Euro Trip!

DemonH2

Lifetimer
Reaction score
My fiance and I are about to get married. We have decided that we are going to take a trip through Europe to celebrate of course. I am sure some of you have seen the world. So do me a favor and make recommendations on places we should go, or things we just have to see. We have the following in mind already.

Greece: Mostly for temples and the beaches.
France: Eiffle tower and all that happy crap.
Italy: Mostly because i love anything Roman.
Germany: To see the concentration camps -n- stuff.

So make more country recommendations or more things to see in these countries. It can be anywhere in Europe. Thanks for your help!

Ireland/Scotland (aka, the homeland) :)

Beautiful areas that I would like to visit myself, and nothin' says love better than being able to throw back a nice thick ale!

I'd hit the motherland too (Scotland/Ireland)

But I've had a couple of co-workers and family do the Italy/Greece thing and they've all said it was absolutely incredible.

I wouldn't give a single cent to France.

Last edited:
I would never go ANYWHERE in Africa, don't care if the south is better. However New Zealand is the number one spot i want to visit. Yeah i wanna see the concentration camps! Keep the ideas coming guys, and thanks!

Sicily

I lived on the island of Sicily for a few years and there is so much to do there!

Mount Etna You can hike up the volcano, all the way to the crater! At least, you could when I was there, and if it's not erupting. If it is, it's the most amazingly awesome sight, especially at night. There were some little shops and a couple of restaurants before the eruption of 2004, and I do not know if they were rebuilt. If they were, they have some great prices on gifts and you can have a great lunch here.

Catania There is a saying in Sicily "All roads in Sicily lead to Catania and all roads in Catania lead to Elephant Square". Once you're in Elephant square, visit the open air fish market. It has the best sea food around and it's at a great price. Eat a little mid day meal of arancine and a drink of your choice. Visit the rocks that the cyclopse threw at Odyssius in The Oddesy by Homer, you find it by following the shoreline. At night, usually after 10 PM, you'll find trucks with awnings up and ppl crowed around. These are Panini trucks. Stop and have a Cavallo Panini with spicy mushrooms and whatever else you'd like on it. Yes, you DO want the french fries with ketchup and mayo on your panini. Get diections to Motta and visit there.

Motta In Motta there is a restaurant called Paradise and they are most peoples favorite. The bruschetta is to die for, and if you love it too, I'll be happy to give you their recipe, just PM me. I suggest an Insulata Mista, Scallopini e` Limone, Tiramisu and a cappuccino. Caldo is hot and Freddo is cold, try one both ways! If you like a spicy pasta, try Pennette Della`Arribiata, you won't be disappointed!

Agrigento Here you'll find Greek ruins like they have in Athens Greece! They are a wonder to see and are very very beautiful!

Caltagrione Here is a world famous city! You'll find the most beautiful pottery and some of the best shopping! They also have the tile steps that are known all over the world.

Palermo If you're interested, you'll find the most wonderful catacombs here. One of the most famous is a baby that died and was so perfectly preserved, she looks like she's sleeping inside of the glass coffin, you almost expect to see her open her eyes at any moment. Unfortunately, the man that preserved her died before he could pass on his ways of doing this. Also, this is a tourist spot, be careful of what you're being charged when you buy anything from here.

Syracusa There is a beach just outside of here that is called Fontana Bianca and is absoltely wonderful! Unfortunately, we military people found out about it, and it's where we all went every weekend. Be prepaired to be around a ton of people if you go here.

Messina Here you can catch the ferry to mainland Italy and it's only about 8 hours drive to Rome. I didn't go here much, but it's really pretty.

All over you'll find oranges and lemons growing on branches that hang over fences, it's the only way to legally pick them. If you have to reach inside the fence, don't get caught, lol. They are HUGE and the best I've ever tasted. The blood oranges are sometimes black inside because the soil is so rich from the volcanic ask. It's not unusual to pick citrus that is the size of a childs head! Stop and pick some, you wont be disappointed.

This is not the best link I have, but it'll help you out on some things you might want to know. SICILY

If you want to ask me anything, PM me.

Awesome, will do. Thanks for your help!