HoT WTF

Player Housing is introducing code into the game that will allow Player Created Content in the future.

So basically its stealing the "Second Life" element of player created shit.

Every MMO steals from other MMOs now. But, the Player Created Content will be more towards created tasks and missions, rather than skins and such.

The first post or earlier post in this thread stated that player made furnature and other things via tradeskills.

I do not see how that relates to player created missions.

As for stealing from other games.... When you create a new one sure. Do not fuck up old games by trying to be like new games.

EQ was EQ because it was EQ. Original.

The Player Created Content was something talked about at Fan Faire. I doubt you'll see any writeups about it anywhere. I was talking to Absor about it off panel, just hanging out. He's not happy with the way the Housing System works at all. He wanted housing to be in static zones and "looting" to be possible. He's not a fan of the instanced neighborhoods, but he was excited that player driven content was going to be an option soon (tm).

Looting would have been an interesting aspect bringing guild wars to a whole new level...I personally can think of one guild I wouldn't mind raiding...

It's 73 plots per instance of the housing zone. There's lots of instances.

Think of it like a guild hall. They are all the same, but they are alll specific to a guild. You won't have any trouble getting property, as there will be as many instances as are needed.

wtf i farmed and waited for that fabled lord inquisitor and now everyone gets the graphic...LAMESAUCE

anyone able to say or not that if in the player housing does sony allow for parse dummies or they decide to not put them in again?

anyone able to say or not that if in the player housing does sony allow for parse dummies or they decide to not put them in again?

No parse dummies in housing yet, but it's not out of the question.

As for stealing from other games.... When you create a new one sure. Do not fuck up old games by trying to be like new games.

EQ was EQ because it was EQ. Original.

/agree JJ!! :D

Housing wow...kill me already.

Amen....That's what I said at first, but as this post goes on and I get more information, I'm thinking this might not be so bad. To me, it's gonna depend on whether or not the housing takes away from the social aspect of the game or not, i guess. That, and raiding, or more so, the hardest group contents of the game, where mayhem is inevitable, are what I really enjoy about the game in teh first place.

I want to know that if the housing is guild-based, if I can lock out all the other guild members and make it so only myself and/or my alts can get into the house. If I want to do shady shit in there (even assuming its possible) I'd like to without fear of a guildie rolling up and fuckin anything up.

Was it eq2 that actually gave you bonuses depending on what equipment you had on display in your house? I liked that idea.

I want to know that if the housing is guild-based, if I can lock out all the other guild members and make it so only myself and/or my alts can get into the house. If I want to do shady shit in there (even assuming its possible) I'd like to without fear of a guildie rolling up and fuckin anything up.

Yes, there are alot of options as to who is and isn't allowed in your house.

Was it eq2 that actually gave you bonuses depending on what equipment you had on display in your house? I liked that idea.

Yes. Well, you had your upkeep costs which may or may not have included status. Status was like an "alternate currency" that you used for guild or personal related things like titles, larger housing, and housing items. Most of the housing items reduced the monthly status. When I last played, people used nothing but dragon statues that players could make to reduce their upkeep status down to 0.

Also, status helped with the individual archetype guilds (Fighter, Scout, Mage, Priest) whether in Freeport or Qeynos.

There were also items that gave you specific bonuses if you used them. Temporary buffs for an hour or two. Don't remember using them frequently as they had a shitty recast timer (hours or even a day, like the gong).

I can't wait to see the whine-fest when I lock everyone out.

I'm curious though... it'd be neat if you could let toons across guilds into your house. For example, I raid with one guild, so I have a couple toons with that tag, but all my boxing alts are in a separate alt guild. Ideally, I'd love the option to get them all in one place to buff and shit before I actually have to run off. I wonder if that'll be supported.

here is some info cut and pasted from beta forums

In order to restrict access to a plot and its contained real estates, the specific players may be placed into access groups and those access groups may be assigned access capabilities. The following access groups can have players assigned to them:

* Everyone: This group contains everyone not specifically in another group.
* Visitor
* Friend
* Trustee
* Owner: This group only ever has the original purchaser in it.

here is some info cut and pasted from beta forums

In order to restrict access to a plot and its contained real estates, the specific players may be placed into access groups and those access groups may be assigned access capabilities. The following access groups can have players assigned to them:

* Everyone: This group contains everyone not specifically in another group.
* Visitor
* Friend
* Trustee
* Owner: This group only ever has the original purchaser in it.

EQ2 point for point. Not surprising.

So it's possible to include everyone regardless of guild affiliation as trustees if you wish them to have access to all your stuff. Interesting. Anyone know if they're thinkin about putting banking capabilities in particular areas/houses/plots?

Also... what's the size we're talking about and maybe prices right now. I'm a little worried it's going to just be another of many worthless plat sinks where it'll cost millions upon millions for even a mediocre spread. I want a fuckin castle.

Also... what's the size we're talking about and maybe prices right now. I'm a little worried it's going to just be another of many worthless plat sinks where it'll cost millions upon millions for even a mediocre spread. I want a fuckin castle.

So your E-penis can get bigger? I'm very skeptical of the housing. Seems like it might just be a fluff item like them stupid familiars they sell in marketplace which has no benefit in game. If I wanted more bank room i'd make alts. Personally I hope the added bonus in terms of mods or tribute like effects from housing is gonna be negligible..but hopefully i'm wrong.

So your E-penis can get bigger?

Nah, so my E-house can be fuckin humongous.

Seriously though, I have a bunch of alts I wouldn't mind having a common area for. But thanks for sharing your e-penis comment.

So your E-penis can get bigger? I'm very skeptical of the housing. Seems like it might just be a fluff item like them stupid familiars they sell in marketplace which has no benefit in game. If I wanted more bank room i'd make alts. Personally I hope the added bonus in terms of mods or tribute like effects from housing is gonna be negligible..but hopefully i'm wrong.

Um .... Yes. Doesn't everyone want the newest and best stuff for their characters? Even if this is just a fluff item like the familiars, there's no harm in it. Might not be a lot of benifit, but it's not gonna hurt anything either.