Just Some Noob
Reaction score
Lets hear what you know! :eek:

Attachments

• mayonnng1ac.jpg
    mayonnng1ac.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Anybody have any info about this guy yet...i know there are AE blinds and silences and shit from the nameds in the room but i have 0 knowledge of this encounter right now.

You start by talking to him. He starts off in "The Master of Dreadspire" and eventually turns into "Mayong Mistmoore".

THE MASTER procs

Blood Infusion
1: Increase Spell Damage by 10%
2: Increase 1H Blunt Damage Modifier by 10%
3: Increase Stats by 300
4: Increase All Resists by 300
5: Increase Attack Speed by 40%
6: Increase Movement by 30%

Spell Type: Beneficial Skill: Inate
Mana: 0 Target Type: Self
Casting Time: Instant Duration: 1 min
Recast Time: 1800 Resist: Chromatic (0)
Fizzle Time: 0.00 Range to target: 10
AE Radius: 0 Interruptable: Yes
Reflectable: Yes

And

Ur-Tsigrac's Fury
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 2250
2: Decrease Endurance by 100
3: Decrease Mana by 200

Spell Type: Detrimental Skill: Unknown(98)
Mana: 0 Target Type: PB AE
Casting Time: Instant Duration: Instant
Recast Time: 30 Resist: Magic (-10000)
Fizzle Time: 2.25 Range to target: 100
AE Radius: 30 Interruptable: No
Reflectable: No

Irresistable.

In his room he has several named guardians. 4 Gargoyles i believe, 2 Werewolves and 1 Spider. Ali Ani is the spider, the 4 gargoyles i don't know, it might be 2...There is a white werewolf and a pink one also. There is also 1 orc that casts the same as the Masters 2nd proc.

You guys are to quiet on this thread for some reason. I want to see some real info put up for Mayong please.

Because we aren't ready to give the blow by blow to beat the event. :p :confused:

Troll said:
Because we aren't ready to give the blow by blow to beat the event. :p :confused:

The reason for this is not for you to give your guilds strat its to give people ideas what to expect. Really doesnt make sense to even post period if you cant give some constructive help to the thread.

That said in 1 weeks time ill post it myself, if someone else wont.

LOL Okay what to expect:

4 Gargoyles with DT Proc

1 Spider with Snare and Blind

1 Wolf with Charm

1 Orc with Flux

1 Mayong Mistmoore

Adds during the fight with MM

MM will start AE DT's at 50%

The 2 & 3 combos make no difference in the reward, and any "d" result will make mayong unhappy and give you a message that is unfavorable for the extra loot. Also, as you can see, there is 1 dupe. You can only trigger Mayong ONCE! - that means no multiple titles. (This is actually false you can active the event again even if you already have a title BUT you most likely won't get a new title or the Bonus Loot)
NOTE - If you are dead/out of zone, and triggered the script, you WILL NOT get a title currently (thx maelin.morphiious for that useful bit of info).

Credit for the following list goes to - http://www.assentguild.com/eqdkp/viewnews.php
LWA - DKP
Loot Whores Anonymous - where dreams come true

News
Register | Login

March 17, 2006
Mayong Mistmoore Rewards (submitted by Kaidman at 09:06am PST)

Preface: Since the launch of Prophecy of Ro the Demiplane of Blood has had may changes. Prathun has went back and done a good job of making the Demiplane more enjoyable to raid by tweaking many of the raid encounters, adding new aug dropping named, and giving rewards for killing the Master himself. This News bit will be to directly address the rewards Mayong Mistmoore offers for following a few simple hints from some NPCs in Dreadspire. The NPCs I speak of are the ones which raiders turn their "AE blockers" into at Dreadspire. These NPCs each have 4 choices which a player can pick from, when you choose one it gives a yellow emote which resembles a flag. A player can go back to them at any time and change their choice.

Here are the choices from each that we know:

Arturos, the Bat Trainer
1a - Control or destroy
1b - Strength
1c - Beauty
1d - Mere accident

Ariahn Teller
2a - Grew tired
2b - Killed her ability to love
2c - Glimpse into the future
2d - Feared retribution

Ur-Koraag
3a - Superiority
3b - Forget
3c - Mortal is food
3d - Angry

Irrissa the Seer
4a - Furious
4b - Disgusted
4c - Sorrowful
4d - Apathetic

The person who made these choices needs to be the one to trigger the Mayong event we believe. It gives the triggering person an emote about their understanding of the Demiplane of Blood.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We're unsure of the choice from Irrissa the Seer on our first 2 kills since rewards went in. When I see the choices I think I will remember which was chosen.

Choices:
Title - the Believer
Result - Overtone Earstone (performer ear)
1a, 2a, 3a, 4a (maelin.Kaidman)

Choices:
Title - the Vampire Slayer
Result - Band of Broken Vows (roley ring)
1b, 2c, 3b, 4b (maelin.Pozerx)
1b, 2b, 3b, 4b (maelin.Kered)
1b, 2a, 3a, 4 (unsure b or c - maelin.Arrex)

Choices:
Title - the Beloved
Result - Invocation of the Last Dawn
1c, 2c, 3c, 4c (maelin.Lanathadar)
1c, 2b, 3c, 4c (Raging Fury - antonius.Vmas)

Choices:
Title - the Bloodwise
Result - Invocation of Eternity
?, ?, ?, ? (Tide)

Choices:
Title - the Master's Prodigy
Result - Tris ring
1b, 2a, 3a, 4a (maelin.Swift)

Choices:
Title - the Emancipator
Result - Devlin ear
1c, 2c, 3b, 4b (maelin.Kenyi)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: I think choices 1d, 2d, 3d, 4d will break the triggering of Mayong. AKA he will not like any of the 4 choices being one of those 4 based on what the NPCs in Dreadspire say when you choose them.

If possible I would like to get full choices from Ur-Koraag and Irissa the Seer if anyone has that info. I would also like a screenshot of the full emotes from those named after saying each choice so that we can confirm the 1 "bad" choice from each of the NPCs.

If you have any additional info that can be added to this page please contact Kaidman in game at ;tell maelin.Kaidman or send a PM on our forums. Please be very specific at which choices you made with the NPCs in Dreadspire.
December 29, 2005
Demiplane Kills (submitted by Kaidman at 06:36am PST)

Demiplane

Tier 1
10/13/2005 - Zi-Thuuli the Granite Claw (2nd)
10/25/2005 - Hatchet the Torturer (3rd)
11/01/2005 - Wailing Sisters (1st)
11/19/2005 - Sanguimanus the Redfang (2nd)

Tier 2
11/27/2005 - Tris Wallows III (3rd)
11/30/2005 - Roley DeFarge (1st)
12/04/2005 - Devlin Rochester (3rd)
12/29/2005 - The Performer (2nd)

Tier 3
01/09/2006 - Mayong Mistmoore (2nd)

Powered by EQdkp 1.3.1
© 2003 The EQdkp Project Team
1a, 4a - the Believer, Overtone Earring (performer ear)
1a, 4b - the Dark Savant, Invocation of Night (caster page, tris)
1a, 4c - the Savior , Invocation of Death's Shadow (melee page, performer)
1b, 4a - the Master's Prodigy, Persuasive Glimmering Serpent (tris ring)
1b, 4b - the Vampire Slayer, Band of Broken Vows (roley ring)
1b, 4c - the Bloodwise, Invocation of Eternity (priest page, roley)
1c, 4a - the Master's Prodigy, Persuasive Glimmering Serpent (tris ring)
1c, 4b - the Emancipator, Hoop of the Dark Hunter (devlin ear)
1c, 4c - the Beloved, Invocation of the Last Dawn (hybrid page, devlin)

After you have defeated him on /keys you will see Dreadspire - Destroyed Mayong mistmoore and the text you get upon entering Demiplane changes to so line about you freely enter as you have killed the master.

Can you elaborate a bit on how this happens? Do you trigger the event and all the adds spawn? Do you OT them all/set up different groups for each named mob?

The event is trigger through MM(The Master of Dreadspire). Gargoyles become active 2 at a time and the other 3 become active 1 at a time and MM last. (it is on a timer)

Your other questions IMO relate to strat therefore I won't share (just yet) and let you work out the method that best suits your guild.

it is quick and brutal you'll either learn this strat fast or you will but your heads on it for a while.....either way though once u make it past the adds the fight is pretty much a joke....overall though one of my favorite encounters in the game

Well after a long long wait my guild decided to start working on this event a few weeks ago. PoR has been the big target and I understand why. I had truely expected more of this event though than what it is. The event adds combinations of Hatchet + Redfang events along with a couple small twists. After just 3 attempts Mayong is down to 40 percent for us. How many more tricks are there? I dont know but I dont suspect many more.

As Rejekted stated when you enter Mayongs Room you have Mayong + 4 gargs + 1 wolf + 1 orc + 1 spider. A total of 7 mobs.

This works as a timed event. When you say "what doom?" to Mayong 2 gargs become live then the other 2 then orc wolf and spider. After EXACTLY 5 mins from trigger of event Mayong himself becomes active and joins in on the event.

The named mobs of this event all do the normal tricks that any other mob type like them in the zone would do. For example Gargs will give you a death touch dot. Orc does knock back, ect. The trick to the adds is now to be seen. You have been gathering bain weapons while clearing Demi-plane. This is what they are used on. Each mob type is very weak and takes great dmg to a certain weapon. For example the spider. The spider is weak to Cleric/Paladin weapons. When he spawns if the clerics/pallys click their bane weapon on him he will take great dmg and die almost instantly. This is how you kill every named of the event. The exception is the wolf. The wolf seems to be only baneable to 20 percent life. So spaming bane on him is wasting clicks. At 20 percent life he must be killed normal style. I could be wrong here but i think the orc is the same way. If its not, then we simply lack enough fo the right classes to flat out kill it.

Banes for Each Named in the event are as follows

Spider : Paladin/Cleric
Gargs : Ranger/Monk/Necro/War
Orc : Berzerker/Shadowknight/Bard/Beastlord
Wolf : Enchanter/Wizard/Mage/Rogue

Note*Druid we are not sure of yet as no druid has their banes yet.

-------------------------------------------

So now that you have finally got adds out of the way its time to play with Mayong. As stated already exactly 5 minutes after event starts Mayong spawns. Until 62-63 percent Mayong is a straight forward fight. Put him in corner and dps him. About every 1 min a random spider add is spawn that needs to be killed. His name will change for very short moments and when it does to something like Mayong Mistmore (Vulnerable) you can click your bane and dmg him a considerable amount it seems. Note* I havent quite understood this part yet and clicking bane here might not even be required but it seemed it helped.

At 62-63 percent comes the Redfang part of the event. Remember how on RF all the little blue con bastard bats spawn that need to be rooted then dmged to be killed? Well this happens here as well. But it seems about 5 x the bats here as on Redfang. Anyway this is delt with by having the raid bunched up and ae root/nuke no problem and move along.

50 percent now. New twist. Mayong starts emoting. "The Master raises his sword, preparing to slash anyone standing nearby."

Anyone within a certain distance of him (Im not sure of this distance yet) has exactly 9 seconds to get away from him or you take a death touch. So audio trigger easily gets you past this. The only hard part about this is the bats spawning. The bats spawn more than once in this event. Im not sure if timed yet or if certain percent. However you need your guild bunched up to handle them or your gonna get raped. Make sure your guild has a certain spawn to run to when he does this emote that way if the bats spawn during his emote everyone is bunched together and can still easily handle the bats. The Main Tank does not seem to get the emote so he survives this.

This is where we are atm. Bats wiped us at 40 percent. I really dont think there is much left to the event maybe 1 more type of emote. If someone else who has did the event wants to comment feel free.

There are 2 vunerable emotes. Specific Class on the 2 different emotes. The main effect is it weakens him.... such as reduce Melee DMG mitigation. Mayong Mistmoore is currently off guard or something like that is the one I was always responsible for. with that one only 1 person gets to use bane. The other emote that specifically states vunerable you get up to 4 banes in at onces.

Each person can only bane MM ONCE.

Wizards and IIRC Mages shouldn't use till the last like 20 percent because at that point MM starts to charm people. Sorta like a wolf charm as it turns everyone into the undead female casters.

For the Spider it only takes IIRC 4 banes to drop from 100% to 0%.... PAL/PAL/PAL/CLR is what we typically did. not sure about the others.

DRU Bane IIRC is like the SK Bane it is a stun/fd/whatever yes there is a DMG component but not much.

For the gargoyles we would drop each to 90% before we hit them with banes.

The biggest key if you can manage to do it is have all the gargoyles and the Wolf, Orc, Spider DEAD within the like 5 minutes before MM Activates. MM also has a knockback so positioning the raid so people do not get flung at the back wall to attract adds from other rooms/hallways is also a good thing..IIRC it is also directional.

these bats on same 3 minute timer as redfang because there is no emote for their respawn

Just adding a few things.

If you manage your clicks right on the beginning the only one you'll need to tank down a bit is the orc. Regardless for a much smoother win you should have all adds dead before MM triggers.

His KB is directional so keep him cornered on your tank and your golden.

Bats are time based. Keep all your casters lumped together so the druid can kill them off fast.

Knights stand on add spawn spot in center to instant aggro so your raid doesnt eat the add AE.

MM AE DT is a very short range and does not hit whoever his current target is.

For your first time...have the sound turned up :)

each bane has a different effect on MM depending on class can anyone tell me what each one does?

SK reduces his DMG mitigation

Mage/Wiz/necro (I think all three but at least the first 2) do MEGA DMG.... this should be reserved for the last 20% of MM as this is when he starts to charm.

Paladin also is a mitigation reducer

Those are the only ones I immediately remember. Most either reduced some of his mitigation or did dmg to a small degree aside from what was mentioned.

well once we figured out what banes do MM was a cake walk we owned the shit outta him thanks for the info posted here now we working on vergalid =p

humm

Anyone figured out the BANE use on MM? Please post here

Thanks

Jenn

Last edited: