Large address aware enabled

aspire2008

Iftw
Reaction score
How many accounts are people able to load up and max out on a single comp now that LAA is enabled on the client. Is it less or more than they were previously able too?

If you post, post your total RAM as well, and previous account limit vs after the LAA change.

Previously mine was 16-17 accounts on 32gb of RAM, have to test still after the LAA change.

Hmm I have loaded 20 accounts on same PC that had 32Gb of ram earlier this year. Did not seem like I would have a problem doing more if I had a better CPU at the time.
Dog slow and was getting low 20's in FPS on main char but I dont think people were hitting a limit because of EQ client.

Why would LAA allow people to run more eqclients? I am surprised to hear they even enabled it, what is the advantage of accessing more memory per eqclient ?

Last edited:
I'm thinking it will do less clients now?? Since each instance is taking up 4gb vs 2gb without the LAA.

How many accounts are people able to load up and max out on a single comp now that LAA is enabled on the client. Is it less or more than they were previously able too?

If you post, post your total RAM as well, and previous account limit vs after the LAA change.

Previously mine was 16-17 accounts on 32gb of RAM, have to test still after the LAA change.

24 right now.. 64 gigs of ram and 3 of the highest end video cards... adding 6 more soon. Pretty confident I could do 42-48

LAA only means the clients has access to more memory before they run out of it and crash.
You should be able to run just as many as you always have. They don't pre allocate any memory.

This change helps "kinda" when: as an example: say you run 1 client for 12 hours straight zoning back and forth continually between two heavily populated zones (mobs or players, doesn't matter) everytime you zone memory is allocated and deallocated to load mobs/pcs and zone files...
after about 8-12 hours your client will crash because all the memory it can use has become fragmented (Google memory fragmentation for more info)
Although I haven't tested this after the change, I'm guessing it will take 20-24 hours before it happens now...
So not really a fix, just a delay, but it's tricky to fix so I'll take it for now, it's something I'm investigating as well and collaborate with dbg to fix as well, just a hard bug to nail and difficult to fix properly since the underlying problem is how Windows itself handle memory...

I know there is a solution though, cause I've worked on banking solutions before and gotten those to run for months at a time with intense memory usage and no crashes... I just need time and patience to properly debug this and also, it's more difficult since I can't set breakpoints where I want them cause I don't have source access but whatevs... I'm positive this can be fixed eventually.

Last edited: