Lost Gnomes Exploit

Nicholi

Lifetimer
Reaction score
There is a way to do Lost Gnomes in under 45 minutes with only 2 people. Both must be using MQ2, and it requires a bard, or another class with a DA or something of that nature. A friend and me have done this a few times, and we are still working on perfecting it. I don't believe it can be macro'd though. Basically, have the bard DA and pull the entire first room you are in, then pull it into room to the west, while continuing to kite. While kiting both rooms in the west room, the necro or other FD class goes popping the cocoons. Pulls any gnomes to zone in to update mission. By the time you get one gnome, if the bard is geared decently enough, he should then /warp s to the zone in and /fade. Let everything reset, let potions come back and DA refresh. Warp into the northernmost part of the room to the east and DA. Pull the whole room into the center start area, gather all of those mobs, and pull them into that west room again, as I stated before, kite until you get a gnome, then /warp s and /fade. I set up a hotkey to do this for me. There is usually 4 gnomes between the first room and it's two side rooms. Once the cocoons in the center and east room are clear, go snag all of the mobs in the west room and bring them into center room. Round up all the mobs and kite in that room in circles until you get a gnome, get the gnome close to the center room, then DA and take all the mobs into the east room and sit there. That should give whoever is with you time to get the gnome past where they path back. Hold out of /warp s and /fade as long as you can on that one. If done properly, you can beat this mission fairly easily with only two people in zone. Doesn't hurt to have a cleric in zone either bc you can die every now and then. But the reward for alts and chest loot is worth it if you ask me. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

i did it with just da on my nec np da run thru the room and have someone else pop the cocoons

Yes you have to kite the mobs but you don't need MQ to do it, I am a rogue and i have a friend rogue, me and he can duo this mission and yes it takes way under 45 minutes, we got our whole guild this mission.

So one person gets the mobs and kites to another room, the other person pops cocoons, the spider ones the kiter picks up, the gnome ones the friend walks to the ZI? Just trying to simplify and clarify.

*Edited for spelling*

You dont have to kite to another room unless the room is very small because the "rescued" gnome will start attacking the spiders and die if he sees them.

/warp succor
/fade

really help the survivability rate though, sometimes the whole zone lags and you end up running right into a pile of unforgiving arachnids.