Mayong Mistmoore - Demiplane of Blood Final Boss

Hi hi, we got this sob to 40% tonight $$, just a cpl of questions, was told that 8 bard/bsts banes will prevent the bats from spawning. Well we got 8 on and at 40% bats spawned. Wondering if that was just a myth or if a wave of bats will spawn atleast once regardless or ?

His AE knockback is directional.

Which direction?

Does he blow all the people away from his arse like some sort of huge fart AE? Or does he knock away everyone in front of him so tank needs to keep himself cornered and everyone on Mayong's butt?

His AE is direction to the way he is facing. So Tanks should stay cornering him.

Banes on MM

A few people have sent PM's asking about the logic behind specific banes on Mayong so here it is.

Both natural and triggered weakness periods have a random chance of being either Vulnerable or Distracted. Bat timer begins at 4 minutes and counts down starting at 80% of Mayong's Life.

You need to do.....

(Vulnerable) 1 click
(Distracted) 3 clicks

After you do that, any additional banes in that time do nothing other than waste the clickers timer.

-----------------------------------------

Monk and Necro banes trigger more (invulnerable) and (distracted) phases.

Mage and Wizard do 8% damage to MM. If hes at 45% and he gets baned, he'll be at 36%.

Beastlord and bard banes = 30 seconds to each bat timer. 1 bane will make it 4:30 per bat wave, 2 banes make it 5:00, etc. Only works on (Distracted).

Cleric and Paladin clicks lowers Mayongs DPS. (not worth using tbh)

Shadow Knight and Berzerker clicks = 15% mitigation on each click. He to start will take 60% of melee damage and 100% from spells. 1 click makes that 75%/100%, 2 clicks makes it 90%/100%, 3 clicks makes it 105%/105% This bane only works on (Vulnerable).

Warrior + Ranger bane combo = 1% life taken from MM. Hardly worth doing.

Rogue + Enchanter = 3% life taken from MM. Again not worth doing.

Shaman + Druid combo = Stun+Blur. Absolutely not worth doing. Shaman and druids should be shot and killed at first site if do this.

------------------------------------

Early in the fight doing the debuff combo's are suggested more than dmg. As the fight progresses doing wizard/mage combo's work great.

Anyway this stuff is still almost pointless. By the time you work out a good method of doing this you realize it only saves a good 5 mins off the total fight time. Hardly anything to get all excited over.

Banes on MM's Guards.

Again due to PM's here is your awnser for banes for Guards. Though this is something thats not hard to figure out at all. Shame shame on you.

Rogue + Enchanter Banes = 10% damage to Wolf each bane.
Cleric + Paladin Banes = 10% damage to Spider each bane.
Warrior + Ranger Banes = 15% damage to Gargoyles each bane.
Wizard + Mage Banes = 10% damage to Wolf each bane.
Shadow Knight + Zerker Banes = FD on the Orc + 10% damage.
Bard + Beastlord Banes = 10% damage to Orc per bane.
Monk + Necromancer = 40% damage to Gargoyles per bane.

Druids + Shamans = piss off and die.

Strat

Hi guys,

i am still looking through this posting and get no real answer ...

Anyone have a real strat from top to bottom cause all the infos that was posted here are linking somehow a bit crossover .....

Trigger event; kill gargoyles, spider and orc (preferably before 5 minutes has gone by); 5 minutes after event start MM becomes active; kill MM. For details look at Pepper's last 2 posts, it's really all there.

One of the niftier things that I have seen done on this encounter is to coordinate the monks/necros with the mages/wizards on Banes. For this it is imperative that all monks, necros, wizards, and mages hold off on baning until the end of the fight. Assume 5 wizard/mage banes in the raid, this implies 40% of Mayong's life...but he does occasionally resist a necro bane or someone is stupid and screws the raid so don't plan on all 5 wizards/mages actually hitting.

Necro/Monk banes will force a vulnerable state for a few seconds after they hit Mayong. If you are coordinating with mages/wizards such that a monk/necro banes him and then a mage/wizard instantly follows up with a bane you can drop him 30% in less than a minute at the end. This is of course assuming the mages/wizards are paying attention and use their window to bane him.

That tactic is best used to remove/help eliminate the charm he does the last 30% or so of his health.... at least that is what my guild did when I played.

That is a big part of why we did it Troll...plus it's fun to just destroy him like that at the end. Sucks when people screw up and you have to burn him down for the last 10% though. He has a LOT of hps.

Between 8 Clerics and 4 Paladins 10% should be nothing for HP's. Between Turn Undead and Slays he should go down like a prom date.

LOL then again reliving my days... everyone's guild might be different for staffing purposes.

Dark Master's Blade

Is the Dark Master's Blade that Mayong drops is for anything or just trash?

Not even useful as a Pet Weapon =P . I gave one to a pet model that should have displayed it and nothing

Bat extender

Whats the limit on the amount of times u can extend the bat wave timer?

Whats the limit on the amount of times u can extend the bat wave timer?

Starts with a 3 minute between bat adds timer, 30 extention sec per bard/bst click for a max of 4, for a 5 minute timer bewteen bat adds. I belive this also increases the time between normal adds too but could be wrong been a while since if done it.