how to tell if sitting and how to tell if rez effects are present

mb4xy3

Reaction score
I die...a lot. That's ok, my war just isn't beefy enough yet.

But, when I die, I have some downshits that become real annoying.

1) I cast aura's when endurance is > 1%. I want to add a check that verifies i'm not sitting. This way, I can get rezzed and sit and not have to worry that my guy is standing up to cast aura's.

2) Rez effects - when my endurance gets real low, I auto cast endurance boosters like the wind / respite lines. I'd like nto not cast these when rez effects are present. Basically, I die, I have the death buff, but I cast endurance booster just to get rezz'd and go back to 0 endurance again.

${Me.Standing} and ${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID} are probably where you want to start

${Me.Standing} and ${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID} are probably where you want to start

Works great, thanks! No more "click sit, stand, click sit, stand" etc.

I even put my characters on auto sit when not in combat, then I realized that was a bad idea as they sit...all...the...time. I'll have to think of some logical situations to have them auto sit to conserve mana / endurance besides "if in group and not in combat, then sit". Running all my toons to Franklin Teek was interesting to watch lol, and was the exact point in time I turned that off.

Maybe if I do "not in combat, in group, and awaiting combat cooldown, then sit". That, in theory would mean I just got done with a fight, and waiting the 30 second cooldown period (or 3? minutes in a raid, which I would never be in with my boxed group unless doing old stuff alone).

So, next question, how can I check that I'm out of combat, but waiting that cooldown period?

That's all over the place. I was going to post it, but it was just easier to simply answer the question. ;)

htw

Works great, thanks! No more "click sit, stand, click sit, stand" etc.

I even put my characters on auto sit when not in combat, then I realized that was a bad idea as they sit...all...the...time. I'll have to think of some logical situations to have them auto sit to conserve mana / endurance besides "if in group and not in combat, then sit". Running all my toons to Franklin Teek was interesting to watch lol, and was the exact point in time I turned that off.

Maybe if I do "not in combat, in group, and awaiting combat cooldown, then sit". That, in theory would mean I just got done with a fight, and waiting the 30 second cooldown period (or 3? minutes in a raid, which I would never be in with my boxed group unless doing old stuff alone).

So, next question, how can I check that I'm out of combat, but waiting that cooldown period?

You could also check for an XTarget to make sure your group doesn't have aggro. You could couple that with a distance check so you don't stand the second you have an XTarget, but rather if you have an XTarget and the targets distance is less than some value, then stand. I have similar checks for my pull.mac to check distance from camp using the distance formula. I'm not sure how indepth you were trying to get with your checks.

Code:
/if (!${XTarget[1].ID} && ${Me.Standing}) {
    /sit
}

for example.

If your group has aggro at all XTarget[1].ID is the only relevant one, because if you have more than one they just go up in the array, kill #1 and #2 becomes #1. This is also a good way to check for adds, IE: if XTarget[2].ID then you have an add. You could check for XTarget[1].ID, then if true /target XTarget[1], then if Target.Distance < somevalue, /stand.

Also, when your zerker auto attacks and sticks to targets
Code:
/if (!${XTarget[1].ID}) {
    /if (${Math.Distance[${Me.Y}, ${Me.X}, ${Me.Z}: ${CampY}, ${CampX}, ${CampZ}]} > 30) {
        /moveto loc ${CampY} ${CampX} ${CampZ}
    } else /if (${Me.Standing}) /sit
}

Where CampY, CampX, CampZ is location for your character to return to. This is part of my pull.mac in a way and what is used to return a character whom has gone to get a target to pull using moveutils, alternately you could use MQ2Nav with

Code:
/nav loc ${CampY} ${CampX} ${CampZ}

Again, this is part of a macro and the Camp variables are declared, and defined when the macro is turned on. To do this without a macro you would have this check implemented as a downshit and it would hit a hotkey that did the /moveto or /nav command, then you could alter the camp location manually in the social using /loc to get the location of the camp, fill in the blanks, then have the downshit /keypress # where # is the key associated with the hotkey.

Macroquest makes it pretty easy to automate more things than most people realize, it's just a matter of knowing the syntax.

Last edited:
Is there a spell book open ?

Keeps standing at wrong moment when memming a buff/dd.

I've done with ${Me.Sitting} but sometimes that ignored spellbook open. Guess I could use fastmem...

Is there a spell book open ?

Keeps standing at wrong moment when memming a buff/dd.

I've done with ${Me.Sitting} but sometimes that ignored spellbook open. Guess I could use fastmem...

Try the following

Is it open

Code:
${Window[SpellBookWnd].Open}

is it closed
Code:
!${Window[SpellBookWnd].Open}

More information in the below link.
***DataType:window*** - MacroQuest Wiki

Window names can be found in the UIFiles folder in your everquest directory minus the EQUI_ portion.

Last edited: