Help I'm stuck.

camvyss

Reaction score
First off I'm sorry, but this is my first attempt at getting a macro to actually do what I want it to do.

Basically I am trying to AFK macro the easy quest in South Ro to boost Freeport Milita faction for the 'of the Freeport Milita' title.

The quest simply involves hailing the giver and saying the correct phrase (this works).
I then have it warp to any Caiman or Crocodile mobs that are up and kill them (this works too).

The part I am stuck on is getting the macro to count how many Caiman die (not the crocodiles since they are just PH's) or even just to catch the "your task has been updated" statement and keep track of that until it reaches 15. Once the task stage completes (15) I'd like it to go back to the start of the macro, rinse and repeat.

Here is what I have pieced together.

Code:
event Update "Your task 'The Great Caiman Issue' has been updated.

#turbo

Sub Main
/declare caimancount	int outer	0

/call GMCheck
/call Quest
:Loop
:Checkcaiman
   /if (${caimancount}<15) {
      /call kill
      /goto :Checkcaiman
   }
/goto :Loop
/return

Sub GMCheck
/if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) {
/beep
/beep
/beep
/echo GM has entered the zone!
/endmacro
}
/return

Sub PCcheck 
  :loopstart1 
  /if (${Spawn[pc noalert 2].ID}) {         
  /echo Player Nearby!!!  
  /echo pausing the macro...  
  /delay 10s 
  /goto :loopstart1 
} 
/return

Sub Kill

/hidecorpse all
/target caiman
/warp target
/attack on
/delay 4s
/hidecorpse all
/target crocodile
/warp target
/attack on
/delay 4s
/hidecorpse all
/target caiman
/warp target
/attack on
/delay 4s
/return

Sub Event_Update
   /varcalc caimancount ${caimancount}+1
   /echo Caiman Dead! ${Math.Calc[15-${caimancount}]} To Go!
/return

Sub Event_EndQuest
/call Quest
/return

Sub Quest
/echo Let's Go!
/target Dimbwicket
/warp target
/delay 2s
/hail
/delay 2s
/say clear the beach
/delay 3s
/return
#

Thanks in advance.

if you search the forums you can find a macro that does all the hailing/task updating.

Well I searched the forums for macro (20 pages went through about 15 of those pages and still haven't come across one that explains how to get the counter to work.

Also tried task (13 pages) again nothing.

Task update (3 pages) nothing.

Jim, I'd be greatly appreciative if you would be able to point me to the correct place.

giving him credit, ive searched a couple of criteria and couldnt find it, altho i know the post is there somewhere, i remember reading it before

I looked at your macro, and basically seen that an event for the kill isn't there. You are defining cainmaincount, but never update it by calling "Sub Event_Update". So, since it is never being updated, your kill counts are not getting updated. Somewhere in your kill sub you have to have an event caller that checks for the kill and then calls the count update. That is just my 2 cp.

nevermind, i just seen it. your event that you have for the count update is called update, but you called it Event_Update. If you change

Sub Event_Update

to

Sub Update

it should at least start counting

Event at the top is missing couple things also.

Code:
#event Update "Your task 'The Great Caiman Issue' has been updated."

nevermind, i just seen it. your event that you have for the count update is called update, but you called it Event_Update. If you change

Sub Event_Update

to

Sub Update

it should at least start counting

when events call a sub .. thats how they are coded.. ray

Sub Event_Updates is right

But DP caught the big part thats messd up

Event lines are suppose to start with #

ie #Event Update "XYZ"

Army

search Caiman when i said the macro is already been done I mean it litterally has already been done.. Search for what you need to kill or update in the quest..