If you had to guess, how much of the EQ population uses MQ?

Copperhead

Reaction score
Would the figure be close to 50%? Or maybe even above that #?

i honestly think that if the true # was actually known, that people would be shocked at how many MQ users there were.

i can honestly see 70%

I doubt it's that high, 30-40 is my guess.

keep in mind that some users maybe only using the vanilla compiles and only use the maps for fast tracking of mobs and dont use the more active plugins such as warp.

the vanilla users would figure into that # as well

do any of the developers here have any guesstimated rough estimates?

I have to agree, 70 percent is about right. 50% I would say uses mmobugs, 20 percent uses vanilla compile.

Any chance Fry or other mods could pull the current numbers since loader shows login?

I have to agree, 70 percent is about right. 50% I would say uses mmobugs, 20 percent uses vanilla compile.

Any chance Fry or other mods could pull the current numbers since loader shows login?

Ehh.... let's just play the guessing game instead.

I'd wager 30% of the userbase is active, maybe 10-20% passive.

I'd educational guess somewhere between 1000 to 2000 people. Who knows what the game population is these days. I'd say around 20% then.

Back when I raided I would have said about 10 of us knew who used, there was about 10 more we thought used but were secretive and were more SEQ users. There were some guilds I joined towards 2006 where pretty much everyone was an MQ'er. And at one point I can remember busting them sharing MMOBUGS and said something about it. I can't imagine playing EQ without it and I am sure many people feel that way. I would say 25% MQ easily.

Ok, look at the forum's main page and at the bottom you will see some statistics about members. Currently there are 1,279 active members, that doesn't mean they are all subscribers or active eq players. This is a very small number of players and I would bet most of the people who use MQ2 get it here. There is a small percentage of people who compile it themselves or get it from another site. I just don't see it being as high as you think.

All of you people saying 70% are crazy, or just don't remember that there are people on your server that aren't in UF level raid guilds. I've been in guilds with a % that high before (Hi FNF,) but there's no way at all that overall usage levels are that high.

I would say no more than 20% and honestly I think it's probably more like 15% or even less.

Last edited:
There are 86 guilds that have beaten tower. Maybe 75 of those are still active. That is probably 4000 players right there. For every person in a tower+ guild, there are at LEAST two that aren't - so that's at least 12,000 players. I would be surprised if there aren't more like at least 18,000 active subs, but can't confirm that.

Fry's number, since it's based in part off mmo subscription data I'm sure, is probably a lot closer to accurate than anyone else's guess. So, that's 1-2000 of 12-18000 players at a minimum.

i know a lot of people who compile their own and do not use this website. so imo there are way more people out there using than people realize. a lot of people are using it that some dont even know about and then others using it that you probably wouldnt expect to be using it.

15-20% seems too low to me. i could be wrong and i have been wrong before, but that # just strikes me as awfully low.

and EQ does NOT have 12k active subs, much less 18k. i do not believe that for one second. try under 10k subs, much much less than 10k.

each server probably has 200-250 or so (give or take) -active- players playing on avg. id be willing to bet that even maelin has under 1000 active subs.

so there are what? 24 servers right now? or 25? by my math there would be roughly 6250 active subs, give or take. eq isnt exactly flourishing and in great shape right now, i thought that was obvious.

Last edited:
I find it fun to stand by the PoT stone and watch people chain zone. Going by the amount I see I am going to say its a nice amount!

And those are just the ones stupid enough to chain zone through Pok!

But seriously I would say 20% sounds about right to me.