Installing MQ

Transor

Reaction score
Granted I am no genius,but I having the toughest time loading MQ. Can anyone suggest a step by step simple way of loading Macroquest.

Any and all help very appreciated

Trans

Create a shortcut to the EXE on your desktop. MQ2 is not a program with an active window (nothing really pops up when you load it) other than an icon in your tray.

or if your running vista (after you've made your shortcut to desktop) right click on the icon and click "run as administrator"

No need to run as admin if you ARE the admin.

You aren't "the admin" in vista. Even if you are in the administrators group, privilege elevation only takes place when necessary (or requested).

You need to turn UAC off, and be in admin group, or run as admin, and be in admin group.

htw

Well, yea.

First thing I did to my laptop was turn that damn UAC off.

You aren't "the admin" in vista. Even if you are in the administrators group, privilege elevation only takes place when necessary (or requested).

You need to turn UAC off, and be in admin group, or run as admin, and be in admin group.

htw

Or get an admin to put you in admin only after you are admin. Of course, you can admin the admin group to give yourself admin properties, but this might tick off the admin!

Do I win the award for using admin the most? :)

Or get an admin to put you in admin only after you are admin. Of course, you can admin the admin group to give yourself admin properties, but this might tick off the admin!

Do I win the award for using admin the most? :)

Sure. Here's your cookie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activate the Administrator account and login as the Administrator. The Administrator never gets prompted to elevate privileges to Administrator level since he's already the Administrator. Unless of course it's been activated in through policies.

User Account Control is there for a reason, so that stupid (yes STUPID F*CKING) users (who should never have been allowed to push the power button on a computer, even less use one) that just install programs left and right they download of "teh internetz" and generally have no clue what the f*ck they have installed on their computer, are warned if a program suddenly tries to elevate itself to Administrator privileges. Most people know these programs as malware or just plain viruses.

Activate the Administrator account and login as the Administrator. The Administrator never gets prompted to elevate privileges to Administrator level since he's already the Administrator. Unless of course it's been activated in through policies.

User Account Control is there for a reason, so that stupid (yes STUPID F*CKING) users (who should never have been allowed to push the power button on a computer, even less use one) that just install programs left and right they download of "teh internetz" and generally have no clue what the f*ck they have installed on their computer, are warned if a program suddenly tries to elevate itself to Administrator privileges. Most people know these programs as malware or just plain viruses.

LMAO!