EQSniff / ElitePacket

expmonk

Reaction score
Anyone have the source for either of these plugins still? (MQ2EQSniff, MQ2ElitePacket). Would be interested in getting my hands on either or both.. if you have it or could point me in the right direction please send me a PM.

Thanks,
-expmonk

If you want a reply i'll toss one in the pile.

Sniffer dll or even a source is very tight secure with many dev's. the Source would be almost impossible, but with the old packets It was easy, with the new its hard to come by.

So basically a good majority of script kiddies at this sight don't deserve to warp, chainzone, and /gate at a whim because they don't know how to code it? Haha (thought that is actually true). I don't remember asking for UberHackEQ.dll or PwnYourFace.dll - I asked for a tool to do work myself. I was familiar with using both of said plugins, don't persecute me for wanting them back.

Gal was talking in reference to this specific plugin(s).

lol don't take it wrong expmonk. Sure you can prolly find someone with it, both its unlikely they would be willing to give it up. The source of the files cover the hiding of the new packet ways.

Giving people precompiled warp plugins without source code is a whole lot different from giving people the kind of code that they'd need to resurrect every unpleasant packet plugin (minus ND, of course) that we've ever seen. Even giving out the DLL would be a majorly big deal, since you could arguably still find someone who has the skills to reverse engineer it and figure out how the MMODevs dealt with the packet changes oh-so-many-moons-ago.

*edit* Especially to a 12-post non-lifetime member that no one knows.

These specific plugins that you have mentioned are both useless hacks of random trash code thrown together that could easily be thrown together again by any programmer with basic skills that knew what they did.

Since they relied heavily on preexisting functions exported by macroquest to work (which macroquest no longer exports), trying to get them to work again is moot.

You will need to rewrite them with your own functions in order for them to work.

Not like it did anything more than dump whatever data was sent through the send message function... I'd hardly call that "ElitePacketSniffing" or whatever the hell it is.

Don't need to start a bitchfit about what has been done with packet manipulating in EverQuest. I placed a simple request for the source to two plugins that as brainiac has so eloquently pointed out don't even function as-is any more with MQ2 to date. So then why so hateful towards my wanting them? Appreciate the feedback despite most of it being unhelpful - still looking for the source to these two plugins if anyone can dig em up. I'm not interested in reverse-engineering or decompiling anything, so like I said... source only puuhhleeze!

kthx,
expmonk :)

Writing a packet sniffer has pretty much always been the right of passage into active plugin development. The reason ones never really been publicly released is it gives SoE more reason to start changing encryption/opcode/packet structures and make things harder on MQ2 developers.