and doing are 2 different things but it shows you have the same mental track that he would have been condemned for.

Vick made a bundle of cash off of running the dog ring. What's wrong with wanting him to pay for it? Or is it because they were "only animals" that we should turn a blind eye?

You talk about being in a war. One that is suppose to help stop inhumane actions and establish a government. Yet you wish inhumane acts on someone else.

Talking and doing are two different things. Saying I'd like to see him thrown in the pit with somne rabid dogs is not the same thing as actually doing so. Hell, if everyone I wished would die in a fire were to do so, I'd be pretty damn lonely. On the other hand, Vick DID perform the despicable acts - he converted thought into deed.

You want to talk about Vick because he made possible 50 million. Ok fine. Then while your at it lets talk about the drug cartels that make billions. Or the other fight rings cock fights or dog fights does not matter one way or another. They happen and are a multi million dollar business that happens every day within the US. Rings get broken up regularly but they do not get wide spread media. This does for one reason. You people are stupid enough to watch it.

I watch the news and listen to music stations. I also read newspapers. For good or bad, this story is all over the news - it's inescapable, unless I want to isolate myself from pretty much all local, national, or world news. Trust me, I'd just as soon not hear about it every time a news report comes on the radio.

Drug cartels, on the other hand, make money from willing participants - their customers. The violence associated with the drig trade is almost entirely due to government prohibition of an essentially victimless crime. If most drugs were legalized today, and the free market were allowed to dictate pricing, supply, and demand, the drug cartels would fold, and much of the violent crime associated with drigs would cease. Won't happen any time soon, though.

What is worse the people who ran the dog fights? The people who made money off them?

Both suck and anyone watching or following the story falls into the second category because media is a BUSINESS they want to make money and people PAY to watch it. So you are contributing to the money tied to the dog fights.

Both are equally bad. However, I've never seen an actual dog fight televised - the only media coverage appears to be after the fact. The first time you catch me watching a dog fight, or a cock fight, or even a bull fight on TV, or paying to watch a bum fight, THEN, and only then, can you accuse me of contributing to the problem.