Have you all seen this petition?

Copperhead

Reaction score
http://www.change.org/petitions/joh...ervene-on-behalf-of-the-everquest-player-base
To John Smedley, President, Sony Online Entertainment

With the opening of the beta server, information has come to light regarding changes coming to the game of Everquest, Sony Online Entertainment's flagship product. Serious and significant issues have been brought up by the player community regarding both the lack of additional content added to the game and changes that the development team intends to push through.

The issues are;

- The development team has failed to produce any meaningful and significant content beyond the initially released Call of the Forsaken expansion despite statements that they would do so.

- The development team is arbitrarily “nefing” the abilities of player characters in the game in ways that are uncalled for and affecting the actual playability of those classes. They are doing this either in ways that unduly cripple certain character types or by modifying aspects of the game that have been in place for years – or in both.

- The development team has been completely silent on the above issues. They have also ignored multiple requests from many paying players and important members of the community for an explanation of their actions and the changes coming to the game.

As the President of Sony Online Entertainment, we are asking you to step in and intervene on our behalf.

Our requests are;

- Immidiately reverse the changes to player abilities that are currently in beta and due to be released to the live servers.

- Re focus attention in the game from non-content material (i.e. collections) to playable in-game content, missions, and features

- If the senior development team is unable or unwilling to to do so, re-evaluate the make up of the senior development team

- Begin a true open dialog with the player base regarding both the proposed changes and the lack of content. End what is being perceived as “Ivory Tower” syndrome.

As the President of the company the produces a product that you are proud of that that we enjoy and would like to keep playing, we ask that you step in and make the changes listed above.

We thank you for your attention and action,

The Everquest community

.......Some angry people posting there.

What changes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rest line will be being changed so it instantly fades if you are no longer in a non-combat state. Claw line for wizard being changed so it no longer refreshes harvest. Enchanter runes being nerfed with increased recast times, increased mana costs and in some cases decreased amount runed.

I was wondering what the claw nerf was well that sucks then.

Well, it seems as if that petition isnt just about the nerfs. Its also about the overall direction that this game is headed in too. The next add on, for example, is only 1 zone, 1 raid, 6 missions....thats it. People are also upset in general about COTF and the extreme lack of content it seems. People feel like they are not getting their money worth so far and want Smedley to intervene and stop the nerfs, and promise full expansions and no more staggered stuff.

Not that I agree or disagree with any of it, just saying.

I wonder if anything will come of it?

I know for a fact that petitions online have a very low success rate...but in a small community like EverQuest.....it might work...because word travels really quick. What will come of it if anything does? Who knows. Maybe just Smedley or the devs giving a state of the address? *shrugs*

At least it would be better than nothing I guess.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...e-tanks-berserkers.210605/page-8#post-3086158
Elidroth said:
<article>
Actually, it's much less devious or dramatic than most of the posts in this thread.

Beta is our internal development/test environment. We do A LOT of things on beta that the players never see on Test or Live. In the case of Furious Rampage, those were test changes I was making to get a baseline on a possible bug with the spell effect being used. Things on the beta server should never be taken as set in stone. Coming here to complain about things which are still very much in development does nobody any good. In fact, it often causes more harm.

On Friday I spoke with Aristo and asked him to post a comprehensive list of spell changes, and our reasoning behind them. We do not intent to ambush or surprise you with significant changes. But until we are ready to discuss the changes with you, threads like this only cause problems.​
</article>

Every MMO developer has an internal/test environment. The difference is, all those other developers keep that server, well, y'know, internal. They may let a few community members they trust/respect try stuff out (Arcanaville in CoH had this privilege, from what I understand) but they didn't allow all & sundry to log in and run around. Once you start letting people in that you didn't individually screen, you need to expect leaks.

I like how Elidroth says nothing on the beta server is set in stone. Hell, nothing on the LIVE server is either (weren't a bunch of class abilities nerfed recently?) so what's that got to do with anything? The problem is, now the players know that they were looking at (or outright planning) to nerf several classes. Where's Absor when you need him to be the fall guy and tell people outright, "We need to nerf you" with his Jimmy Swaggart impression (like they trotted him out for the OMM mission nerfs)?