Frostcrypt Maze Event

Yoda007

Lifetimer
Reaction score
In frostcrypt maze, there is 4 guys in each corner of the maze.

These dudes are apparently some part of an avent.

We headed there tonight to try and figure this out, but something tells me the event was down, as we couldnt get anything to work :(

Anyone done this yet ?

I do not have solid information as we only tryed it once. But I'll share what we found. The four corners need to die at the same time, this spawns a mob in the center of the maze. The problem we had was the mob we spawned was not the loot mob. I noticed the corners all have named. It is possible they all need to be up to spawn the center loot named or that the center is a script to be worked through before the loot mob spawns. Forgive me for an incomplete answer but if no one else answers this may help.

I found this:

"Maze Event
Posted: Oct 17th 2006 at 2:44am EST| IP: Logged | Reply to this | Edited: Oct 17th 2006 at 3:11am EST
By: Savard
Score: Decent

Select rating Awful Default Decent Good Excellent
Link to this post
ContessMi's post was accurate:

Quote:
The Faceless - 78 Skeleton necro (Maze corner mob)
Haze - 78 Wolf warrior (Maze corner mob)
Crusher - 78 Golem warror (Maze corner mob)
Fallow - 78 Giant Necro (Maze corner mob)

Corner mobs will either drop a Jagged key or nothing

Grenrik the Addled - lvl 80 High Elf once, Iksar another time (cons kos (dont see sos)) Center of maze - Hand Jagged Key to.

===============================================================================

Except the skeleton mob is named The Fleshless, the rest are correct.

This particular event starts with having to kill the 4 corner mobs until 1 drops the key to unlock Grenrik the Addled.

Grenrik the Addled - Starts off as a player model (Barb, Iksar, dwarf, etc.) then after you give him the key he spawns into a giant. Drops 1 loot upon death.

Sent in some screenshots of Grenrik the Addled and The Fleshless, cause he was the mob I tanked. He is one of a few different mobs in that Maze event, each has different tricks, sorta fun but 1 loot sucks.

Edited, Oct 17th 2006 at 1:11am PDT by Savard

If this is true, then I eblieve what I first posted was true and that the event was down - the mobs we found in the four corners were like "a xx of rallos"

or something like that, just named like most other trash in the zone, not like a #Named :)

I'm not convinced the event was down myself. When we tryed it we were the first guild on my server to explore ash/frost (non instanced). When we arrived to the maze no corner named were up.

Have done it. Loot key from a corner mob, use it on grenrik cage, kill grenrik.

The maze changes over time so don't get lost, and during grenrik event get your group/raid to stay near grenrik or you'll agro trash.

He really has a lot of HPs, tends to mez the MT but nothing really hard as long you dont agro trash around.

The corner mobs and grenrik /conn as raid mobs but are groupeable by DP geared chars. We did Grenrik with 2 groups (low dps lots of knights, 20 min of fight) and the fight took forever but as the MT is chable a single solid group can do it.

Have done this event as described above. But I don't think this is the "right " way to do it per se. But it is on the right track somehow.

Clear to a large maze that changes it's layout slightly depending on what you do. There is a small room with mobs on both the East and West sides of maze. The North side of maze has a large locked door that we were never able to get through. Underneath this maze is a large open room with approximately the same dimensions as the maze minus the walls all over the place, there is a secret exit that leads back up to entrance of maze on the southeast wall of this basement room. Each of the four corners of the maze has a block of ice in the floor that can be destroyed. Once one of these blocks is destroyed and someone jumps through the hole the Named key dropping corner mobs will spawn if they were not already up. They don't always drop a key so you may have to kill more than one to get key. We fought our way to each boss mob through the maze, but I was a proponent of the idea of fighting them all from the basement, since you could just destroy the block of ice underneath the Named corner mob and pull it to bottom where it was easier to organize people. Skeleton mob The Fleshless had a very nasty Fear/3k per tick dot. Should avoid this one if possible.

Grenrik the Addled is locked in a cage in the center. Get one of the keys and release him and he changes into a giant and starts whomping yer butt. Kill him to get a decent item with level 75 foci...but a foci inferior to most Demiplane foci (at least to a caster).

We were able to rinse and repeat a couple times by respawning the blocks of ice in corners and retriggering the corner mobs and re-releasing Grenrik. After a couple times doing this, destroying the blocks of ice triggered a far meaner mob in the Grenlok spot that also threw up random walls and split the raid in center room from raid just barely outside of center room. Everyone in center died. But I don't think this was done correctly.......I am convinced that this event somehow unlocks the large door at the North end of maze and that there is a much more lucrative part to this event that we missed entirely.

OK

So was hoping for more clarification. I noticed one time , 4 mobs were in corners, like fleshless, hallow, etc. Kill them get key, release Grenrik, kill.

Question: if you fail, he seems bugged, must you just wait for the event to reset?

I also have seen an icemass? In the center, with royals in the corners. Kill one it says something stirs.... must all 4 die at the same time? Because killing them one at a time , they repsawn within seconds, and he is never targetable no matter how we kill in what order or such.

And I have also seen an oblivious golem up..another golem that wanders... non kos, spawns shards, but pain to chase lol.

Question was mainly for icemass, we cannot make it targetable.

Last edited:
We have tried to work on this event twice and unsure which events are which.

First time we were there the corner mobs were just trash we killed them over and over nothing. The maze changed a lot so it was hard to get the raid moved together.

Our second attempt had Dozer and his crew up. They weren't targetable, we killed the ice and still not targetable. We went to the basement and killed more ice. Eventually one became targetable but not the rest. We messed with it over and over but couldn't find any consistancy.

We have yet to see any skeleton mobs.

Could someone post on each event seperately so the two aren't being mixed up.

Also if anyone has a full write-up mind sharing it?

There are actually FOUR events in the Frostcrypt maze... I don't have much info though sorry.

Still nothing?

Still searching high and low for clarity on the FC maze events. I know there are multiple events in the maze....

But if anyone has done one or more of them successfully, would greatly appreciate some direction.

Thanks

well if you get iceage ( should be up before u come in , ull see dozer , freezer , blazor and such up on the corners ) ull have to do a cycle between the active mobs in there ( was NE , NW , SW , SE killing order , if you can blow a wall leading to one of the 4 guys on the corners it means he is active and that u can kill him - there is also no key involved in iceage event just killing the 4 mobs to make him go live -) , and get the 4 of them killed before iceage goes active and then you can kill him ( unfortunatly he bugged for us and warped somewhere to get killed by giants ... :( wasted 3 hours of killing in there

Someone Knows

Someone :cool:is keeping it a secret... several folks have been banned for hacking this event... I witnessed some folks on Saryrn doing it, but I have no idea what they were doing...