Fastest way to PL

wow take out a loan for a game. No wonder our economy sucks!

wow take out a loan for a game. No wonder our economy sucks!

Everyone says that but then everyone owns stock in some form or fashion (your 401k, IRA, money market account, government retirement accounts/pensions, etc). In the olden days, I know of eight people who bought cars based on their income from selling shit in EQ (and those proceeds went to pay the car note), including one person with a tricked out Viper.

I know someone who took out a loan last year to open their own travel agency. If you know anything about the travel business, you'd see how STUPID that was (and he's learning that the hard way). Travel as a start-up is a dog unless you have at least one high-dollar corporate account (transaction fees) or a fairly large client list that reliably travels on more than just entry level packages (volume). He has neither. So, by comparison, taking out a loan to speculate on MMO accounts makes a lot more sense to me. Only problem with that is you have zero margin for error. If one (or more) of those PL'd accounts winds up on a watch list of some kind and gets banned, your profit margin evaporates (but you still owe that money).

Holy crap! I didnt even know Travel Agencies still existed! My Grandma is like 70 and even she books thru Expedia. lol

PL!

Just made a warrior and had him to 56 within 4 hours using what was posted here. Now going to kill Fennin Ro and headshot C2 with ranger will let you know how long it takes to get to 70 :)

1-17 macro for charm of lore
17-56 Velks, I have 20k unbuffed ranger he ran around gathered all the non summoning spiders up and sat at ent with merc healing him. While i ran the hit everything macro from this site, it could be improved had. Had to stay at zone in or macro would target mobs above him if i missed one ect.

Just made a warrior and had him to 56 within 4 hours using what was posted here. Now going to kill Fennin Ro and headshot C2 with ranger will let you know how long it takes to get to 70 :)

1-17 macro for charm of lore
17-56 Velks, I have 20k unbuffed ranger he ran around gathered all the non summoning spiders up and sat at ent with merc healing him. While i ran the hit everything macro from this site, it could be improved had. Had to stay at zone in or macro would target mobs above him if i missed one ect.

Wewt i'm a genius!

Ok did the BoT quest to get flagged. Couple things caught my attention. One.. Headshot rocks. Second my ranger is 85 all mobs are gray to him. My war was 56 and was getting 6% a kill. I left EQ for about 3 years when did they change the way you get exp? Last time i knew you couldnt get exp from mobs if someone in group conned them as gray? Maybe i'm wrong.

Ok did the BoT quest to get flagged. Couple things caught my attention. One.. Headshot rocks. Second my ranger is 85 all mobs are gray to him. My war was 56 and was getting 6% a kill. I left EQ for about 3 years when did they change the way you get exp? Last time i knew you couldnt get exp from mobs if someone in group conned them as gray? Maybe i'm wrong.

You can get regular xp but not AA xp on the lower level toon as long as it is in grouping range.

Tried Velks before for PL. Didnt like the mobs run on low health. And hate the ice and long respawn times. I found a few spots to get to 56 would say in about 9 hours and that is not in any big hurry. Only 2 macs I run is the hit all mobs mac and skill up for spell mac and no warping. So would say 10 hours to get to 56 then do skill ups while I sleep not to bad.

Found my new spot to get to 71 ish but seems to be a popular spot wwith you other mq2 users. Love how no one does a camp check anymore. They just zone in warp to their spot and fire up their macs and go afk. Never minding the group already there lol.

My dilema is around 68 mobs became yellow and the aa exp is really good for the pl toon. Finding it hard to move to next levels without getting 200 quick aa's.
What do you guys think? Will be harder to set up a afk group in higher lvls to grind than it will be at lower lvls... is what I am thinking.

Specially since I am no mac writer or even understand much of them. Having trouble with auto puller now can only imagine at a lvl 80 ish camp.

If there is no specific purpose for getting levels, (ie joining a guild and raiding), then max your AA.

Mobs in velks do not run at low health, I got warrior to 70 and 30aa in 9 hours played. And honestly was slacking a lot i would let spawns stay up 10 min before pulling.

I do believe the last spider or two will run. Which to me is a pain. As the way I do it I get 30 to 50 mobs and let them beat on me and set myself to heal myself. Then wait minute and see that the mobs are below 90% then turn on the hit all mobs mac and walk away. 15 to 20 minutes later(depending on lvl and the pl'ee is at) come back ( I use a timer to remind me to get my arse back for another train) and mobs have respawned.
So having one get away is not sa good thing for me.

if you ds plvl you can do pc till about 15-20, then head to mistmore till about 30-35, head over to city of mist for a couple levels or you can skip right over to the deep and ds there till 50's even 60's, but it slows. Best way to do it is SK for tank and bard for ds, use mercs to heal and sk ae agro should be able to keep agro off merc heals, but if not they don't really die, just ds more stuff. works good, after that not sure, could shroud or just group reg.

To avoid ripo's just take the weapon and bag it. I also prefer to stand with my back to the crowd of mobs whenever possible. AE aggro, mage ds, and a macro to chain cast the larger ds spells have worked well for me when creating new toons.

Is it really worth stopping to get AA's anymore, with the bonus you get when you have less than 1000 AA, isn't it better to just get the hard part(leveling) out of the way?

Is it really worth stopping to get AA's anymore, with the bonus you get when you have less than 1000 AA, isn't it better to just get the hard part(leveling) out of the way?

I stopped at 75, grabbed about 200 AA's for DPS on my rogue so he's not worthless, now i'm going to top out so I can AA again.

Whats this AA bonus your talking about? I box war shm with 3kaa each and they get same aa as my toons with 600 and 700. ?? Is there something special to getting the bonus aa?

You get incremental bonus boost to aa exp when under different amounts of aa's. Like 20% boost if you are under 250 lets say Hypothetically. And goes down every 250 or so.

Well for me I have a nice spot where I can set up my tank my chanty and another toon to just kill with very little needed of me but an occasional move the looting toon closer to camp. Or restart a mac that loc'd up. So I know it will be harder to get a sort of afk set up in the higher lvl's working as smoothly. So was thinking might be best to knock out some now.
I got the chanty to lvl 70 150 aa's at 2 days 4 hours of play time. With a lot of that time looking for spots where a mob will not run at low life. And getting a few spells here and there. Then big time sync was leaving it on dueling a pet toon to get my def/dodge up one night for 8 to 9 hours then 8 to 9 hours doing spells. I would say 30 hours in lvl 70 and 150 aa's and climbing.

I was trying to see what everyone thinks. If you had a easy set up situation and could be goofing off doing laundry and doing tradeskills on another toon. Or if brave enough fully AFK. Then would you stop knock out the first 300 basic aa's till you are lvl limited on them?

So far I got all the important class ones till the are done or my lvl limits the purchase. Then working on Archetype now.
Hard part of grinding someone said is getting to 85. Maybe but not to me. Will be using the time from 70 up once I am ready to get augs/gear for the toon in lower lvl areas. Like get the chanty a bunch of the 90/90 aug from Ashengate. That will take a couple days of actual playing and is decent exp. Want to grab a few of the 70 mana augs from riftseekers too. After that will look at some other easy to get augs. Then head to SoF zones get some easy gear pick ups. And grind in the normal spots a bit.

Whats this AA bonus your talking about? I box war shm with 3kaa each and they get same aa as my toons with 600 and 700. ?? Is there something special to getting the bonus aa?

You get double AA xp for the first 100 or so AA and it scales down to 0 at 1k AA (at least last I heard, the bonus cap had been raised to 1000 with SoD). Now, while not directed at you, I want to point out something to the uninitiated:

0% bonus is not a penalty.

Sorry, just noticed that some folks on the official forum hadn't yet learned to breathe through their noses or leave the house without their headgear so they equated 'no bonus' to mean 'penalty'. Purpose of the whole thing was to make it easier to "catch up" to an extent and get those important, class defining AA done on a new character. So if your box duo has 600-700 AA, there's not much of a need for a bonus for you because the important AAs are attainable in the first 300-400 AA (with everything else being upgrades of those key skills).

Hard part of grinding someone said is getting to 85. Maybe but not to me. Will be using the time from 70 up once I am ready to get augs/gear for the toon in lower lvl areas. Like get the chanty a bunch of the 90/90 aug from Ashengate. That will take a couple days of actual playing and is decent exp. Want to grab a few of the 70 mana augs from riftseekers too. After that will look at some other easy to get augs. Then head to SoF zones get some easy gear pick ups. And grind in the normal spots a bit.

Actually, the hard part is gearing the toon. Unless you're relying on guaranteed rots on raids, your sink is going to come with gear rather than levels. Any of the PLers here can tell you that (they sure told me that :p).