Katta Faction

r0xx0r

Reaction score
I originally pm'd this so that it could be anon. But out of fear that it would get nerf'd before this sites great user group could use it, I decided to go ahead and post it - sorry to pester you with the previous pm's fry. This is not a macro - but I'm sure there are some out there that can make this into one.

Things you will need : /plug mq2reachit loaded
Tank, Healer, puller/dps

[helpful hint, almost all mobs around this area see invis]
--The mission for Beheading the Commander Zzarishazum - which you get from Captain Parvus, whom is close to the traders, by saying, " i will cut his head off " - can be done multiple times and there is no wait timer on getting the mission again. Keeping this in mind, we will need to set up camp at +2600, +2900 (roughly) Commander Zzarishazum spawns in the center of this building that is somewhat lower on the Z plane than the loc I gave above, he has two guards that spawn with him as well. He always pops (no ph) and get this, he's on a five minute spawn timer, that's right 5 minutes, everytime.
Getting the quest after you're at location:
1. /target parvus
2. /saytarget I will cut his head off!
3. pull and kill Commander Zzarishazum
4. /target parvus
5. /hailtarget (then select your reward)

All reward options give faction, none will give orum - but the third will give 75 pp. The task was giving me about 11% aa at lvl 75 on completion. My group of three dropped the named in about 40 seconds, so we'll say it takes about 7 mins to do this task, and is repeatable in the same amount of time. 75 pp, 11% aa, and faction every 7 mins is not bad.

Input welcome, please enjoy before the patch. let me know if you folks can find something better on this.

r0xx0r

anyone test this after the patch?

MQ2ReachIt is not operational so it can't be tested yet... let's wait and see. Won't be the firs time Sony missed something in a patch. Fingers crossed.

well thats not the important part of the whole thing though, can it still be done repeatedly like that or did they nerf it with a timer...

Its still repeatable, can do in 7 to 10 min with no hacks with the right group and a fellowship.

I am going to try it by just leaving a member stationed at Parvus. Thanks!

bleh

It's a solo task. Have to bind a wiz at camp and then evac everyone and bind back.

Well MQ2reachit works now so don't have to do that if you don't want to.

Well MQ2reachit works now so don't have to do that if you don't want to.

except /saytarget momentarily warps you to the target and is very noticeable to anyone sitting in front, easier way is to set up a campsite at your base camp and /warp succor to talk to parvus then "use" your campsite to get back

steve

yes very true it warps you momentarily and then straight back so if anyone in the zone i do suggest against it. /nod

Wonder how tough that guy is.. Not sure if my group can handle him, alla says he kinda tough. Warrior only at 12.5khp 2100ac.. got to find katta faction missions my 6box group can handle easily (i hope)

try fate of the combine, usually pretty low on orum but is fairly easy, my war is 13.9/2800ac and can bot it pretty easy. This guy is ALOT weaker than the mob in fate of the combine but splitting the 3 mobs in this isnt the easiest unless you have a monk.

steve

Took some guild friends over to this to try it out. Main guy was hitting 1900's and doubled. Also, bard couldn't really seem to get him split from the guards. Plan to go back and try again soon.

Took some guild friends over to this to try it out. Main guy was hitting 1900's and doubled. Also, bard couldn't really seem to get him split from the guards. Plan to go back and try again soon.

pathing and fading will do it, ive been doing it via ranger and /fade and it works so bard should be able to do it

steve

anyone know if this still works?

i have a 19.4k tank 3300 ac 11k mana druid so shouldn't be an issue for me