Infiltrating the Guardian XP bug Macro

That's what i was saying earlier. The 70 shroud xp seems to be a LOT less then the 65 shroud xp. I have tested this earlier, not in this mission but in general xp groups. If you shroud your guy to 70 and throw him into a regular xp group in let's say shard's landing group, he will get less xp then if he was unshrouded at 70 just getting xp the normal way in that group. I think there is something busted with the 70 shroud, where it's getting horrible xp. Seemed like the 65 shroud was the only decent one.

Things I think people need to check.
What is your XP set to? Should be 100% regular on ALL toons, including the 95.
Don't have fellowship sharing turned on, it's crap anyway.

Shroud exp was nerfed.

Level 100 grouped with a 73... 90 cleric sat in instance outside grp. Put on Shining Rampart and went to town for 15 mins. Spirit Sending and gained 2 levels. Shrouded again... 15 mins later another 2 levels. Shroud again then popped a 100% potion of adventure... 15 mins later 1.8 levels.

So here's what I think happened.

1.) Shroud negate bonus experience.
2.) Shrouds are capped at a certain experience rate which scales terrible (on purpose)
3.) Shrouds have a certain threshold that once reached stops yielding experience.

*shrugs* Just not what it use to be.

Last edited:
2 levels in 15 mins is not bad. Not sure how that compares to hotzones. Plus, this is extremely lazy killing. You just spam a hotkey then just sit there let the mobs die from riposte.

Only downside is there is no AA exp. Grinding AA at level 90-100 is much tougher & slower then at level 70. So keep that in mind if you pl that far up.

But it wasn't 2 levels every time. It depreciated a lot the higher the level you are.

Ran it for 10 hours and this is what I got:

1st run --- Started out *before running mission* at 18% into 90.
Ended the run at 98% into 90.

2nd run --- started at 98% into 90.
Ended at 34% into 91.

This was shrouded at 70 grouped with 3 level 100s (unshrouded). Warrior, Cleric, Rogue (spawning).

3 shrouded in group at level 70.

I've heard other people getting better results, like one of my friends went from 70-88 in 10 hours. And another friend went from 96-97 in 5 hours. That really isn't bad at all for AFK exp. However, my results were horrendous.
A few others had similar results as me. As far as I know, all 3 of us were running the mission in the same way, same shroud level and same number of unshrouded toons at the same level. I am not sure why results varied...

the 70 shroud gives horrible xp that is why. Unless you have a 95 to kill stuff with i wouldn't even both better xp elsewhere unless you just want AFK xp.

Whats the best way to slaughter 100+ of these with a ranger? Headshot? (seems it would be slower then melee'ing, given they already have low hp at 65). If melee'ing how do you keep yourself up without a healer with 100+ mobs interrupting self heals?

Whats the best way to slaughter 100+ of these with a ranger? Headshot? (seems it would be slower then melee'ing, given they already have low hp at 65). If melee'ing how do you keep yourself up without a healer with 100+ mobs interrupting self heals?

They can't be headshot, they're not humanoid, and a ranger is a bad class to attempt this with

Use a level 90-95 monk with a hasten mend AA.
Use a level 90-95 sk with their epic.

Have a cleric/healer outside group. One shot of shining armor should do the trick.

Cleric swarming with shining+dd proc also works

When mobs are grey to everyone but the one toon being Powerleveled I didn't know it mattered how many were in the group.

When mobs are grey to everyone but the one toon being Powerleveled I didn't know it mattered how many were in the group.

not true, if you see an xp message then xp gets split with everyone in group starting with highest level. Tested that 90 PLing group of four shrouded 65's got them about a level in two hours. 90 Pling one 65 got a level in 20 minues.

Cool thank you for the information.
I should have phrased as question because that's how I meant it.

Cleric swarming with shining+dd proc also works

Dang, my cleric just leveled to 98...deleveling to 97 should work with 65 shroud, right?

Now to look for threads on cleric swarming....

Just tested with a the 95 and 65 shroud combo... still shit experience.

Looks like no easy PL this year.

Level 96 worked with 65 shroud haven't tried with 97

Thought might be interesting to see if lev 90 version was swarmable by 100 sk .. it is..most mobs in the instance gave about 20% AAXP ......EXCEPT the spawned mobs at the top ... they give about 0.06% AAXP each (with double xp, 100% AAXP and 6k ish AA)
Yuck in short, going back to swarming elsewhere

Thought might be interesting to see if lev 90 version was swarmable by 100 sk .. it is..most mobs in the instance gave about 20% AAXP ......EXCEPT the spawned mobs at the top ... they give about 0.06% AAXP each (with double xp, 100% AAXP and 6k ish AA)
Yuck in short, going back to swarming elsewhere
The exploit was never intended to use for AA exp though. It was only good for use in PLing toons with their exp at 100% 'real' experience. For levels. Not AAs