Help!

aspire2008

Iftw
Reaction score
For the past 9-12 months I've been having an issue with mmoloader and logging into EQ from server select to character select, as well as, it occurs every time I zone.

Problem: Every time I go from server select to character select, I hear a click sound coming from my computer, which is causing the EQ instance to hang for 7-8 secs or sometimes timeout at server select. The click sound also occurs while zoning, which I'm assuming is a HDD drive spinning up.

The weird part about this is the mmobugs directory and EQ directory are not stored on my HDD, but on my OS SSD drive.

I have also tried to narrow this down, by:

1) just loading EQ without mmobugs - click sound/hang up problem doesn't occur
2) loading EQ with Wineq2, but without mmobugs - click sound/hang up problem doesn't occur

I can't figure out why the mmobugs compile would scan my HDD drive, is there some plugin that is doing that? The directories are stored on the SSD drive.

The click sound occurs while zoning too, and hangs for awhile before zoning through.

This doesn't occur on my other comps, but the hardware and directory setup is not similar either.

Lastly, I should mention the click sound isn't too abnormal, it has always been like that whenever I open a program or directory from my HDD if its been idle for to long.

Any ideas?

Have you tried unplugging the spinner and firing up MMOBugs and EQ just to make sure the clicking is coming from that?