Gnarlibramble - Theater of Blood

Rejekted71

Reaction score
Any ideas pls we had about 24 adds then all just got eaten .

Last edited by a moderator:
Will post our full strat tomorrow after work if no one gives to you before then.

ok here goes
Kill / clear the trash mobs including Festering ( mini boss ) can drop druid legs / BP. The normal vines can drop any random druid armor slot it goes along the line of Everling XXXX can check for stats on Allakhazam or Lucy. The armor is slightly better than Qvic imo. Not sure on Anguish as I don't have any Anguish geared druid. By the way the trash mobs can do an AE root which can be a real pain to pull and kill for melees. Best to use ranged weapons if you get rooted also to use a bard or long range weapons to pull.
Bard to use selo song means they can use a Bellow AA ability then run fast and usually the vine follow.

Anyway getting back to the point. When engaged the Gnarlibramble is kinda funny mob to kill it procs a spell Insipid Ditty.
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=8759&source=Live

an AE fd and dot, which lands on everyone who is near him and cept the MT
Can be cured with Pureblood, RGC, and a few other things I believe as it has a poison check buff up on shaman and necro DMF to max it.

The way we do this fight may be different to others so please bear with me.
We stick the pets / rogues on Gnarlibramble. Other class like nukers, bards, monks rangers, knights etc are used to kill the adds.
4 types of Adds can spawn around Gnarlibramble, they spawn at roughly 45 seconds - 1 minute intervals. The adds MUST NOT REACH GNARLIBRAMBLE!
If they do they heal Gnarlibramble 10% of health each time one touches / reaches him. The adds spawn around him in the pit / surrounding valley area and make a beeline for it unless it has been intercepted via a tank or snared / rooted or mezzed. Gnarlibramble spawns : Gnarlibrambles Minion, Gnarlibrambles Rootling, Gnarlibrambles Sproutkin, and Gnarlibrambles Thrall during encounter.

I believe the Thrall = mezzable by bards / enchanters. Rootlings can be rooted / snared. The other 2 types have to be killed.

Basically the fight goes all engage and kill Gnarlibramble when adds spawn depending on the type everyone cept healers / rogues and MT breaks off and kills the adds. If it can be rooted do it and keep it rooted as it means you don't have to waste precious dps / time killing it. If it can be mezzed do it and make sure it's kept mezzed AWAY from Gnarlibramble.
Make sure if the dot lands on you get cured and make a hotkey to stand up!
You really can't cast spells or melee while fd:D

We usually surround Gnarlibramble on all sides as that way we can have a better chance to intercept the adds from any direction. The adds don't really hit that hard with a shaman or druid and or 1 cleric to patch heals they can cover a knight. We use a SK as they can snap aggro and hopefully tank it away from the middle and quickly. Make sure everyone assist on the adds or you'll have tons of mobs healing Gnarlibramble up each time it reaches him. The adds do not have many hps so can be nuked meleed down fairly fast. Once the adds are down / controlled via mezz we all switch back to Gnarlibramble and burn it down more rinse and repeat till more adds spawn.

If you need further info I will try to elaborate more. I'm off to get a shower / breakfast I can't think straight this early in the morning :(

stevec said:
The way we do this fight may be different to others so please bear with me.
We stick the pets / rogues on Gnarlibramble. Other class like nukers, bards, monks rangers, knights etc are used to kill the adds.
4 types of Adds can spawn around Gnarlibramble, they spawn at roughly 45 seconds - 1 minute intervals. The adds MUST NOT REACH GNARLIBRAMBLE!
If they do they heal Gnarlibramble 10% of health each time one touches / reaches him. The adds spawn around him in the pit / surrounding valley area and make a beeline for it unless it has been intercepted via a tank or snared / rooted or mezzed. Gnarlibramble spawns : Gnarlibrambles Minion, Gnarlibrambles Rootling, Gnarlibrambles Sproutkin, and Gnarlibrambles Thrall during encounter.

I believe the Thrall = mezzable by bards / enchanters. Rootlings can be rooted / snared. The other 2 types have to be killed.

Everything but Minions i believe is rootable. The difference between how we do it and you guys is that we do not kill any adds. There is no point since they all despawn as soon as Gnarli is dead thus your wasting your guilds DPS/mana and time doing so.

We pick 4 hybrids to watch directions of N, S , E , W. Those 4 watch for adds to spawn during event then pull them to the far south field. From there 2 SK's usually snare the mobs and proceed to kite the ones that can not be rooted. The ones that can be rooted from there Druids + a few rangers sit on root patrol. Once the mob is dumped off to the team at the south the knights who took the mob to them return to their posts and wait for another spawn.

Clerics can stand OOR of the AE and CH your MA from there making that part fairly easy. Same with nukers. Most groups dont even need a healer type.

From this point its just burn him down adds despawn and collect phat loots, for us anyway.

Where

What zone is this guy in i cant find him on ala's

To be honest if you just want the pages then the easiest mob to kill is Vasella and or the gargoyle Vallik on the island on the FAR north East of the map. You only need 1 page per player of any type from the various boss mobs in the zone plus a long list of other flags. They eventually flag you to to enter DeathKnell.
The map is a good way to spot which direction the adds are coming from too.
On a side note anyone figure out a way to resize the map window?

The reason we kill everything, as we usually have a lot of dps, twinks nuking etc and it's safer to kill than kite in our guild. Since the zone is not limited to how many people can raid basically in theory you could have as many people as you want in the zone to help you zerg / kill the mobs. We usually have around 60 ish which is a change since most high end instances / expeditions are limited to 54 ish player raids. I remember good old days Potime 72 player raids and people having to sit out:eek:

If the AE lands on a kiter then the mob he is kiting makes a beeline for Gnarlibramble = heals by 10% which is bad news. That is why we kill the adds.
if it is dead = no possible chance of heals. But your way works just as well ;)

If your kiters are getting hit by the AE then they are kiting too close. I kite those all the time usually 5 or 6 at a time and I have never been hit by the AE.

stevec said:
To be honest if you just want the pages then the easiest mob to kill is Vasella and or the gargoyle Vallik on the island on the FAR north East of the map.

I laughed when i read that. Those 2 mobs are by far the hardest mobs in the zone for my guild to kill :p

Gnarlibramble and Anastasia being the easiest.

Ahh ok cool. We whiped on Gnarli at 2% last night then went back again 20 mins later and ripped him open. Got Cassindras Cloak to drop...We can't be Valik and Vasella (spelling?) we have no idea about. If ya got any pointers thatd be hot.

Vallik does his AE grav flux every 62 seconds so we have 1 person call out the AE at 50 seconds ppl run out of range and avoid it.

It works a charm, try it out the second the ae goes off everyone runs back from the little hill by the tree and discs / burns / dots etc. rinse and repeat till the next AE and keep going. If you notice there's 2 little hills on the island Vallik is on. One where he is perma rooted and the other by a tree. We have the casters clerics ranged dps there while the melees run to vallik himself. When the AE is due called out everyone cept mt and 1 extra tank or so stays. All other ppl run to the other hill to avoid the AE by the tree, once AE goes off run back:)
The fight gets tougher the harder the fight lasts so it's a basic zerg fest and burn it down fron the word go.

As for Vasella, for some reason there is a bug on his AE. It can be cured which does a 90% slow to melee and spell casting. It is cast every 30 seconds so impossible to cure it effectively constantly. There is a bug i think where by bard song selo accelerating chorus totally blocks the AE. SO stick some bard with clerics or rogues or Tanks and voila the whole group is able to block the AE. When the AE goes off you still get the DD component hurting you but no Dot effect or slow melees or spell casting. Again this is a total zerg fest, burn it down as fast and quickly as possible. As i eluded earlier on our raids we have a lot of high dps so we can afford to burn Gnarlibramble adds and do this.

Anastascia as you said is relatively easy too.
Maestro on the other hand is a nightmare.
Mad Mary Ann = royal pain in the neck :mad:

Valik is gimp easy if you know what to watch for time things correctly and know what the term DPS is. Chain dispells all forms of Levi. every 2 minutes (IIRC maybe 1.5) AE GFluxes it has a VERY small range.... Range = to the trunk of the tree so just back up behind it. Have particle effects on for NPC once the Gflux fires Pets and the tank get this neat little green ring around them showing the spell fired.... charge and DPS more.... The faster you kill him the better your chances..... getting hit for 20K per shot = dead pretty fucking fast.

Vasella is all about the DPS which means it is all about the cures so that the DPS is consistant.

stevec said:
Maestro on the other hand is a nightmare.

This one actually isn't too bad either.... Pin Maestro.... DPS through all adds. 2 types of adds Mezzable not Mezzable. Off hand don't remember which is which other then the ones that split are mezzable IIRC. Offtank/Kite the non mezzables.... once maestro is dead then move to the mezzable.

Mad Mary-Ann is a bitch because of all the AE's but is fairly easily managed.... with proper group setups