General Emu Discussion Here

Psycotic

Whats This Do?
Reaction score
Ok.. Got the IP problem worked out.. Now I'm getting

Code:
2006-05-15 20:38:57	WorldAuthenticate: Initiating Login.
2006-05-15 20:38:57	WorldAuthenticate: connection lost during authentication.
2006-05-15 20:38:57	
2006-05-15 20:38:58	Rejected By World. retrying
2006-05-15 20:38:58	
2006-05-15 20:38:58	Networking: Connection Established [2]
2006-05-15 20:38:58	WorldAuthenticate: Initiating Login.
2006-05-15 20:39:29	Networking: Connection Closed [1] with 0 pending bytes.
2006-05-15 20:39:29	*** ERROR: WorldAuthenticate.  My message arrival was NULL, the net has been shutdown.
2006-05-15 20:39:29	*** WorldAuthenticate.  Checkpoint 3.

Hmm.. Getting closer. :)

Last edited:
ok im abit hazy here, because I havent used eqemu since they updated to 0.7.0 since I dont own Titanium, so I'll try my best.

Your client are you just setting your eqhost server to point to your localised server ?

i.e:

Step 4 - EQHost File
In order for your client to connect to the EQEmulator Login Server (and not SOE's EQLive Login Server), you will need to change your EQHost.txt file to point at the correct location. Go into your EverQuest directory and locate the EQHost.txt file. Replace the contents of the file with the following (Remove any trailing spaces):
Code:
[LoginServer]
[color=red]Host=192.168.1.20[/color]

Yeah.. I got that. It's seeing my server from the server select screen, and it shows a status of "0". I'm guessing that's the number of users connected or something.

One think I just realized is I don't recall giving my login account a password. I don't remember seeing where that's set. I'll play with it a bit more. Thanks again Yoda..

Ok.. I got it running.. Now just got to figure out the commands. (And to not crash when I die.. ALthough that might be MQ2 causing some of that too) :)

Yeah the 0 status is for users connected. I'll post up some commands on the 3rd post in this thread in afew mins :)

Yoda

Careful with doin' this. You'll get so incredibly sick of cheating when you can do it all that it'll lose its luster for a while and you'll start looking for non-mmorpgs to play just to get over it, hehe.

connecting to eq emulater

i still cant connect i get to sever select and i have mine all installed from cds and the expansion from por was downloaded i get to server select i hit connect and it kicks me to the log in screen am i supposed to runa somthing first before connecting ? like eqemulator or somthing ?

sonofcycle said:
Careful with doin' this. You'll get so incredibly sick of cheating when you can do it all that it'll lose its luster for a while and you'll start looking for non-mmorpgs to play just to get over it, hehe.

That's exactly what happened to me. Soloing CT or Inny kinda takes the fun out the game.

It is great for scouting new zones.

BigandHairy said:
i still cant connect i get to sever select and i have mine all installed from cds and the expansion from por was downloaded i get to server select i hit connect and it kicks me to the log in screen am i supposed to runa somthing first before connecting ? like eqemulator or somthing ?
You can't install from the CDs if you bought them as they came out. You need to buy Titianium, make a new folder, Instal Titanium, and don't download PoR. Do NOT patch.

Yep spot on.

You need to install from titanium CD's. and then not patch at all, i.e DONT patch to PoR.

who would be interested in a mmobugs server on eqemu?

Phate said:
who would be interested in a mmobugs server on eqemu?

Sounds like a good idea. I was thinking of doing it, I just don't have the cash for a dedicated server at the moment.

Fry.

I'd play on it. I have one up, but since I only have a DSL line, it's probably not all that stable.

Psycotic said:
Ok.. I got it running.. Now just got to figure out the commands. (And to not crash when I die.. ALthough that might be MQ2 causing some of that too) :)

You prolly already know this by now but to get a list of the GM commands type #help. GM commands are done with the # sign not the /.

there no way to use aug sealer on emulator servers ?
Kinda boring really and most servers that are up and running are trying to be legit so no fun with GM commands
besides #si ***** =( unless someone has a server thats not listed I would like to check it out

I moved some posts around, and didnt want to remove what alot of people had previousley said, so im going to tack them into this thread ! :D