Macros acting funny since the last patch?

Artemus

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed aberrant behavior by their macros since the last patch? I'm seeing a number of problems, like:

Not checking buffs despite it being a routine that worked previously
Secondary melees not acquiring a target on assist
Macros that previously worked not starting at all

For instance, I use the Rogue Helper 6.0 mac from here, and that rogue is just not picking up a target and attacking. Hitting f5 to acquire a target gets him moving but he's stopped acquiring the target through assist.

In another case, my autopilot warrior is supposed to check all his new SOD clickies but isn't doing it. I restarted the mac and he did go through the check.

I noticed yesterday my speedutils and mmowarp wasnt working. And for the past few days my doors stay open isnt working either. This happens when I been playing a few hours or so. But I think it was all caused by a bug they said cuz my mmoloader cut out on me last night in Old Dranik City, and I could have sure used the speed util at the time lol. Havent tried it today tho.

I'm not talking about plugins. I'm talking about macros that just stop working, either in part or entirely.

usually when a macro stops working its because of a plugin being broke

Yeah, my auto exp macro's will go for a bit and then suddenly stop. No macro ending message, no loop its caught in, it just doesnt do anything.

Yeah, my auto exp macro's will go for a bit and then suddenly stop. No macro ending message, no loop its caught in, it just doesnt do anything.

Yeah I am having the same thing... Not sure what it is because I sat watching it for about 2 hours working, went to bed and bam, not working lol.

Warp seemed to not work a few times when it should have and then on a heal sub the cleric targeted the main and said "healing" then proceeded to sit and watch the tank die.

Something is up I think lol

I do not know if it is similar to your guy's troubles. But I run modbot for just about every class minus a few. And they are all 80 to 85. Well a old friend came back to EQ and is 4 boxxing. I lvl'd his characters for him got them up. Then we tried to set up modbot for them. The cleric works but like someone said before..... will act like going to heal but then not and let the pc die. Or the chanter will mezz and buff but not cast a slow or anyother debuff except for mezz.

The melee on modbot works pretty good have not had trouble... it assists and helps kill with the warrior. So if anyone hears anythin please post here like to figure it out.

Have just been using Devastators MageBot and the problem I think is that the HP check is broken...

I have had the MageBot send pet in on a pull where the mob it at 100% (Mage bot set to engage at 97%) but worked perfect up until the patches SOE made...

ive been using a bard assist macro that was working fine prior to patch but now it will assist and kill for a few mobs and then it just stops assisting if i restart it it will work for a few mobs then quite.

most, not all of my macro's work fine, however 80% of the macro's i use have been done by myself or atleast edited to fit what i need by myself.

Wow, I'm trying another mac out right now and man is it in bad shape. Won't heal my pet at all despite being below the heal threshhold.

Wow, I'm trying another mac out right now and man is it in bad shape. Won't heal my pet at all despite being below the heal threshhold.

I think the issue is that the HP check is not working...

This is shown on all of the problems so far, such as the Bard Mac works for a bit but then stops. It isn't recognising that the target is below the assist HP% and just sits there.

My Healing Mac, works for a bit and then just stops healing.

The Mage Mac, just doesn't send pet or start casting...

It is not evedent unless you are using a mac for a while (maybe 15 mins or so?) and probably won't be picked up by things such as holyshit or downshits because it will smash the /if checks until it does fire.

Anyone know what the issue may be?

Hmmm I am thinking you could be right. Because modbot for the chanter uses hp based presets for debuffs. But then again so does heals for a cleric on modbot. And so far tonight seems like cleric works fine but the chanter will just mezz and buff no other debuffs besides mezz will fire.

Hmmm I am thinking you could be right. Because modbot for the chanter uses hp based presets for debuffs. But then again so does heals for a cleric on modbot. And so far tonight seems like cleric works fine but the chanter will just mezz and buff no other debuffs besides mezz will fire.

That would be because it is not doing a HP Check...

If it either thinks the Mob is still 100% and there for an "add" or it is just not doing a HP check for what ever reason...

No official word if there is a known issue or not yet anyone?

It is just strange because it works sometimes for a while then stops and just doesn't seem to start again...

agree

I only use a simple target mac for my bard and it was really buggy since patch. I cleaned it out and really ony have a few lines to do a target. It really has a check hp problem and is still a little buggy. It has been running for a few hours now but I am sure it will start bugging out if I keep it going all day. Seems to always bug out the min I went afk for a long period.

Just try to keep providing as much detail as possible, and for those who know how, put some additional checks in your macros to spam some info so you can catch what is happening.

As far as hit points, I just did a few tests and can find no issue with CurrentHPs, PctHPs, etc.

htw

Will do, boss. It's just that these are a pain to reproduce because it takes a while before they just stop running. It's not like they fail immediately. But I'll keep a log as best I can.

Macro's doing wierd stuff

Enchanter.mac and mageBot.mac are both doing wierd things. Pets are getting targets and running out to engage when macro states not even start doing anything until 95%. Macro's have been acting and doing things that I have never seen them do. Hud in the MMO part is not showing up for me can't get xptracker to show any xp from mob kills, Hoover plugin is not showing up, Otd plugin is not showing up I have them checked in the plugin cofig. I have newest mmo compile via setup download. Wiped the old stuff out of macroquest folder and did complete new install, only thing I backed up and copyed back is my macro folder. Sorry don't know how and have never tried any debugging logs or whatever they are called. Everything has always worked pretty flawlessly up till 6/12/09 patch and everything after.

Enchanter.mac and mageBot.mac are both doing wierd things. Pets are getting targets and running out to engage when macro states not even start doing anything until 95%. Macro's have been acting and doing things that I have never seen them do. Hud in the MMO part is not showing up for me can't get xptracker to show any xp from mob kills, Hoover plugin is not showing up, Otd plugin is not showing up I have them checked in the plugin cofig. I have newest mmo compile via setup download. Wiped the old stuff out of macroquest folder and did complete new install, only thing I backed up and copyed back is my macro folder. Sorry don't know how and have never tried any debugging logs or whatever they are called. Everything has always worked pretty flawlessly up till 6/12/09 patch and everything after.
Sounds like maybe you don't have write access to macroquest.ini, so saving in plugin configuration is not actually saving. I'll try enchanter.mac at least on my end soon as I can (I am working). I do not have a mage, so cannot test magebot (well I do.. level 17 LOL).

htw

What is really strange is I tried the mac again last night for about 9 Hours and it ran flawless... I have not used the Assist Mac or the Mage mac to comment but I think it may just have been a funny glitch that has been resolved... ?