Krond the Longhorn

This is not alot of info as still playing with event, but what have so far. He is sleeping from 100% to 95% at 95% he comes active. After a while "don't know if its random or time based" he drops agro and goes to a weapon rack and gets a weapon set. When he gets The Axe your tanks have to switch to 2h weapons, when he gets the spears your tank has to use a shield, and when he gets any other weapons your tank has to use an set of duel wield. During even random people get charmed, leave top buff slots open to disspell it. Will try to post more info in the next couple of days.

weapon sets are real important. if you have the wrong weapon set when he goes to the racks he will flurry that tank and who ever else gets on aggro untill he "sees" the right weapon set.

the charm does happen at random and its how we deal with it also. keep your 4 top slots open from buffs so the charm can go there and be despelled easily

the first move to the rack maybe time based. as we have been able to burn him to 55% before the first move.

The moves are completely random. We have had him move within the first 20 seconds, also have had him stay in that spot until he was nearly at 40%, and sometimes he does not even move to a weapon rack as we have killed him without him going there once.

Often it comes down to luck, you really need to watch your aggro when Krond is wielding a weapon as one bonehead can fuck your raid. Swarm pets are not really a good idea and you want to have all your DPS back off when he's nearing the weapon rack as aggro will need to be re-established.

Some other notes:

-Burn immediately when he activates after waking up, the fight is just too shady to be doing assloads of damage when he could go into flurry mode from a DPS taking aggro.

-Need to get 4 "pauses to catch its breath" emotes from Henchtaurs to keep your raid from being silenced. All you need to do is have people stand in front of them and get g-fluxed to get the emote. This has been buggy lately.

It seems a few weapon types have been missed when he goes to his rack. Would it be possible to further clarify what it missing or elaborate more please. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Weapons Types -- will do my best to describe the ones he uses. He can switch weapons without going to a rack, idk if thats a bug but he's been doing it lately but only has 4 kinds of weps.

when Krond uses dual spears - Tank uses a shield.

when Krond uses those big ugly maces - Tank uses a 2hander.

when Krond uses knuckle things or knives - Tank uses 1 handers.

anything other than those, he will flurry.

am not sure you can kill the adds kite them yes. but i just go afk and hope i am alive when i get back:}

What's the deal with the adds, just kill them?

If your talking about the slavers, they spawn at random times (atleast to my knowledge random), and charm 3 people in your raid. The person charmed needs dispell cast on them otherwise they roam off to the maze area and die. Sometimes, the slavers bug out and instead start attacking you. At this point simply kill them.

If your talking about any other adds during the event its due to you not clearing out the maze before starting krond. Clear the entire area around the maze then go to krond and your set.

he just keeps rapin our tanks even without flurries

Is Krond weak to any particular type weapons when he goes to the rack? I know he will go into flurry mode till the right set is used. Sort of wondering if the right weapons does more damage or just prevents the insane flurry.

It's a quick fight, we use an AHL spam and kill him fast

Spears = Use Shield
H2H = Use Dual Wield/1HS
Axes = Use 2 Hand weapons
Daggers = Use Dual Wield

Having an open buff slot in the top slot helps deal with that charm. We usually just dispel the person who gets charmed.

Keys to this fight is don't attack unless you have the right weapon set. If you power him up 3 times and he's not at 10% or less it's best to just memblur and get the heck out of the room.

Clearing the maze on the east side of the elevator is a must.