Gollon - Pending Investigation

Update

So today I opened a dispute with paypal to get his attention. I sent him several e-mails giving him the opportunity to do the right thing, but he did not respond. After the thirty days he said he needed to wait to give me the SQAs passed without them, I had had enough. I opened the dispute and, low and behold, he responded. He sent me some SQAs which I tried and - of course - they did not work. In that time he responded to paypal and evidently they sided with him because the item was "virtual or intangible" - and paypal CLOSED THE CASE no less. I will call them tomorrow and try to get some satisfaction, but in the meantime he has changed the passwords and removed the toons from my guild and IS ACTUALLY PLAYING THEM on my server (no longer on Zek and with new names). I will be very disappointed if an ass hat like this is allowed to remain a member of this site after pulling such a blatant scam. Thankfully I asked him to send me a piece of paper through the mail, blah blah blah but I either way trusted him because he had decent feedback on these boards and had been around a while. What is disappointing is that I think he was going to do the right thing until paypal closed the case (for now). Once they closed it he changed both passwords . . . in the last 3 hours I would guess.

I know his real name is Sean Welch and he is attached to a medical unit in the Army (5th MEd Det Unit #15247). His credit cards used addresses in areas of Utah and his e-mail addresses are boredinut@hotmail.com and usernametakenguy@yahoo.com (paypal). Anyone who has had dealings with him or perhaps knows him in RL please PM me. As a former Army Infantry Company Commander I still have a few ways outside of AKO to track him down. I know his CO will be disappointed to know what kind of fuck tard he has in his company . . . I know I was.

Yea - Sean Welch is Leee from Zek. There is actually a person on Zek with the character name Gollon, but this person here is not him. It would appear he made the user name Gollon here, to help escape the bad reputation he had when he was known as Leee. The character Gollon on Zek always had a fairly good reputation - but Sean Welch was always known as trash.

You can always try to contact your credit card company and dispute the payment with them, and they'll deal with Paypal - I've had some success in getting money back that way.

Hopefully you can get something done through your contacts, so there would be some type of military repercussion. He should certainly be IP banned from this site.

Thanks for the info

Thankfully I have been using paypal legitimately (unlike some) for years so was able to get them to re-open the dispute, primarily because when I originally sent him the money I put that it was for goods. Yesterday when I opened the claim I was so hungover I put intangible goods and that is why they slammed the door on me initially. Basically I knew enough to make him send me something in the mail in addition. I am glad he did not.

I have a buddy at the Pentagon S1 shop getting me his vitals. From what I have gotten so far he is in Yongsan, Korea. I am not sure what compels someone to commit fraud like this; perhaps he thinks the long arm of the US law cannot reach him there. He is sadly mistaken . . .

At the very least he is headed for an Article 15.

Update

Well despite my rep with paypal and the fact that I ordered "goods", paypal would re-opened the claimbut then closed it again in his favor this afternoon. He did finally reply to my e-mails after I sent him an e-mail on his military address (which I got from a friend at the Pentagon) and he now claims that he had nothing to do with the fact that I cannot access the accounts anymore (even though I never got the SQAs). Apparently I was able to guess the SQAs and change the passwords myself and ignore my own tells. Surprise. He also wants me to stop harassing him and threatening him. All I asked for was a refund but I asked more than once so I am harassing him. Anyway. Ban this fucktard's IP. I am done buying accounts - this is not the first time this has happened to me - but it will be the last.

Really sorry this happened to you. It's surprising how someone can have a good rep and seem like a stand up guy and then do a complete turn around.

The way he was trying to push his characters for sale, and the comments he made on his own WTS thread kind of irritated me. Like he was TOO desperate to sell. And by having just said that, before anyone thinks something that is not true. I am in NO way undermining your misfortune. These guys can be real con artists, I know I've been scammed far too many times, they pray on your weaknesses and it's all about social engineering.

I wish we could do more than just ban his IP.

Anyway that you could get his accounts banned? That way if you can't have the account he shouldn't be able to either. :)

Banned?

How do you go about doing that? Since they have already been rolled back I suppose they are on the radar anyway. When I had them I warped and such a bit so maybe I can just say I witnessed that? Or what is the best way to approach that. I don't really care about $500 tbh but I hate the idea of people thinking they got away with something - and I damn sure don't want these accounts resold to someone else.

lol if he is really in korea and you can get me his name and rank... I'm stationed over near his post, takes me like 45 mins to get there.

Sorry to hear about the scam. God I hate people who do that shit, so retarded. Goddamn army brats, I swear.

Anyways, I made the thread slightly more fun to read now...

How do you go about doing that? Since they have already been rolled back I suppose they are on the radar anyway. When I had them I warped and such a bit so maybe I can just say I witnessed that? Or what is the best way to approach that. I don't really care about $500 tbh but I hate the idea of people thinking they got away with something - and I damn sure don't want these accounts resold to someone else.

Try calling SoE and just tell them that the accounts have some very shady behavior associated. Tell them to look at the logs, all the warping, hacking, etc. I'm sure if he's the douche bag that Caprii says he is, he's probably done a lot of activity that's against the EULA.

You could possibly even mention that he tried to sell his account and then stole it back. While SoE will take his side on that front since they always side with the Original Owner. Just reinforce that it's against the EULA and to at least check out the logs so this douche doesn't go around scamming more people. Maybe SoE will sympathize :)

My sources

My pentagon buddy says his RL info is that he is PFC Sean C. Welch. I am working on names for his 1SG, CO, and team leaders. They found him on AKO and, ironically, he shows himself under his own leadership. Weird - a scammer who tries to protect his own identity. How original.

let me get to work i can look him up on global, it will show me who he works for. Ako is never updated so its more then likely a dead end. Just a FYI tho, if your using someone's ako account to try and find information on someone and your not in the army you could get in deep shit.

Not me

My army.mil address is dead now. But I still have lots of friends on active duty and in the guard. Plus, there is nothing that excites rangers quite like a thief in their midst . . .

check your pm's i need to make sure i have the correct person.

Well in defense of his standing with this community, he only had 29 posts and 1/2 of them were completely mindless and idiotic..wait 3/4...ok maybe even all. I've had 100% good interaction with everyone I've dealt with here, sounds like you got the bad apple.

Sorry this happened to you though, it's very unfortunate that someone would even attempt to get away with this. If I were you, I would be taking the same actions and not stop, be relentless, get your justice.

Maybe if he gets some pressure from other servicemen he'll cave....and refund. He's stupid not to at this point. :rolleyes: One of my favorite cousins is a Sargent in the army, however if I brought this to him I'd actually have some splaining to do myself ;) I am going to ask if he knows him or can get any information on him (then he'll think he knocked me up or something) ~

Anyway, good luck to ya, I have a feeling in the end you'll get some kind of compensation.

Ya know looking at this kinda shit really irks my bum. I think and if the mods and fry dont mind id liek to go back threw and compile a giant post with all previously foudn scammers and put it up so we have a quick refrence guide to look at in regards to dealing with ppl.

Omg i love reading this stuff keep us updated on how this plays out. Its like reading some kind of spy shit. Its fucking great. i really want to know how this ends..... :D

I'd like to hear it in great detail myself... If he's a military shitbird and not in a company full of shitbirds, he's liable to fall down and hurt himself really badly... over and over and over

Update

Well, where it stands right now I am giving him 48 hours to unfuck this. Shortly after I got paypal to re-investigate, he e-mailed me back and told me not only did he have nothing to do with the untimely theft of my accounts, he thinks I am trying to screw him since he sent me the SQAs (which did not work). He said that I was being immature and he had done everything he agreed to do and that I could not touch him anyway because selling accounts is a violation of the EULA. This amused and incited me.

I followed up with an e-mail to his army e-mail address (sean.c.welch@us.army.mil) where I explained that despite what he thinks I no longer have access to the accounts he sold me. I also explained that he had NEVER given me the correct SQAs so there was no way I could have changed the passwords even if I wanted to and that I would give him a chance to recover the accounts himself before I sent a certfied letter to his commander and first sergeant and e-mailed them, as well. He claims he cannot play EQ at all so whoever was logged in on Sunday was not him (htw helped me confirm that he can and has logged in from Korea but not recently into the loader at least). I am thinking he is either colluding with someone else or perhaps just not using the loader. Either way, I sent password reset requests to both accounts which should have gone to his e-mail account. My gut is he thinks this will go away and I will have to get nasty but perhaps he is going to "pretend" he had nothing to do with Sunday's password change and turn over the accounts to me heroically. I don't think he even has the money anymore to refund me since it has been over a month. He is either a PFC or a PV1 (for you non-military that is about as low as you can get and it is hard to stay a private for long unless you suck hard at your job) working with a medical unit in Korea.

I think there is a slim chance I will get the accounts back, but I am not sure what I will do if that happens since it would only be a matter of time before he would try to snag them again. I could move them off these accounts but that would just cost me another $40 for the software and $50 per toon per account. Probably worth it though, just to picture his face when he finally snags them back again and realizes he just activated an account with nothing on it.

In any event, I will update when and if he finally does get back to me. I will also update if I end up having to take action against him through his chain of command.

i hate to say it but 2 words come to mind police report. keep in mind the cops will say it's not going to go any where but still do it. once u do that the police will summons the paypal records for him. if he has done this in the past you'll see where it's happened and to whom. also if he did this enough they will pick up and go after him, he has broken a few laws most felonies. he won't think it's a joke any more!

i do know this works i had to do it last year on some clown! the best part if u get a cool cop like we did :eek:) he will walk out of the room and let u copy all the info he gets from paypal! it takes about too weeks once u do the report. when the police contact his co his email to you will be alot different.

it was priceless to call the clown and ask questions about what went on, he then asked who she was. well we had the cash he stole the next day!