How safe is mq2melee?

huntn4it

Reaction score
I resubbed to EQ and mmobugs recently, and read up on the new, more active approach Sony is taking towards anti-cheating. With that in mind, I decided not to use any active hacks and to just go with the map this go-round. So I'm doing my thing, playing my cleric, when I see yaulp going off on it's own. After searching I found out it was mq2melee doing it, which must have come enabled in the default compile from mmobugs.

I doubt it would be enabled in the default compile if there were serious risks to it (like warp/zone/etc), but I figured I'd ask anyways. So how risky is mq2melee? I currently have it disabled until I have an answer.

Thanks

I have never stopped using MQ2Melee on my accounts, before, during or after the banning's if that helps.

I dont think there is anything melee does that couldnt be done with a hotkey chain and a G15. Which is completely legal so I wouldnt imagine they would even try to target something like that.

Only thing I've ever heard that could get you in trouble is the "stick" option of it. I've heard of GMs warping a toons back a couple feet to see if they all run back.

The "stick" option is within MQ2MoveUtils, it just happens MQ2Melee will issue the /stick command for you.

The "stick" option is within MQ2MoveUtils, it just happens MQ2Melee will issue the /stick command for you.

So MQ2MoveUtils is bad? I'm struggling with the definition of "active" hacks I guess, because something that automatically activates abilities (like mq2melee and mq2cast) seems pretty active to me. Trying to feel my way through this. Thanks again to everyone for the answers.

The only active hacks I'd like to use for my two-box are:

mq2melee
mq2cast
mq2moveutils

I would not call

mq2melee
mq2cast
mq2moveutils

active hacks. They are not something detectable from log files. If someone is watching you long enough when your using MQ2MoveUtils sticking, it can be noticeable.

Truthfully in all my years of doing this, I have never heard of anyone tell me they were suspended for using /stick.

I would not call

mq2melee
mq2cast
mq2moveutils

active hacks. They are not something detectable from log files. If someone is watching you long enough when your using MQ2MoveUtils sticking, it can be noticeable.

Truthfully in all my years of doing this, I have never heard of anyone tell me they were suspended for using /stick.

Roger that, thanks again.