HoT NDA lifted.

Beastdaddy

Reaction score
So what awaits us? I didn't get a beta invite =(.

housing is a fuckin joke in HoT on the bright side all those fuckin chronobines and suck ass jew currency that are completely useless you can use to pay the weekly bill for your home

fuck you sony

other then housing the expansion seems to be pretty legit

So how exactly will the housing work? Mechanics wise, cost wise, ect?

housing is a fuckin joke in HoT on the bright side all those fuckin chronobines and suck ass jew currency that are completely useless you can use to pay the weekly bill for your home

fuck you sony

other then housing the expansion seems to be pretty legit

Yah because more storage for items and the ability to hang old weapons on the wall isn't cool...

Houses are done VERY well, you join a neighborhood (instance) off of pok with like 100 other people. Can use find utility ctrl + F to find a open plot and buy it then place a home. You can place items on the whole plot so in your bak and front yard and custimize the way your plot of land works. Ive seen people spell thier name with stacked furnature in thier front yards etc, some crazy shit. U can zone into your home and manage your tribute like trophy system ad place beds and so on inside. The basic house is a 2 bedroom with main room. You can place tradeskill stuff ad artwork anywhere etc, fun stuff.

Okay, I'm hearing that AA's suck balls here... ZERO new abilities with all aa lines being continuations of current lines and "hastened" versions (which can go fuck itself, btw). Devs stated because people have complained of too much button mashing (tell that to bards who twisted back in the day)... but frankly, I think it's because the devs didn't want to spend time creating and balancing new, fun abilities.

They also nixed the epic ornamentations that were being discussed in favor of a fucking pet for your fucking house IF you turn in your epic (or something else ridiculous like that).

So... besides a stupid house, no fun aa's, and mobs that hit like freight trains, is there anything GOOD that I should look forward to in this expansion for my $40 x5 or x6?

They also nixed the epic ornamentations that were being discussed in favor of a fucking pet for your fucking house IF you turn in your epic (or something else ridiculous like that).

I'm unsure what you're talking about here. The housing pets are available on a merchant that wanders the zone. The epic ornaments are done via a quest in House of Thule (The zone).
If you are referring to epic ornaments in your house, well I can't answer that, but I'm pretty sure they didn't nix it because I saw a Paladin's house with it on the front door.

Was a passing comment I saw in a class serverwide channel last night.

Anyone able to comment on the progression? How's it done? Rasper is being lame and won't put his guides up right away (a mistake, imo).

Epic Ornaments were shelved, not scrapped. They weren't going to be able to finish all the quests in time for HoT release, so they pulled the dev off of that to work on the pets. Epic Ornaments will be back.

C'mon, what do the houses COST?

Are there better or worse neighborhoods?

Could I save money and buy a house in a SLUM and if so, is there a bigger risk of break-ins or of my crew getting mugged on their way home after a hard day on the job questing, xping or pharming shit to pay the mortgage?

Do public services cost money?

Are there fire departments and are they volunteer or for pay?

Do we have to elect a mayor for the little town that springs up, and if so, is he corruptible, meaning I could bribe him to get my neighbor's house condemned so I could expand mine onto his land?

Can I rent part of my house to a homeless EQer and, if so, will there be discrimination issues if I post "Hobbits Need Not Apply" signs?

Do you have to mow your lawn?

And... what about termites??

We need to know this stuff!

i wish.. if this were possible i'd actually play.

C'mon, what do the houses COST?

Are there better or worse neighborhoods?

Could I save money and buy a house in a SLUM and if so, is there a bigger risk of break-ins or of my crew getting mugged on their way home after a hard day on the job questing, xping or pharming shit to pay the mortgage?

Do public services cost money?

Are there fire departments and are they volunteer or for pay?

Do we have to elect a mayor for the little town that springs up, and if so, is he corruptible, meaning I could bribe him to get my neighbor's house condemned so I could expand mine onto his land?

Can I rent part of my house to a homeless EQer and, if so, will there be discrimination issues if I post "Hobbits Need Not Apply" signs?

Do you have to mow your lawn?

And... what about termites??

We need to know this stuff!

I wonder how buying a house would affect moving characters between servers? If you have a plot in a neighborhood and move to a different server are you going to have the same plot in the same neighborhood? Might make buying and selling toons a little different if it all doesn't move.

Houses

In EQ2 you could buy houses and guild halls, they were instanced, sort of. Each starting city ( Freeport and Qeynos only really) had buildings around town that you could actually enter the doors. The houses or appartments in the slum areas were cheap, few gold a week, nicer were more, and Guild halls ( which varied in size as well) could be up to 1000pp a week or maybe 100pp a week. Plat in EQ2 was much harder to come by that plat in eq. I think it was 1000 gold per 1plat. Been too long I forget.

The houses and what you could put in them were lots of fun. My brother and some friends went in on one nicer one and each took a room to decorate. The nicer the things you put in it the less your rent was. Paintings, nice player made furniture, etc all lowered the rent. IF you did these heritage quests for nice items, and it was one you couldn't use for your class or you had out grown it you could place it on a stand on hang weapons on the walls. It was actually lot of fun.
Check out you tube, some people and guilds posted walk trough of their places. The pets and such were cool too.
Its mostly just another way to pass the time in EQ. A place to call your own other than just some random banker holding all your crap in a window.

I look forward to seeing how they did it for EQ now that they had a few years to work on it in EQ2.

But seriously.... what do houses COST??

It varies. iirc its like 10k for the house and some upkeep. Every house is different, and the items you have in your house affect the upkeep, so you're looking at a very large variable that we cant answer.

Can you buy huge houses like "mansions"? When you do the actual purchase is it just like a UI that opens up or do you have to go to an NPC "Realtor"?

But seriously.... what do houses COST??

It varies. iirc its like 10k for the house and some upkeep. Every house is different, and the items you have in your house affect the upkeep, so you're looking at a very large variable that we cant answer.

The attraction of a house, at first glance, to me is extra storage.

So for 10k upfront and some periodic upkeep you get extra storage for "stuff"? Or am I misunderstanding what you can store in an EQ house>?

10k is nothing for a house, unless it's like 10k A DAY and even then, that's not so bad.

I guess all answers will be soon forthcoming anyway...

$10kpp for a house and 50pp a day upkeep?

I think I've fallen in love with EQ all over again...

I hope there are different types of houses so I can be that white trash neighbor who has a gross old shack... the inside of my house will be decorated with various animal heads and skins and I will have an old VW bug rusted all the way through resting in my front yard that I swear one day i'll fix up!!! nobody will want to live next to me :D