How to equip new Hero Forged armor drops

Mspudd14

Reaction score
The time spent on such a useless perk has me shaking my head but they idiotically also made the items dropable so I've about 30 slots full of shit i cant seem to give away in the bazzar so I tried to equip and failed! Every attempt I've made to equip the window dressing only opens the store which wants to sell me shit I dont need or want...

Anyone able to tell me how to equip this window dressing that I had drop in my normal grindage w/o having to pay more than my monthly renewal fee?

The time spent on such a useless perk has me shaking my head but they idiotically also made the items dropable so I've about 30 slots full of shit i cant seem to give away in the bazzar so I tried to equip and failed! Every attempt I've made to equip the window dressing only opens the store which wants to sell me shit I dont need or want...

Anyone able to tell me how to equip this window dressing that I had drop in my normal grindage w/o having to pay more than my monthly renewal fee?

Can't, you just have to buy it in marketplace for 1200 SC per character.

1200 sc to make a toon look like crap

I like some of the sets, don't know about you but I'm just sick of the same armor graphics for years. Hopefully they can make some better looking sets in the future. Some of the current sets look alright on some races. I do like the plate on dark elf.

If they toned down some of the shininess, and debulked it, I think it would actually be very respectable. I have bloodforged on my SK, and minus the helmet, I think it looks decent. Helmet makes me look like I have a KKK hood on. Mage is wearing valiant minus the arms (by choice), and I think it looks pretty awesome personally.

A lot of it, heck most of it, looks friggin' lame. "Debulking" it would be a good start. Most pieces, especially chest, remind me of that little kid on the Christmas Story after his mom wraps him up with sweaters, coats and head scarfs to send him out into the cold! I'm gonna pay money to look that lame??

IMO, this doesn't look too bulky, nor does it look bad. This is what my mage is currently rocking.

EDIT: Added in the SK as well. This is where reduced shiny and debulking would be nice. Otherwise, I think it looks fairly decent. Shaman on the other hand in the chain I think looks pretty banging.

Attachments

• EQ000008.jpg
    EQ000008.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 52
  • EQ000009.jpg
    EQ000009.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 52
  • EQ000011.jpg
    EQ000011.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Sorry, it looks like shit on all the characters I've previewed it on. I only unlocked it on one account just to see and even drowning in SC, I'd really rather have my 1200 SC back. I believe EQ's art team are completely and utterly devoid of the creative talent needed to make helms that don't look like a roadkill and dog shit casserole.

This is my Half Elf Warrior in the default set. Now before you say "the other sets look better", she's in full Noble now and still....it looks like shit. Or rather, shit with filigree on it. The main problem I have with them is they're pretty much asexual. The male sets have such puffed out chests and the female sets have such toned down/reduced chestplates that you can barely tell them apart. When I think of 'new armor graphics' that didn't suck, I hearken back to Velious where the armor fit the model and the model's gender. Royal Velium frosted looked different from Warlord's (if only slightly) and they both looked different on male toons than they did on female toons (markedly so).

Mspudd, if you can't get rid of them via the bazaar, there's always that super handy delete key. That's what I've been doing. This stuff has been dropping for me more than defiant!

Attachments

• fuh.jpg
    fuh.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 53
  • fuhd.jpg
    fuhd.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 44
Rem, the helm looks like a piranha tried to eat your toon's head and got stuck there.

Sorry, it looks like shit on all the characters I've previewed it on. I only unlocked it on one account just to see and even drowning in SC, I'd really rather have my 1200 SC back. I believe EQ's art team are completely and utterly devoid of the creative talent needed to make helms that don't look like a roadkill and dog shit casserole.

This is my Half Elf Warrior in the default set. Now before you say "the other sets look better", she's in full Noble now and still....it looks like shit. Or rather, shit with filigree on it. The main problem I have with them is they're pretty much asexual. The male sets have such puffed out chests and the female sets have such toned down/reduced chestplates that you can barely tell them apart. When I think of 'new armor graphics' that didn't suck, I hearken back to Velious where the armor fit the model and the model's gender. Royal Velium frosted looked different from Warlord's (if only slightly) and they both looked different on male toons than they did on female toons (markedly so).

Mspudd, if you can't get rid of them via the bazaar, there's always that super handy delete key. That's what I've been doing. This stuff has been dropping for me more than defiant!

On the other hand, most real, traditional armor was fairly asexual. Only like, royalty could afford custom cut stuff like that.

On the other hand, most real, traditional armor was fairly asexual. Only like, royalty could afford custom cut stuff like that.

In that vein, if my god-slaying, planes-walking, time-traveling, alien-slaughtering toon can't afford "custom cut stuff like that", I'd really like to know who can.

Aye I was a bit intoxicated when I first posted this but since the drops were basically dropping like flies my intentions were to put on rarely used alts so it wasnt a total waste but seems only store bought can be equipped so I have followed Remianen's suggestion and deleted all but legs and chest just in case they can be equipped later on...

I've not seen any cloth drops but while I do admit the graphics of those who have purchased are distinctive they are bulky and unattractive for the most part. Since I was drowning in them from drops I've gotten I was going to equip but honestly I'd rather focus be on new content, new lvls, new aa... graphics are basically e-penis and only that if rare. So basically grats SoE on wasting hours and thousands of dollars to "church up" graphics and making them so readily available that they are no more unique than any other drops in game!

12 euro per char no they can make it 12 euro per account like this i can take it )

A lot of it, heck most of it, looks friggin' lame. "Debulking" it would be a good start. Most pieces, especially chest, remind me of that little kid on the Christmas Story after his mom wraps him up with sweaters, coats and head scarfs to send him out into the cold! I'm gonna pay money to look that lame??

The shit looks ridiculous and i too will not pay anymore money to look like a inflated umpa loompa

Yeah, but we're not talking reality. We're talking fantasy RPG, the bastion of the chainmail bikini. Look at female human monk in the default leather graphic. They're wearing what is essentially a halter top and they can still take a ton of damage (in some cases, more than a chain wearing ranger/berserker/rogue). Yes, agility and all that, but that armor should have them bleeding from all the near misses, glancing blows, and nicks.

I don't want reality intruding on my fantasy games. In reality, wearing a closed breastplate like that would lead to ridiculous amounts of chafing in the boob area, no matter how much padding is used (you can't pad your way out of friction). Women complain about "cheap" underwire bras cutting them (usually under the arm where the wire breaks through the cheap cloth), imagine how much cutting would go on with handmade/forged steel covering that area.

But yeah, as NightGod pointed out, our characters have killed gods, raided their home planes, and beaten challenges the gods themselves haven't been able to. I kinda think we're entitled to the highest end, best looking, and most intricately crafted armor. Heck, most of the stuff we get now from minions of lesser powers is better than the stuff we ripped from the gods' hands. How good is the bow you took off of Tallon Zek's smoldering corpse nowadays?

I don't want reality intruding on my fantasy games. In reality, wearing a closed breastplate like that would lead to ridiculous amounts of chafing in the boob area, no matter how much padding is used (you can't pad your way out of friction). Women complain about "cheap" underwire bras cutting them (usually under the arm where the wire breaks through the cheap cloth), imagine how much cutting would go on with handmade/forged steel covering that area.

Reality of chain mail bikini's without a leather bra on.... You wanna talk about chaffing? *tear*

Reality of chain mail bikini's without a leather bra on.... You wanna talk about chaffing? *tear*

EXACTLY!

Get yer reality outta mah MMOs! :p

People are gonna hate me for this (the time wasting potential is LIMITLESS), but, yeah, Chainmail bikini FTW!