• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
The community seemed to be split between loving or hating JimJohnson. I want to see the true numbers.

Please vote on your feelings towards JimJohnson posts on MMOBugs.

1. Love Him, Keep It Up
2. Hate Him, Needs The Ban Stick
3. Indifferent/Don't Care/Undecided.

All votes will be kept secret. Lets see if you can win this poll Jim. :)

Fry.

I request no mod mods this thread. Let anyone talk shit to me if they want. Id like to know how people really feel.

I'll give the post 1 week grace period before being removed as I don't want a flame battle in a public forum. You never know how this will turn out.

Fry.

No flames from me, I just want feed back.

Well this should be a fun poll :) but no matter the turnout I think the ladies will still want jimsjohnson.

I just wanna get this out there... JJ did not write MQ2MonkKill(er) he is just a distributer

So the first fact is out. JJ steals other peoples work. Thanks Freq for clearing that up. :)

Fry.

Its well known or has been said more then a few times. That MQ2Kill aka MQ2MonkKill is Freqs work.

JUST READ MY SIG
JJ has been more helpful with macs and plugins than anyone. i realize he didnt write the macs or plugins and i love the people who do. but without him i wouldnt know how half the plugins work. yes im a lzy fuck and dont always read the wiki.

Necroman

Your tactics are sublime, if a little harsh at times. I love that plugin you hand out.

The tone of your posts can be a little over the top sometimes, MMO Bugs is a friendly place where no question is too stupid...ish. But then right after checking this forum each morning I head over to the SK forums, which make anything Jim says look like the words of an Angel.

He's brainy when it comes to macros and plugins and I think he helps people some, but more often than not his assinine comments and bs troll posts aren't needed or wanted. If he stopped with the stupid "I'm God and know it all attitude" he'd be an alright guy. I for one thought MMOBugs wasn't about trolls like him, seeing as how this site is described as everything the MQ2 forums aren't. But more often than not that's the kind of response he gives..when in reality it'd be a lot more helpful if he just stopped the bs and answered peoples questions or ignore those threads entirely.

I do talk to JJ pretty often about this topic and he does apologize to me about posts when things get out of hand and he is very open minded about talking about these things. He has also made a noticable effort in trying to improve his flame bait posts recently.

I know a few people want JJ removed from the community but out of anyone here he replies to more questions and helps a vast majority of people out with problems. With that said though I know he is upsetting a few people with some of his posts which in turn makes people leave the community.

Fry.

JJ is an excellent contributer 99.9% of the time.

The only time his attitude and posts change is when either people don't read, don't search, or act completely oblivious to something we've said 10 times over.

While we don't tolerate flaming, more than enough of us know we want to, Jim just doesn't hold back sometimes. I think the only people who don't think it's funny are those who are victim to it.

He is generally helpful, and that's what really matters.

I come here to lurk and read posts mostly since quitting eq1, and i gotta say i laugh when i read jim's posts. I think the point is most people just take shit to seriously, yea he can be over the top, but ya gotta just take everything some people say with a grain of salt. I guess that's all i gotta say.

chaotika said:
If he stopped with the stupid "I'm God and know it all attitude" he'd be an alright guy.

Chaotika, that is JJ. That's his personality. He could say the same about the people that take him the wrong way - "They're just too sensitive". *shrugs*

He's chewed my lunch before, but I was in the wrong, know better now, so no harm done. Regardless if you like the way someone tells you that you are wrong, the fact remains that you are wrong, and that is how JJ addresses it.

He's brainy when it comes to macros and plugins and I think he helps people some, but more often than not his assinine comments and bs troll posts aren't needed or wanted. If he stopped with the stupid "I'm God and know it all attitude" he'd be an alright guy. I for one thought MMOBugs wasn't about trolls like him, seeing as how this site is described as everything the MQ2 forums aren't. But more often than not that's the kind of response he gives..when in reality it'd be a lot more helpful if he just stopped the bs and answered peoples questions or ignore those threads entirely.

Word for word I couldn't have said it better... JJ is most probably a great guy and I have no doubt he is a valuable asset (friend) to the community... But there have been quite a few times that I wanted to ask him just why in the world would you treat another member so badly, and didn't... I joined and encouraged others (friends and family) to join when I saw the committment made to support newbs like me (ie. the willingness to answer the same question a 1000 times and a "you go friend" attitude)... This community is very special in the MQ world and hopefully remains so...

PS. Indeed I want to see JJ stay... Lord knows, as time permits, I have a million newb questions to ask...................

Gotta love em

Every time I have asked a 'real' question or for help with a macro JJ has a fair and helpful answer. His attitude, most of the time, goes nasty when it's a stupid question, lazy question ( i.e. didn't take a few min to research the answer before making a new thread.), or post something in a public forum that belongs in lifetime. In IRC and on the boards I think that JJ is, more often than not, very helpful.
Don't get me wrong, He is still a jackass, but a man can be both a nice guy and a jackass...:cool:

I like him b/c he has a hot sister

pics plz!!!!

I like JJ, always have. If you read his posts over time and get a feel for his general nature I don't see how anyone would be offended. Sure, if you randomly picked one post without knowing anything about him it might cause you to want to kick his ass but in context of who he is (on these boards), when he does get "over the top", it's generally for cause. If he stopped speaking his mind this would be a much duller place.

Sometimes he goes what some call overboard, but many times he is expressing what alot of others are just not saying. Not always the most tactful, but often right on the mark. Get to know JJ and you know he is a stand up guy with knowledge to back it. I refuse to vote as I feel it is unnecessary. Call him on his bs and you will earn his respect. How many times I wanted to say use the damn search function and in more colorful words he did. I do not condone abuse of others, but alot of the times the answer is so easily found it makes you want to cry just reading it asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.