"Inactive account" problem... seeking some help please!

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Bought an account here in June from long-time active member.

Been using it regularly ever since, levelled up to 88. Played it a few nights ago with no problems.

Go to log in recently, get error "Account inactive. Reactive account." Something like that.

My credit card on the account was replaced by my bank. They just changed card numbers and the old card was cancelled. But this account wasn't due for a new monthly charge yet.

So I go to log into the Station and I get "There was an error with your login. Please try again."

However I am able to re-set the password. A new one gets sent to my email account.

But when I go to log in with the username and the new temporary password, using the log-in link included in the Sony email, I get "Invalid Username or Password." I've typed the temp password by hand as well as used cut-n-paste from their email so I'm entering it correctly.

So I am stumped.

Could this be how they handle suspending an account for MQ offenses? Or would they be more blunt?

Or is these the signs of a previous owner trying to gank the account back? Thing is, the secret answer is the same and my email is still on the account.

I don't want to call CS until I have a better idea what's what...

Can I try an online petition as a low-key way maybe to get an idea what's the nature of the problem?

Anyone run into this situation and can provide advice?

Last edited:
I came across this already before on 1 of my account.

SOE needs a valid cc on file for it to change to. If there is no cc valid it will give you that error sometimes.

Call SOE or go to chat and give them a valid cc number to have on the account and they will open account then.

I think you're right.

How much info do they ask for? Does this have to be done "live" or can I submit the info in a petition or a ticket?

Never had to do this before!

Either way they still going to ask you the questions to verify the account. SQ, Name. What was the card last 4 that was used on it. Then most likely give them a new cc number so they can activate the account

You can try a petition. Explain the bit about your bank issuing a new card number and deactivating the old number and ask them to update the info manually

Thing they're afraid of is ecommece fraud. People subscribing with bogus numbers. So they deactivate the acct till there is a valid CC on file.

Don't have to give them too much info. Just keep it simple: station id, password/sq, email address, old card number, new number, ccid and exp date. Keep your info consistent with what's registered on the acct and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
create a blank soe subscription or use one of your others and petition. The other way is to call.

They close the front end of an account at at times if they suspect fraud of some kind. Happens when CCs get canceled

Heeh I don't think it should be on my end man, none of the CCs i used were canceled...did you close a card of some kind. I'll be glad to help you with whatever i possibly can just hit me up.

My credit card on the account was replaced by my bank. They just changed card numbers and the old card was cancelled. But this account wasn't due for a new monthly charge yet.

Heeh I don't think it should be on my end man, none of the CCs i used were canceled...did you close a card of some kind. I'll be glad to help you with whatever i possibly can just hit me up.

reading 101!