How do I dungeon crawl?

Dabrixmgp

Reaction score
Really enjoying my Warrior, Shaman, Bard, and Triple Zerker group. Was wondering how I can dungeon crawl with them. Is there a way to keep them following my Warrior without having to hit my /follow macro everytime we enter combat with something. I came across Moveutils last night before bed but havent had a chance to try it yet. That looks really great for an established camp cause of the /makecamp command but still dont see anything that will have my bots autofollow my main after combat ends.

Years ago, I tried to use AdvPath. I'd have the lead/scout toon save his path to a file and then load it into the following toons. In theory they should have followed the exact same path when I gave them the order to move up. But for some reasons I don't recall anymore it did not work as expected. But this was a long time back and maybe the code works better today. I thought it was the ideal solution since much like a military squad, I'd send up the scout to check the lay of the land and then the rest of the "squad" would follow in the exact same footsteps.

AdvPath's follow is pretty good. Every frame it looks at where the lead person is and if they have moved a certain amount or changed direction enough it adds a point to the path, then it tries to move to the next point on the path. Using it you can have your characters move around corners. They can still get stuck if you turn to tightly around a wall, or if your short and there is a ridge.

There is nothing and MQ2AdvPath to automatically keep following you like they are on a leash. For that you would need something in whatever bot macro/plugin you are using.

There was a discussion a couple days ago about getting MQ2Bot or bot.mac to 'auto follow' after combat but I don't remember the specifics.

I do this with the built in follow commands in bot40.mac. I do an announce via EQBC and those bitches go anywhere I tell them to...