• Indifferent/Don't Care

Votes: 42 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Salutations,

This can be summed up pretty quickly…
JJ is a great guy and an honorable person when it comes to helping anyone with an honest question that was worded in such a way to portray that he/she actually tried to figure it out themselves and in turn are truly interested in learning, or have previously done so and have already earned his liking. The problem here is that the world revolves around stupid people – without them, none of the bright ones would be rich or be able to slide by in life, working half assed at work and still able to survive.

To insult the stupid ones out of disgust for their ignorance when plainly marked with hazard signs when just noting their language used, let alone idiotic questions over and over again is to most people, useless. The positive side is that the fear of getting flamed keeps most of the newbie people from becoming the stupid people by actually using the search feature or reading the full documentation of a macro/plugin before posting their question. Which in turn actually keeps them from being flamed, and will hopefully eventually put JJ out of a job.

Could this be solved by saying; Ok newbies, it is time you own up and start using the search feature and doing more reading! No, because most stupid people are stupid for a reason, it’s called laziness. And there for we are doomed to endless mind numbingly retarded questions day in and day out as long as someone still has piety and every once in a while encourages the lazy people to keep being lazy.

I thank you for the hard work of flaming that you do JJ, without you the forums would be way worse off in my opinion. It’s a rough job, but someone has to be clever enough to do it…

Jim helps alot, writes good mac's. Never been an ass to me. He does get little um itchy sometimes. But he's used to MQ2 board and the way they treat people.

Last edited:
I don't think it is good to have someone register, ask a question and get a reply in an area that is supposed to be flame-free that might make them think twice as to why they paid for access. If anyone wants that then go to MQ boards and let them flame or degrade you for trying to create an insightful macro that helps with Vishimtar (yeah, happened to yours truly). However in the same breathe I can understand how repetitive it gets, but I think the standard reply of "Search is your friend" is not a good way to encourage people to stay. If you are simply going to reply with that, then I think you're better off just ignoring the question. It takes a lot less time to point someone in the right direction. There are threads that are stickied, etc. I have actually gotten PM's from new people that are afraid to post. Do we really want that?

It also takes 3x as long for anyone to actually assist someone with a real problem or question when you have to read thru 10 junk posts titled ??????????? or HELP ME!@! or Basic Heal Macro question or maybe Monk bug. When the last 10 posts made that day are all on the same subject.

I am harsh at times but I have gotten better and trying to.. Part of the reason for this poll/thread.

It also takes 3x as long for anyone to actually assist someone with a real problem or question when you have to read thru 10 junk posts titled ??????????? or HELP ME!@! or Basic Heal Macro question or maybe Monk bug. When the last 10 posts made that day are all on the same subject.

I am harsh at times but I have gotten better and trying to.. Part of the reason for this poll/thread.

I agree, you have toned it down a lot. I don't hate you, just sometimes think you should have a hotkey that sends newbies to a penalty box area, and forces them to read it...lol. Yeah, it gets annoying seeing the same shit asked day in and day out like HELP ME!

We should make like a 10 point system where they MUST check that they read it? It is simple to write a javascript that does some shit like that. Maybe that way we refer them to JJ once they've read it :p

My experiance with Jimmy

Jimmy, oh dear Jimmy.

Though I am not a very active person within the community I read just about everything I can get my hands on. Only had a few run-in's with Jimmy.

He is brash, abrupt, rude, overall a egotistical dick head who happens to be in love with his own mangina.

I believe that while all of these things he is honest, and a person of integrity. If each person here is "grown up" enough to find this board for CHEATERS, register and then pay a subscription fee, they in turn can be told when they are acting like a retarded dwarf with his stuck in a toilet.

I say keep him. If it was all nice and roses, we would not have a continued member base add to the site, and I see more people join each and every day. Is it because of Monk bug? Possibly, I think it has more to do with the community, which Jimmy is a part of.

Jimmy I thank you for your help, also for the wonderful time you gave me the other night....

Koralis

He is an asset to the site imo...maybe not the most cuddly guy here but I think that adds to the overall charachter of this community. Hell, I find some of his older replies kind of amusing and don't see it as blatant nastyness at all.

If anything, reading his past posts helped persuade me to get the lt membership..not the opposite.

I have posted a couple of questions and he has been quick to help as have others. All of you who take the time to help the rest of us out..you have my thanks..JJ included. I will say though that just seeing this poll up at all is awesome because it shows just how committed Fry and the team here are to making this a pleasant and flamefree community for the members...bravo guys.

P.Ss Hey JJ...what is that aa that monks need to use bugskill again? /duck :D

ive never had a problem with jimmy in my time here. the only time ive seen him go off at all is when someone responds to their own thread with out reading trough everything from the point they started it. he is very helpfull and very knowledgable in the way he responds untill you prove to have a monkeys testical for a brain.

Yea I get that when people subscribe here, they should read everything they have available to them. I know stuff gets repetitive, and I agree that he helps a lot. I just think his bs trolling is annoying. People don't pay 25-150 bucks to come here and get flamed for asking a question. The search aspect of this site doesn't always reveal the answers you're looking for because it's so freakin cluttered with everything else under the sun. That's why some people just post a question. If you tell them or "expect" them to 100% read everything they possible can soak into their brains before asking a question, or try every other route available to them EXCEPT posting a question on the forums, then you're no better than the elitist pricks over at the MQ2 forums. And that's the kind of crap JJ does. And that's what in my opinion is BS and needs to stop. (Ya he's flamed me, over some stupid shit that he coulda been better off not even saying as it wasn't even relevant to the thread)

I dunno, if I could get my money back I would just so I wouldn't have to put up with people like him who think they're the know it alls of an online forum community. Apparently he wasn't loved enough as a child? Whatever, I'd be happy if he was extremely moderated on everything he posted or perma banned, we have tons of smart people here that go above and beyond that could fill his shoes in a second. If he's gonna keep trolling and being stupid, I'd say ban his ass..He definately won't be missed by me.

telling you to play on an EMU server is not a flame.. You have not liked me since then because I didn't agree with having a hacker server... wow.

How about I re pay you your subscription fee and you can leave since I am such an elitiest prick, since thats what your post says you want to do. I think you are the one that I also said shouldn't have monk bug either, after you said a guy who had a poor macro was stupid and didn't deserve it. But I said 98% of the people with it shouldn't have it, not just you.

just for the record

basic heal macro yeilds like 15 + threads and I have posted the same macro in 3 of the top 7 threads the last time i checked.

Thats requiring them to soak in to much data.

If it hurt your feelings sorry but you post a poll expect some people not to agree with you.

JimJohn = Da man!

Jim ya are cool, have helped me out a bit, so ya. thanks

Well heres the way I see it, from the few months I have been here,
He is smart, blunt, sometimes outrageous and too quick to make a remark (good or bad).

The thing with this is, as I have been told the same about myself, is that people dont like this. Whether what they say is often true or not it is blunt, He says what he thinks and sees.
People dont like this as a general rule. Why? Because they dont like being told something about themselves that is not good. Whether its a mistake they make, they are being stupid, inconsiderate or whatever.

I have read responses to some of his posts that were by far more immature than he had posted just because they didnt like his post, even though the post seemed to be helpful, just outright blunt. So who is in the wrong?

For the sake of being banned or not, if he is banned then there really should be others banned as well. Which brings you to the choice or making new rules for posts and so such.

JJ

Well I have to admit that I voted that you are a jerk.
But after reading all this I want to change my vote.

FRY PLEASE CHANGE MY VOTE TO LOVE HIM>

I guess its just for us who have paid for lifetime who arnt as savy in Mac's and such, even with reading teh posts we still have some dumb questions and as paying members I think we should have a right to get a answer for our questions.

Someday we will be smarter but not if we cant learn and are so intimidated to ask due to people bashing us for asking. What is teh point of asking and paying for a service if we never learn?

Thanks

telling you to play on an EMU server is not a flame.. You have not liked me since then because I didn't agree with having a hacker server... wow.

How about I re pay you your subscription fee and you can leave since I am such an elitiest prick, since thats what your post says you want to do. I think you are the one that I also said shouldn't have monk bug either, after you said a guy who had a poor macro was stupid and didn't deserve it. But I said 98% of the people with it shouldn't have it, not just you.

just for the record

basic heal macro yeilds like 15 + threads and I have posted the same macro in 3 of the top 7 threads the last time i checked.

Thats requiring them to soak in to much data.

If it hurt your feelings sorry but you post a poll expect some people not to agree with you.

And here you wanted an un-moded forum to see how much people really can't stand you, and I guess the whole "you'll get no flames from me" was just an empty statement.

Your reasons for me not liking you are wrong, I could care less if you agree with me on a certain subject or not. When I posted that poll, I expected a large number of people to not agree with me. It was just something that had crossed my mind and I wanted to get peoples opinions. I think you're an asshole because well....you are. As far as the retard monk who sat ghosting in the lobby for hours on end, ya it's people like him that shouldn't even bother using said plugin because it gives everyone else a bad wrap. If people weren't so stupid about using it then the rest of us who've actually been smart about it wouldn't have GM's breathing down our necks.

My reasons for not liking you are because of the way you post and talk to people. Every assinine thing you've said to people on these boards, could have been said in a different way..a less troll way I guess. Personally, I don't know you and I'm pretty glad at that, I got a funny feeling I'd think you're an idiot in real life too. But it's not a personal grudge that I have against you, it's the way you talk to people here. Fry opened a poll, asking what people thought about you, and he's gotten his answer 10 times over. Some like you, some hate you, a lot less people would hate you if you stopped being so much of a troll.

Regardless, I'm done with this thread. Like I've said before, you have helped people in the past, and you know what you're talking about with macros, but your advice and your help would be accepted a lot better if you weren't such an ass all the time. Sometimes, I'll say that it may be neccessary to get your point across to talk to people the way you do, but not always. Just about every other thread that I look at that has your name on it, has you being rude to someone more than offering help. Or calling someone an idiot in the same sentence you're supposed to be helping. Just my 2 cents.

If you consider that quote a flame. I am sorry for you. Nothing in that post was aggressive. unless the thats requires them to soak in to much data is considered a flame. i was pointing out that people lable a thread something that if they used said tread title as search they get the information they needed. All they had to do was read the first few replies to the already asked question.

Again sorry if you felt it was a direct attack or assinine comment. I was stating facts.

I I hate JJ so much I have a quote from one of his posts to warn others of him.

P.S. I dont really like or dislike him and his posts give me a laugh more often than not.

This is a retarded thread. No offense to those that hate him but:

1. EverQuest, WoW, Vanguard or any other game on this websites are just that; A GAME. That being said, if you are getting bent out of shape of somebody at a community of those games, then maybe you should take a step back, go outside, ride a bike, kiss a girl (or not to be sexist, a boy), or hang yourself with a shoe lace.

2. While JJ might be all for hearing what people say, think about how you would feel if there were 40+ posts about people either loving your or hating you. And, of the posts of people that hate you, most of them were people who he tried to help, but they didn't help theirselves first. If you are so sensitive (nothing against sensitivity) that you get upset that someone tells you to use the resources available to you to find your answer before wasting others' time, then maybe you should just take the time that he did and learn all the stuff that he knows.

3. I never thought of JJ as a mean person until the last Member Reward vote where it was blatently pointed out that people couldn't believe they were voting for him because of how much of a jackass he is. Yet, he received what like 80% of the votes? That number alone should tell you what an asset he is to the community. Why would you need to do a post/poll that could just lead to a bunch of flaming to one person? I bet none of you could be as calm as he has been throughout.

4. This is directed straight at the person who thought that JJ was flaming you a couple posts back. Chill out, if you had this many posts all of a sudden about you, I'd think that you would get defensive too. JJ wasn't flaming you, he was feeling attacked.

4. This is directed straight at the person who thought that JJ was flaming you a couple posts back. Chill out, if you had this many posts all of a sudden about you, I'd think that you would get defensive too. JJ wasn't flaming you, he was feeling attacked.

Feeling attacked? Ofcourse he would the whole purpose of this thread was for people to voice their opinions of him. I would be willing to guess if Fry wasn't getting complaints about him, he wouldn't have made this poll. I'm not sure exactly why he did it, you'd have to ask him. Curiosity maybe? Dunno. JJ said he wanted to know what people thought of him and requested the thread to be mod free.. and he got his request granted, so far. You seem to think that anything I say about him is personal like I know him outside of this message board. In fact, I don't and I'm not basing my posts off knowing, or not knowing JJ personally. I've clearly said again and again, it was from the way he's posted in the past. Again I will say, people don't pay 25-150 bucks to come here and get their questions handed back at them with a big "FU" especially when it's posted right on the front of the site, and I quote:

"We cater to all levels of computer literacy. We don't expect everyone to be an expert, but have experts available so you don't spend days figuring out how to use certain programs or plugins. Our support staff and developers will GUIDE you through any difficulties without the usual "NOOB" ATTITUDE or other UNHELPFUL comments that can be associated with other sites. Our staff and members have countless years experience in MMO Gaming and will HELP give you the upper hand over everyone else in EQ."

I'm not giving you shit by saying any of this, but why would you expect anything less than people coming here asking questions without thoroughly searching first when it says right on the front page that they can (paraphrased). You can take the above quoted statement as you want, but it doesn't say.."Make sure you use all available outlets to find an answer to your question before you come posting your newb shit on the forums cluttering up our space. We had to learn the hard way and so do you." But that's the mentality that a lot of people here have and since JJ is the most "outspoken" (being nice.. it's this new thing I'm trying) one when it comes to the "Search is your friend" mentality, he gets picked on I guess.

Again like I have said before..the guy knows his stuff. I don't think he's a dumbass, and I don't think he's clueless. He knows a helluva lot more about macros and plugins than I do..I'm still learning myself, teaching myself about all that. The only "quam" I ever had against him was the manner in which some of his posts were made towards others. That's really all it boils down to..and if you or anyone else makes it into more than that.. then maybe you should "unplug" "chill out" "ride a bike" or "kiss a boy or girl" (your preference).

I know I said I was done with this thread but I'm rolling up on 24 hours of no sleep..have insomnia and I'm dealing with the loss of my monk :mad: This just popped out at me.. again.

By the way..this is excellent for /farming post count!

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.