Hunt Macro with waypoints

supra297

Reaction score
I tried searching in this forum, but couldn't find any hunt macros that can use locs or waypoints.

Is there a simple hunt mac that can move to a loc and attack anything within a radius. Then move to the next loc and repeat?
Maybe utilize the MQ2AdvPath plugin's waypoint system.

------Update------
After much searching and toiling around macroquest forums, I finally wrote my own generic hunt with waypoints.
My macro utilizes MQ2Advpath and just runs along the recorded path untill something attacks it, it pauses the playback, attacks it, loots it, then resumes playback.

Pretty crude but it works for me. This way you can utilize different waypoints without having to go into the code itself. Just record a path with MQ2Advpath and play it while running this macro.

I also use a more detailed version of this to do multibox farming, just program a /bcaa target and assist lines into the attack subs and a clear target and follow lines into the resume sub. I also take out the loot include and run it on another toon while this macro runs on the main guy.

Depending on what zone your fighting in you might to increase the resume sub delays to allow for ample time to complete looting.

I tried using target distance scans to attack stuff when it comes into a certain distance but MQ2 lets you target things way out of view and then you make a b line into a wall or something when a mob is just over a barrier. The most efficient way was to just run into mobs and let them attack you, fulfilling the target.id requirement to start the fight sub.

This isnt a full AFK macro and is not intended to be, more like a run it and monitor it macro. Solo farming it works great, but when you start multiboxing with it things get wierd.

Maybe someone can help me solve the targeting issues so i dont have to use the "running into mobs" method.

Code:
#include ninjadvloot.inc
#turbo

Sub Main
/target clear
/call SetupAdvLootVars
:ForeverLoop
/if (${Target.ID} && !${Target.Type.Equal[corpse]}) {
    /echo Fighting
    /call Fight
}
/goto :ForeverLoop
/return

Sub Resume
   /echo waiting to loot
   /if (${Target.ID}) /call Fight
   /delay 1s
   /echo waiting 1
   /delay 1s
   /echo waiting 2
   /delay 1s
   /echo waiting 3
   /squelch /play unpause
   /echo moving
   /call Main
/return

Sub Fight
   /squelch /play pause
   /echo Fighting
   :fightloop
   /squelch /stick 10
   /face
   /attack
   /delay 2s
   /if (${Target.ID}) /goto :fightloop
   /if (!${Target.ID}) {
        /call Lootmobs
	/call Resume
}
/return

Last edited:
That's like taking a ferrari to the grocery store.

You can do a far simpler version.

I wrote one that did exactly what hes looking for, but then i changed it to be a specific camp macro that just does that 1 camp really well. i dont have the old copy. and i dont feel like sharing the camp specfic one publicly or it outs my spot!

the bot macro probably wont work on emu, which has also has a serious stick issue. Just ask Dev :)

Ya, im not feeling like writing it out. You need a list of locs, a radius search, and then to cycle the list of locs and /moveto them if no mobs are up in the radius search. It's really not that long of a macro to write.

But then you have to add in checks when you realize that it does stuff you dont want or targets wrong mobs or mobs that someone else is killing. And that gets longer.

Pete's bot doesn't work with emu's right? I REALLY wanted to use but couldn't-assumed it was for use with more recent UI's(THF EmU uses Underfoot, Titanium clients).

If you manually created the INI, and used assist type = 1 or 4 and played the assist pc.. you might be able to. never touched an emu, so i dont know for sure. im sure modbot and what not work on those old ones. or at least older versions of them do. never used any other bot macs though so i cant say for certain on those either. and, sorry for the derail of topic.

Ya, so i was the fool here, I didn't even read that it was posted in Emulator

There was one posted on the MQ2 forums. Think it was called farming.mac , farming.ini and farming.inc. It had its own movement code and was a bit of a pain to get working well.

Pete's macros do work on Emu's as long as they have extended target.

Scratch that I cant' seem to get it working.

No such 'math' member 'Max'

I swear I had it working before.