Melee characters distance they assist

HateofAB

Reaction score
How do you adjust the distance the melee characters will start running to assist the puller? :)

I have tried changing many settings but not found the correct one so far.

I have tried editing 'stickrange' and also 'assistrange' in the file but they seem to be for other purpose.

I have tried editing 'stickrange' and also 'assistrange' in the file but they seem to be for other purpose.

If you're just talking about MQ2Melee, then you want StickNoRange off (0), and StickRange set to the max range to engage stick.

However, if you're speaking about MQ2Bot, it tells you those settings in the MQ2Bot wiki (and go under your [MQ2Bot] section of your server_char.ini file):

Attack/assist settings

<dl><dt>AssistAt=100 </dt><dd> % hp of Bot.Adds[1] to target the mob at</dd><dt>AssistRange=100 </dt><dd> Spawn[].Distance away to target mob at</dd><dt>MercAssistAt=100 </dt><dd> % hp of target, if less than, to /mercassist</dd><dt>MercAssistRange=0 </dt><dd> distance of kill target, if less than, to /mercassist</dd><dt>MeleeAt=100 </dt><dd> Melee if target is at or below this % hp</dd><dt>MeleeDistance=40 </dt><dd> Melee if target is within this distance</dd><dt>PetAttackAt=100 </dt><dd> % hp of target to send pet at</dd><dt>PetAttackRange=60 </dt><dd> Spawn[].Distance away to send pet at </dd><dt>StandOnPetAttack=0 </dt><dd> Use /sit off before doing /pet attack</dd><dt>UseAutoFire=0 </dt><dd> Use Autofire if target is below this %, is within AssistRange, and is more than 35 range</dd><dt>AutofireAt=0 </dt><dd> Autofire if target is at or below this % hp</dd><dt>AutofireDistance=100 </dt><dd> Autofire if target within this distance</dd><dt>PullingDistance=0 </dt><dd> Find targets to pull within this distance (Default is 0 -- Change this or the bot will not find any targets)</dd></dl>

Specifically, I would guess you are looking for MeleeDistance

htw

Last edited:
Also let me clarify that MQ2Bot uses that distance when to engage discs/etc., and it engages the mob via MQ2Melee (which uses MQ2MoveUtils) with attack/killthis. So in other words, your wanting to make sure your MQ2Melee StickRange is less than or equal to what you want your MQ2Bot at (if using MQ2Bot).

If you set those and it's still moving to target when further away, post your MQ2Melee and MQ2Bot settings, and let's take a look.

Example entries for MQ2Melee:
StickNoRange=0
StickRange=30

Example MQ2Bot entry:
MeleeDistance=30

Problem I had was sometimes a couple of characters would be too far away to assist (even when using /makecamp). Warrior auto pulls a mob and 1 or 2 characters are just too far away to start attacking.

I will play about with that now thanks.