Hot button question

Dogstar

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I am creating several hot buttons to do multiple functions with 1 button. the hot button only has 5 lines. Is there a way to list multiple commands in one line. For example right now my chanty does the follwoing:

/assist "MA"
/pause 1
/cast 6
/pause 12
/cast 7

Can I put 2 or 3 of those commands on one line so I can add more commends?

Also, is there a way to create a Hot button that executes an AA hot button?

I want to automate a several of AA skills with one Hot Button during fights.

I don't have macro skills atm.

Thanks,

One answer

is there a way to create a Hot button that executes an AA hot button?

You can do an AA in a SOE hotbutton by listing the AA number and typing /alt activate #### where the #### is the number corresponding to the specific AA. You can get a list of your class specific AAs and abilities by typing /alt list. Then simply take the number of the AA and plug it in for the ####.

/assist "MA"
/pause 1
/cast 6
/pause 12
/cast 7

try this

/pause 1, assist "MA"
/pause 12, cast 6
/cast 7

NOTE i use 10 20 30 (each 10 represents 1sec)

not sure if the pause 1 will work for ma so may have to do

/assist so and so
/pause 1
then do the rest

in the pause 12 cast 6 example even though it is at the front , how it works, is that it it casts gem 6 (then does the pause)

Also for future reference if you want to use an MQ2 command

Code:
/multiline ; /command ; /command ; /command

Additionally, if you have mq2cast loaded, you don't need to put the pauses in. It will wait to cast the spell for when the gems refresh.

mq2cast

Using Mq2cast I can get it to cast 1 spell but not the next one. The hotbutton I created looks like this:

/casting "spell name" gem1
/casting "spell name" gem2
/casting "spell name" gem3

So far. Not having a lot of luck. Is there a way to create a Hot button that executes another hot button or 2 or 3?

not that im aware of and i tried /keypress # (for next hotkey number)

You should be able to trigger another hotbutton with a hotbutton but it's not easy.

First off the window name, the first hotbar is simply named hotbuttwnd, the 2nd 3rd and 4th have their number appended (hotbuttonwnd2)

The the button, the first hotbar buttons are named HB_Button# where # is the button number. The 2nd 3rd and 4th have their numbers appended after HB (HB2_Button#)

You should with that be able to notify another button say button 3 on hotbar 4

Code:
/notify hotbuttonwnd4 HB4_Button3 leftmouseup

To do button 8 on hotbar 1 would be:

Code:
/notify hotbuttonwnd HB_Button8 leftmouseup

Last edited:
I must be missing something cause I couldn't get the hot button thing to work either.

My basic question still holds: is there a way to get more than five commands into a Hot button since there are only 5 lines?

Thanks for trying to help me guys.

Short answer, no.

You can create multiline aliases and then put the aliases on the hotkey, but you would need to stack it with pauses or delays or something for the timing to be right.

And not sure about the MQ2Cast thing. Mine works that way, the hotkey, but I haven't editted it and I am not in game. Maybe I did it with a twist or something similar.

As others have said, you'd need to use aliases, multiline, etc. (substitutions, e.g.). For built-in EQ options, best you can do, is quit putting pauses on lines by themselves. The pause takes place after the command it's on a line with, and is separated by a comma, as someone else here mentioned (although, you DO need a slash for the command, it requires it).

Ex:

/pause 1, /assist "MA"
/pause 12, /cast 6
/cast 7

htw

Another approach is to write a small macro which does each of the commands you want.

Example: Hotkey #1.

/pause 1, /assist "MA"
/pause 12, /cast 6
/cast 7

Would then become:

Sub Main
/pause 1
/assist "MA"
/pause 12
/cast 6
/cast 7
/return

Save this as something like hotkey1.mac and then in your client call the macro:

/mac hotkey1.mac

This way you can chain as many together as you like. *AND* it leads you down the path to writing macros by starting with something easy.

Thanks, I will try all those suggestions so I can learn some more, etc.

related question, and search brought this thread up ...is there a simple command to rotate 2 spells until a monster dies? i use a wizard and can /casting -kill one nuke but id like to chain 2 nukes

/twist 2 9
supposing you want to twist between the spell at gem2 and gem9