/gate and Ruins of Illsalin

Sum1

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I'm 100% sure it's not my plugin/macro/docrack setup. For whatever reason, a /gate from anywhere within RoI is a ctd. Normal gate and potions work fine, and /gate works great from every other zone I've been in.

This has literally happened to me every single time I've attempted to /gate from RoI since I started going back there to PL alts due to the hotzone and legacy exp mods went live.

Anyone have any idea of a fix for this? I suppose one solution would be to run to undershore and gate from there, but that kind of workaround isn't what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

I haven't seen this and i go there atleast once a day and only use /gate

Every single time it happens to me and has for months.

try redownloading your zone files for the zone

It happens on both of my boxes... I'll try it, but I find it unusual that it would happen on 2 independent boxes at the same time. Only common thing between them is the MMO compile (different chips, different OS's, different vid cards, etc).

I've heard about this issue from when I first started using MQ2. My buddy always warned me to not use /gate in RoI because it would CTD so I've never bothered wanting to test it.

well it is a really nice HOTZONE, mayebe they (soe) red flaged it? just complete speculation on my part, but it could make sense.

As a workaround, try /warp s, and just zone out.

One thing that may help troubleshoot this is to try to /fade and see if you CTD.

its an issue with the zone afaik. There are a few other zones that are like that but I don't remember what any of them are.

you cant /zone out of freeport. Have to /gate first

also

gating from illsalin isnt a new thing its been happening to me since 2005 or 06 whatever it was . always has ctd me. i just worked around it. never had a problem from any other zones.