Code:
Sub Main
	/declare i int inner 0
	/declare j int inner 0
	/for i 1 to 22
		/if (!${String[${InvSlot[${i}].Item.Name}].Equal[NULL]}) {
			/for j 1 to 5
				/if (!${String[${InvSlot[${i}].Item.Item[${j}].Name}].Equal[NULL]}) {
					/echo ${InvSlot[${i}].Item} - ${InvSlot[${i}].Item.Item[${j}].Name} ${InvSlot[${i}].Item.Item[${j}].AC} AC ${InvSlot[${i}].Item.Item[${j}].HP} HP
				}
			/next j
		}
	/next i 
/return

This should list all the gear slots you have augs in, the aug, and it's AC/HP.

I wanted to be able to quickly decide what slot to upgrade for my tank, when getting a new aug, or looking for the worst one.

I'd like to have included the distiller you need to use to remove the aug, but I couldn't tell what item field the info was in, I suspect the lore text, or nothing we have access to.

I had in mind to write something to buy the remover, un-aug an armor slot, switch in the newer (better) piece of armor, and re-aug it, but without the remover info it was no go.
It's very tedious to do that for each armor slot as you get complete gear set upgrades (like new vis armor). It's even worse with multiple toons all levelling and gearing together. :(

That's why I wrote gear score last year. The idea is similar to the WOW plugin where you define what item attributes you want and it adds them up to give a total for the item you click. It then checks which slots the item can go in and tells you if the item is an upgrade and if so how much.

Its great for augs as well as it shows a list of all the augs it could replace and their score.

/plugin MQ2ItemDisplay

/iscore help

/iscore AC 10
/iscore HP 1
/iscore save

You can have the plugin automatically look at items that are linked in group, guild, or raid and have it send the output to your BCS chat. Using this option you take down a mob, link item in group, look at your BCS chat and can see in a matter of seconds which character will get the best upgrade.

Great plugin dewey, I use it with BCS chat exactly as you describe. Makes gear decisions very easy. I'd recommend looking into it.

Also, another semi-easy way to see all your augs in a nice sortable display is to create a character profile on raidloot.com. You import your character data using the "/outputfile inventory" command in-game, so that part is really easy. You can then look at summary views of all your gear/augs on one page. Very nice!

I had a look at gearscore, looks good and I will play with it, probably use it for my team 😃

But it doesn't address my goal messing with this macro, which was to look at what my augs were quickly and decide what I might want to go look for an upgrade for, and then automatically switch the Aug from one item to another. I think since Aug distillers info is not avail I might add it via some lookup or ini list.

Having a macro that will quickly list out all of your augs, their slot, and certain stats is easy and a nice idea (especially if you could have it sort the list according to a certain stat. Having it then swap out an aug from a piece of gear is quite difficult, and you have to ask yourself if it would be worth the time of writing that piece of code.

I am interested in what you come up with. I went down a similar path and ended up just using raidloot to get the big picture and the gear score stuff for grouping.

Rather than figuring out which distiller you need, just have a 20 slot pack you keep them all in. Make a macro which restocks any that get low.

I'm expecting they will soon either combine all distillers into one or let you buy them via right-click on the augment you want to remove. (They already dropped their selling price a whole lot a while back to encourage players to use them. I can remember when you had to consider whether salvaging an augment was worth the high price for its distiller.)

Seems inevitable. See how they made it so simple now to buy Rank II and Rank III spells? This is the direction they're going eventually, I think.

I hate to devote an entire bag to distillers. Plus most of the time you just need 12,13,18, 19 so I keep a stack of those in one of my regular bags.

I'd like to see a cheaper price for the Type 3 distiller. That's still painful!

I am thinking of a set of commands along the lines of

/aug remove head

/Aug add head *cursor* or

/aug add head "augment partial name"

Maybe with

/aug swap head *new head item in gear*

And then an ini file with Aug name = distiller, caching locally with a secondary lookup scraping alla for distiller number. Maybe that is /aug scrape distiller *item*, /aug add distiller *item*, /aug tell me distiller *item*

That lot would let a simple macro do what I am after.

Buying bags of distillers works but it is inelegant. I imagine also adding subcommand for buying 1 of each distiller needed to unaug all gear, or all visible gear (my original use case since vis armor upgrades across 6 toons getting levelled thru defiant, paragon, athlai, othni, Reis, abstruce, fear and latent totally sucks).

Already does listing them to see what each toon has and where gaps are.

Last edited:
What if you used an event to catch no distiller available. At which time you start buying and trying augs until you get success. At which time you sell back any of the one off items you bought. Then save the aug = distiller in an ini file and optionally buy a stack of distillers to have handy.

I think it would be easier than doing alla/lucy scraping and would be more robust. If you scrape and they change format you're script breaks.