Getting Boxs to Backoff a Target

Daladen

Premium Member
Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Boxers,

I have an 18 man crew and I am having issues with getting my guys to stop attacking a mob does anyone have a working Hot button that works and would be willing to share it.
My crew does contain several pet classes that would also need to be called off. Beastlord, Shaman, Mage, Enchanter and ShadowKnight

Thank you

1st what are you using to control 18 toons (eqbcs or dannet, macros?)
based on that it will use that plugins format to send a command to all toons listening
example of eqbc:
/bca //mqp on
/bca //keypress esc
/bca //attack off
/bca //pet attack off
/bca //mqp off
can also do one long line with multiline command
would pause the macro so they dont continue actions, clear target, tell them stop attacking , then restart what ever macro so u are good to go

I use personal macros that if the MT gets a target and its below assist % they will engage so bear in mind some things will depend on how your macros behave.

some macros have built in back off capabilities, so again the question is what are u using to run your crew

I use eqbcs to send commands and I am running them using the Lua replacement for Muleassist.

I thought I had it figured out but when I tired it they would just run back to the mob they previously had targeted.

The main area that I am currently needing this in is the balance Raid Boss in Tacvi

I'm not familiar with the macro you're using. For the longest time, I used bot.dll to handle the actual fighting and I ran my crew around doing specific things. I had a similar problem with the SoD Council Divided raid and I had to come up with an unusual approach. A couple ideas....

Since most macros I've looked at seem to either stick to the current target, or always go after xtarget1 (and they switch as that switches), you could leave the tanks on their appropriate targets and just switch the dps from 1 to the other using a command like:
/bct DPSers //tar id ${Spawn[pixtt boss1].ID}
/bct DPSers //xtar set 1 currenttarget

I wouldn't mind helping you throw something together, but I'd need a lot of details.

Reactions: EQDAB