Horse and Chain Zoning

DigitalPixel

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that when i /zone somewhere and am on my horse that i can only zone one at a time, but if i /zone somewhere then click off my horse it starts working fine again. Anyone have a way fix this so it works even while mounted?

digitalpixel said:
I have noticed that when i /zone somewhere and am on my horse that i can only zone one at a time, but if i /zone somewhere then click off my horse it starts working fine again. Anyone have a way fix this so it works even while mounted?
Click it off, /zone, then remount? :)

Thats what ive been doing, just tired of summoning stupid mount all the time jus to zone. :confused:

Zoning on a mount

It probably has to do with the slow start stepping forward on a mount try turning on noaccel.

Zap said:
It probably has to do with the slow start stepping forward on a mount try turning on noaccel.
What does Zoning have to do with the slow start stepping forward?...

Just my half baked understanding of how it works.

Aibohphobia said:
What does Zoning have to do with the slow start stepping forward?...

I may be wrong but I thought chain zoning is done by entering the zone and instantly sending a location packet to the server that your at the edge of the next zone and then doing a forward step to cross.
So if the momentary shift forward where slowed you might not make the change in location enough distance to make the server believe you hit the zone, leaving you where you actually where when you sent the packet.
But since this is nothing more than my best guess as a complete newb to hacking I could be completely off the mark. But it can't hurt to try can it.
Whats different about being on a mount or not when your talking movement?
Hight and slugish start without "noaccel"

Now my question am I close or clueless? :rolleyes:

Zap said:
I may be wrong but I thought chain zoning is done by entering the zone and instantly sending a location packet to the server that your at the edge of the next zone and then doing a forward step to cross.
So if the momentary shift forward where slowed you might not make the change in location enough distance to make the server believe you hit the zone, leaving you where you actually where when you sent the packet.
But since this is nothing more than my best guess as a complete newb to hacking I could be completely off the mark. But it can't hurt to try can it.
Whats different about being on a mount or not when your talking movement?
Hight and slugish start without "noaccel"

Now my question am I close or clueless? :rolleyes:

completely wrong there...

in basic terms...

zoning is done by calling a function in the client which than sends a zone request packet to the server which in turn either zones us or puts us to character select if its not an adjacent zone

Guess I was clueless.

Guess I was clueless on that one. Oh well you live you learn thanks for the info.