How to automate a clicky every x seconds

mb4xy3

Reaction score
I 3 box, but I basically play them all the time. I like swapping between characters and playing them opposed to having MQ2 do it all for me...minus skills like kick and taunt, love that.

I have my Monk 1.0 now, and I'd like to automate the click of the gauntlets so I always have that sweet haste up.

I don't have the slightest idea on where to start or how to do this. Is it a buff? Is it a --insert form of up, down, left, right, shit thing here-- I have to code?

Ultimately, I'd like it to fire off like my flying kick does when it's available. But, i'm more than happy to change my attack to be a macro which is basically /attack on, /macro clicky.

then, have a button to stop the macro clicky.

As with most things there are a ton of ways to do what you want. All have their strong / weak points.

You could drag the item from your UI to a hotkey and press it there.

You could run a very simple macro that checks to see if you have the buff and casts the item.

You could take the same line as the macro and write it as a "Holyshit" or "Downshit" and have MQ2Melee execute it.

I believe there are a few "clickly maintance" type macros available for download.

In fact the macro that you asked about skilling up could be used to click the gauntlets.

I 3 box, but I basically play them all the time. I like swapping between characters and playing them opposed to having MQ2 do it all for me...minus skills like kick and taunt, love that.

I have my Monk 1.0 now, and I'd like to automate the click of the gauntlets so I always have that sweet haste up.

I don't have the slightest idea on where to start or how to do this. Is it a buff? Is it a --insert form of up, down, left, right, shit thing here-- I have to code?

Ultimately, I'd like it to fire off like my flying kick does when it's available. But, i'm more than happy to change my attack to be a macro which is basically /attack on, /macro clicky.

You sir are looking for a Holyshit (if clicky is for combat) or downshit (if clicky is something you want to keep up during downtimes).

Code for clicking an item.
holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<99 && ${Cast.Ready[The Lady's Entreaty]}) && !${Target.Buff[Echo of Tashan].ID} /casting "The Lady's Entreaty" |item

So the above code says, if the target isn't at full health, and the cast timer on the item is ready, and you DONT have the buff Echo of Tashan then /casting "theitemnamehere" |item

So bottom line for casting the item, /casting "ITEM NAME IN QUOTATIONS" |item

So the conditions for casting it are up to you. The above code for holyflag0=1 means to turn on the holyshit0, then the following lines are conditions to do the command, if all the conditions are true, do the command. /if (true) /casting "spell" |item

So if you ALWAYS want to use your clicky, anytime it's ready while in combat

holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Cast.Ready[ITEM NAME HERE]}) /casting "ITEM NAME HERE" |item

The holyflag/holyshit is entirely dependent on the plugin MQ2Melee being loaded and on. You aren't required to use any other portion of the plugin, but some things are on by default and their values will require changes.

If you also have a clicky buff that you want to cast anytime it's available while you are NOT in combat you can do the same thing, but with

downflag0=1
downshit0=/if (${Cast.Ready[ITEM NAME HERE]})

This code will go in your INI for your character located in the Macroquest directory. I'll include some example code from a Berserker that I wrote to give you ideas of some conditions that you could consider.

Code:
holyshit0=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Self Preservation]} && ${Me.PctHPs}<=15) /multiline ; /keypress Esc ; /timed 1 ; /casting "Self Preservation"
holyshit2=/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Frenzy]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /doability Frenzy
holyshit3=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Savage Volley]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Savage Volley
holyshit4=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Axe of Graster]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Axe of Graster
holyshit5=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Vigerous Axe Throw]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Vigerous Axe Throw
holyshit6=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Rampage]} && ${SpawnCount[NPC Radius 50]}>1 && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /casting "Rampage"
holyshit7=/if (${Target.Fleeing} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Tendon Lacerate]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1 && ${FindItemCount[Axe of the Savage]}>1) /disc Tendon Lacerate
holyshit8=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Cry Havoc]} && !${Me.Song[Cry Havoc].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Cry Havoc
holyshit9=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Battle Cry of the Mastrung]} && !${Me.Song[Battle Cry of the Mastrung].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Battle Cry of the Mastrung
holyshit10=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Reprieve]} && !${Me.Song[Reprieve].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance}<21) /disc Reprieve
holyshit11=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Fighting Frenzy]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Fighting Frenzy
holyshit12=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Shared Brutality]} && !${Me.Song[Reflected Brutality].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Shared Brutality
holyshit13=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Conquering Frenzy]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Conquering Frenzy
holyshit14=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Berserking Discipline]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1 && !${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}) /disc Berserking Discipline
holyshit15=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Cleaving Acrimony Discipline]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1 && !${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}) /disc Cleaving Acrimony Discipline
holyshit16=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Battle Leap]}) /casting "Battle Leap"
holyshit17=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Vehement Rage]} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} != ${Me.ID}) /casting "Vehement Rage"
holyshit18=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Silent Strikes]} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} == ${Me.ID} && !${Group.Member[2].ID} && !${Mercenary.ID}) /multiline ; /casting "Silent Strikes" ; /timed 1 ; /casting "Distraction Attack"
holyshit19=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Blinding Fury]}) /casting "Blinding Fury"
holyshit20=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Desperation]} && ${Target.Named}) /casting "Desperation"
holyshit21=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Juggernaut Surge]} && ${Target.Named}) /casting "Juggernaut Surge"
holyshit22=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Reckless Abandon]} && ${Target.Named} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} != ${Me.ID} && ${Me.CurrentHPs} > 15000) /casting "Reckless Abandon"
holyshit23=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Savage Spirit]} && ${Target.Named} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} != ${Me.ID} && ${Me.PctHPs} > 65) /casting "Savage Spirit"
holyshit24=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Uncanny Resilience]} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} == ${Me.ID} && (${Me.PctHPs} < 50 || ${Target.Named})) /casting "Uncanny Resilience"
holyshit25=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Untamed Rage]} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} != ${Me.ID} && ${Me.CurrentHPs} > 50000) /casting "Untamed Rage"
downshit0=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Bloodlust Aura]} && !${Me.Song[Bloodlust Aura].ID} && !${Me.Aura.Equal[Bloodlust Aura]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Bloodlust Aura

If you modify the INI while you are in the game be sure and type /melee load to load the changes
Just typing /melee will show you a list of settings available.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Very nice intro Chatwiththisname. There is also an extensive list of shits posted somewhere on the forums. I've found most folks are over whelmed when it comes to working with them and find a simple macro an easier place to start.

You sir are looking for a Holyshit (if clicky is for combat) or downshit (if clicky is something you want to keep up during downtimes).

Code for clicking an item.
holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<99 && ${Cast.Ready[The Lady's Entreaty]}) && !${Target.Buff[Echo of Tashan].ID} /casting "The Lady's Entreaty" |item

So the above code says, if the target isn't at full health, and the cast timer on the item is ready, and you DONT have the buff Echo of Tashan then /casting "theitemnamehere" |item

So bottom line for casting the item, /casting "ITEM NAME IN QUOTATIONS" |item

So the conditions for casting it are up to you. The above code for holyflag0=1 means to turn on the holyshit0, then the following lines are conditions to do the command, if all the conditions are true, do the command. /if (true) /casting "spell" |item

So if you ALWAYS want to use your clicky, anytime it's ready while in combat

holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Cast.Ready[ITEM NAME HERE]}) /casting "ITEM NAME HERE" |item

The holyflag/holyshit is entirely dependent on the plugin MQ2Melee being loaded and on. You aren't required to use any other portion of the plugin, but some things are on by default and their values will require changes.

If you also have a clicky buff that you want to cast anytime it's available while you are NOT in combat you can do the same thing, but with

downflag0=1
downshit0=/if (${Cast.Ready[ITEM NAME HERE]})

This code will go in your INI for your character located in the Macroquest directory. I'll include some example code from a Berserker that I wrote to give you ideas of some conditions that you could consider.

Code:
holyshit0=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Self Preservation]} && ${Me.PctHPs}<=15) /multiline ; /keypress Esc ; /timed 1 ; /casting "Self Preservation"
holyshit2=/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Frenzy]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /doability Frenzy
holyshit3=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Savage Volley]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Savage Volley
holyshit4=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Axe of Graster]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Axe of Graster
holyshit5=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Vigerous Axe Throw]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Vigerous Axe Throw
holyshit6=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Rampage]} && ${SpawnCount[NPC Radius 50]}>1 && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /casting "Rampage"
holyshit7=/if (${Target.Fleeing} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Tendon Lacerate]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1 && ${FindItemCount[Axe of the Savage]}>1) /disc Tendon Lacerate
holyshit8=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Cry Havoc]} && !${Me.Song[Cry Havoc].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Cry Havoc
holyshit9=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Battle Cry of the Mastrung]} && !${Me.Song[Battle Cry of the Mastrung].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Battle Cry of the Mastrung
holyshit10=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Reprieve]} && !${Me.Song[Reprieve].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance}<21) /disc Reprieve
holyshit11=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Fighting Frenzy]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Fighting Frenzy
holyshit12=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Shared Brutality]} && !${Me.Song[Reflected Brutality].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Shared Brutality
holyshit13=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Conquering Frenzy]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Conquering Frenzy
holyshit14=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Berserking Discipline]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1 && !${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}) /disc Berserking Discipline
holyshit15=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Cleaving Acrimony Discipline]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1 && !${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}) /disc Cleaving Acrimony Discipline
holyshit16=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Battle Leap]}) /casting "Battle Leap"
holyshit17=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Vehement Rage]} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} != ${Me.ID}) /casting "Vehement Rage"
holyshit18=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Silent Strikes]} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} == ${Me.ID} && !${Group.Member[2].ID} && !${Mercenary.ID}) /multiline ; /casting "Silent Strikes" ; /timed 1 ; /casting "Distraction Attack"
holyshit19=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Blinding Fury]}) /casting "Blinding Fury"
holyshit20=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Desperation]} && ${Target.Named}) /casting "Desperation"
holyshit21=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Juggernaut Surge]} && ${Target.Named}) /casting "Juggernaut Surge"
holyshit22=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Reckless Abandon]} && ${Target.Named} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} != ${Me.ID} && ${Me.CurrentHPs} > 15000) /casting "Reckless Abandon"
holyshit23=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Savage Spirit]} && ${Target.Named} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} != ${Me.ID} && ${Me.PctHPs} > 65) /casting "Savage Spirit"
holyshit24=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Uncanny Resilience]} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} == ${Me.ID} && (${Me.PctHPs} < 50 || ${Target.Named})) /casting "Uncanny Resilience"
holyshit25=/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Untamed Rage]} && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} != ${Me.ID} && ${Me.CurrentHPs} > 50000) /casting "Untamed Rage"
downshit0=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Bloodlust Aura]} && !${Me.Song[Bloodlust Aura].ID} && !${Me.Aura.Equal[Bloodlust Aura]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1) /disc Bloodlust Aura

If you modify the INI while you are in the game be sure and type /melee load to load the changes
Just typing /melee will show you a list of settings available.

Hope this helps.

holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Cast.Ready[Celestial Fists]}) /casting "Celestial Fists" |item

Is that what i'm looking for?

If in combat, click Celestial Fists whenever the spell Celestial Tranquility wears off (which is the spell/song it gives me when I click the gauntlets).

In fact the macro that you asked about skilling up could be used to click the gauntlets.

I thought the exact same thing, and I may go that route also, I just don't like the fact I have to end the macro by a click. It's great or afk skills.

holyflag0=1

If in combat, click Celestial Fists whenever the spell Celestial Tranquility wears off (which is the spell/song it gives me when I click the gauntlets).

That should certainly work. Some additional checking may be needed depending on situations that you are looking for. For instance, you may only want to use it on Named creatures. Or you might want to make sure you have the item in your inventory (reference Axe of Savage item search > 1) Because if it isn't in your inventory you'll just get spammed with a message about it not being there to click, or something to that effect. You may want to check that the creature isn't full health, IE: target hps below 99% or to see if the health is above a certain amount so you don't waste the cast on something that is nearly dead. The code customization can be tailored to your situation, and adjusted based on changing desires/needs.

But that doesn't check if the buff is gone. Which you would only need to add to your /if (TRUE) statement if the buff lasts longer than the recast timer (unlikely, but applies to insta clicky items). Which if it shows up in Songs box (short duration box box)
Code:
!${Me.Song[Celestial Tranquility].ID}
The ! is the NOT operator and should precede the $. So if I don't have Celestial Tranquility's ID in my song box is what that is saying.

To do multiple checks in an if statement, you need to contain all conditions within the (TRUE) box. To do this you can say if (TRUE1 && TRUE2) if you condition 1 AND condition 2 to be true before if will execute the code. If your results are (TRUE && FALSE) it won't work. If you want something to fire if one of two conditions is met (TRUE || TRUE) is the code you are looking for. Typically the | character is on the \ slash key above enter key, next to backspace (not to be confused with the typically used / slow next to the right shift key. So I can say
Code:
/if (${Target.PctHps} > 65 && ${Target.Named}) /GoHamOnIt

But if I want to do something if either condition is met I can say
Code:
/if ((${Me.AbilityReady[Feign Death]} && ${Me.PctHps} < 30) || (${Me.PctHps} <30 && ${Target.AggroHolder.ID} == ${Me.ID})) /doability Feign Death

With && you can make sure more than one thing is true before using it. With or you can check multiple situations where you might need to use the same spell/ability/item etc.

So typically you'll use &&, but in some cases you'll use ||.

Don't let a lack of understanding hold you back. Learning the Syntax of the language is the hardest part of making your own macros or holyshits/downshits. For the same code you use for the Clicky on the gloves you can apply to your clicky items but make those downflag0=1 and downshit0=/if (my item is ready && I don't already have the buff) /casting "itemsname" |item

Last edited:
holyflag0=1

That should certainly work. Some additional checking may be needed depending on situations that you are looking for. For instance, you may only want to use it on Named creatures. Or you might want to make sure you have the item in your inventory (reference Axe of Savage item search > 1) Because if it isn't in your inventory you'll just get spammed with a message about it not being there to click, or something to that effect. You may want to check that the creature isn't full health, IE: target hps below 99% or to see if the health is above a certain amount so you don't waste the cast on something that is nearly dead. The code customization can be tailored to your situation, and adjusted based on changing desires/needs.

But that doesn't check if the buff is gone. Which you would only need to add to your /if (TRUE) statement if the buff lasts longer than the recast timer (unlikely, but applies to insta clicky items)

I actually found the exact line I was looking for for the monk holyshit command of epic gloves. But, i'm struggling to find the instructions on where to actually type this command, or, what file to actually copy it into:

holyshit0=/if (!${Me.Buff[Celestial Tranquility].ID} && ${Spell[Celestial Tranquility].Stacks} && ${Me.FreeBuffSlots}>=1) /casting 10652|hands

I am a developer myself, so I completely understand everything this is doing, but I just don't know where to put the code!

I have many ideas after I get this first one going, which will sort of work as a test. Like, wizard burn holyshit (if below 60, nuke till dead) and stuff like that.

holyflag0=1

But that doesn't check if the buff is gone. Which you would only need to add to your /if (TRUE) statement if the buff lasts longer than the recast timer (unlikely, but applies to insta clicky items)

I actually found the exact line I was looking for for the monk holyshit command of epic gloves. But, i'm struggling to find the instructions on where to actually type this command, or, what file to actually copy it into:

holyshit0=/if (!${Me.Buff[Celestial Tranquility].ID} && ${Spell[Celestial Tranquility].Stacks} && ${Me.FreeBuffSlots}>=1) /casting 10652|hands

I am a developer myself, so I completely understand everything this is doing, but I just don't know where to put the code!

I have many ideas after I get this first one going, which will sort of work as a test. Like, wizard burn holyshit (if below 60, nuke till dead) and stuff like that.

C:\MacroQuest2 folder. Find the .ini file labeled server_character.ini

Inside this file find [MQ2Melee] and then you place the code under that box. Then in game (if it is running) type /melee load

If not running the MQ2/Game it should use what's in the file when the game and MQ2 is turned on.

holyflag0=1

I was hesitant about linking you the TLO helper. But since you've said you're a developer. Here is a key piece of information that you'll be thankful exists for as long as you use MQ2. ****TLO builder****

holyflag0=1

I was hesitant about linking you the TLO helper. But since you've said you're a developer. Here is a key piece of information that you'll be thankful exists for as long as you use MQ2. ****TLO builder****

That is pretty funny as my first though was "man, I should develop something to automate the code writing", then I see this!