I need help

Casey101

Reaction score
So, I am having an issue. I am unable to edit the many macros in my files. Some i can edit and open with notepad but most i cant. This is what im getting if i try to open mq2bot with notepad.

Attachments

• 2019-11-20.png
    2019-11-20.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 26
It looks like from what I can see that you are trying to open the bot dll file. That will be a whole lot of jibberish although that might be just the one you used for a example. Otherwise I have had to switch to wordpad a couple times and back to notepad when I open them in the past. Never did figure out why but it worked. if your ini files look like that I am afraid I can't help much but maybe later when more log in they can point ya in the right direction.

You should only be modifying .ini files (for .dll plugins) or .mac files (if you write your own macros). .DLL files are pre-compiled and not for mod.

Thank you. Then how can I edit mq2bot? Is there a download I’m missing? I remember back in the day I would download a file and then that file can be edited. I use to know how to do this it’s been years and I had a friend guide me through the process.

All the bot stuff is in your server ini folder. if toon was named babyyoda on cazic would be for example c then macroquest then cazic_babyyoda.ini and its in there. Also there used to be a bot.mac or still is that you would run then it would make a file for ya to edit so you might have had one similar to that also...a lot of people get bot.mac and the mq2bot confused i think bot.mac is bot40.mac now a days

Not the same sadly. Didn't realise when I made this acct here there was another Nytemyst. Can imagine my surprise when I started looking at stuff and it popped up everywhere lol

Pretty much all that's user edited these days for MQ2 MMOBugs are INI files used by plugins. And actual macro files (macroname.mac).