Getting a head start on requests for new expansion

Dealings

Reaction score
I made a ghetto fix for /pet swarm for mage

however there are other classes that spawn a crapton of pets and in some case more and quicker than mage (shm ranger bard), I believe w aa some of the swarm pets (may just be mage) benefit from buffs, making them contribute even more, in any case....

I would like to request if possible an addition to melee

something like /petswarmassist=1

not sure how these triggers work but if someone has that option checked, that /pet swarm be performed one time, once a target is acquired and in a combat state

if possible that would be awesome sauce :)

in the meantime is there a way to have a holy do /pet swarm one time (my work around was to tie it to when malosinete is cast for mage), so as not to attempt to spam /pet swarm just cause u are in combat state

however there are other classes that spawn a crapton of pets and in some case more and quicker than mage (shm ranger bard), I believe w aa some of the swarm pets (may just be mage) benefit from buffs, making them contribute even more, in any case....

not sure how these triggers work but if someone has that option checked, that /pet swarm be performed one time, once a target is acquired and in a combat state

in the meantime is there a way to have a holy do /pet swarm one time (my work around was to tie it to when malosinete is cast for mage), so as not to attempt to spam /pet swarm just cause u are in combat state

What actions do you take to aquire the target of the mob / start combat on your mag?

I added petswarm option. Let's see how it goes... but at least it's finally a start. :)

htw

I hope it works several toons have swarm pets not just mage
bard
shm
bst
ranger
necro
to name a few
and if a character has the pet swarm aa then great they dont go to waste for next mob
btw ty vm for taking time for these changes

since you are being so creative and generous and im a big fan of melee options...................

how about an option in melee

different from mq2rez plugin , cause all it would share is name

melee rez=1
melee combat rez=1
melee rez=(name of rez)
melee rez range=(default it to something really low)
have it only rez grp members, so its not trying to rez every tom dick and harry

basically if a character can rez and allowed to rez in combat, do so, with specified rez.

trying to get around the shortcomings of bot plugin w rezzing

if its not unrealistic that would be great, sorry for being such a beggar

I hope it works several toons have swarm pets not just mage
bard
shm
bst
ranger
necro
to name a few
and if a character has the pet swarm aa then great they dont go to waste for next mob
btw ty vm for taking time for these changes

since you are being so creative and generous and im a big fan of melee options...................

how about an option in melee

different from mq2rez plugin , cause all it would share is name

melee rez=1
melee combat rez=1
melee rez=(name of rez)
melee rez range=(default it to something really low)
have it only rez grp members, so its not trying to rez every tom dick and harry

basically if a character can rez and allowed to rez in combat, do so, with specified rez.

trying to get around the shortcomings of bot plugin w rezzing

if its not unrealistic that would be great, sorry for being such a beggar
Added, to at least get us started - try it out let me know what I need to tweak and/or fix. thanks.

htw

Whats the mq2melee setting for this? Tried searching "swarm" in the wiki, couldn't find the setting.

I'll get it in wiki. Easiest way to see your settings: /melee

For this particular one, it'll be petswarm I believe I called it.

htw

I'll get it in wiki. Easiest way to see your settings: /melee

For this particular one, it'll be petswarm I believe I called it.

htw

I tried to activate it for my bard. Doing /melee doesn't show the setting, but then I tried /melee petswarm=1 , /melee save, then /melee reload.

It didn't show up when I reissued the /melee command, but it does show the setting as ON in the ini file.

Will this still activate even if its not showing the status in-game?

EDIT: Watched the bard pets in-game with the ini file set to petswarm=1, nothing is happening. Pet's didn't seem to be assisting on the next mob in camp.

Last edited:
Umm.. bard pet? Ok. Well, NONE of the pet options will work for a bard, because they check for pet classes. I personally didn't even know a bard had a pet. All mq2melee pet options only work for these classes: SHD,DRU,SHM,NEC,MAG,ENC,BST

If I need to turn them on for BRD also, I can do that, let me know.

htw

Umm.. bard pet? Ok. Well, NONE of the pet options will work for a bard, because they check for pet classes. I personally didn't even know a bard had a pet. All mq2melee pet options only work for these classes: SHD,DRU,SHM,NEC,MAG,ENC,BST

htw

They do have a couple of swarm AA's actually. Gargoyals and a bunch of little you's iirc

Do they have a pet(s), or is it just "pet like" creatures as an aa/spell? For MQ2Melee, am only doing pet stuff for actual pets. If there is some other 'swarm like' aa or spell that is a one-off thing even though you don't have a pet, then if I did add them, I would do it just like any other aa/disc as its own option.

htw

htw

Almost every class has a swarm pet, I'd include wizard and cleric in that list too besides bard. Even pure melee classes have doppleganger pets that last about 1.5 minutes, so their just idle if the mob dies pretty quickly.

Ok well screw it then, for the options, they show now regardless of class.

htw