Eqbcs Help

my first guess would be you set up port forwarding wrong.

Hello,

I can connect between my two home networked computers just fine; however, no one else can connect to my computer. I have tried the following:

1. Disabling my computer and router firewall.
2. Establishing the port foward in my router.
3. Enabling my firewall and allowing EQBCS to connect to the internet, send and receive data.
4. Enabling my computer for remote access.
5. Setting the IP addresses in my router to correspond to each perspective hardware (i.e. printer, PC#1, PC#2, Vonage, PS3).

Did I miss something?

What IP do you have EQBC server listening on? Worst case, have it listen on 0.0.0.0

Otherwise, if firewall is allowing port on that interface (or all interfaces) for in/out tcp, & router is port forwarding tcp for that port to the appropriate system, that'll do it.

I have a feeling you have eqbc server listening only on local interface (127.0.0.1).

htw

I have it connect to 192.168.1.4 2112

192.168.1.4 this is the computer that runs eqbc server? This is set to static IP on your network? Ports are forwarded from router to 192.168.1.4 2112? People are connecting to you via your IP from whatismyip.com ?

Initially when I started using EQBC, I went to whatsmyIP.com and it gave me a 171..... IP address (my router), but that address didn't work for me to connect my two PCs. So, I ran the C prompt to get the IP address for each PC and decided to connect to 192.168.1.4 2112, which thus far has been working great.

Now, I am trying to have another party connect to my PC 192.168.1.4 2112 (runs EQBC appllication (mq2eqbc chat box)), we have also tried connecting to the actual router the IP 171 and that failed as well. That is when I did the following steps:

3. Enabling my firewall and allowing EQBCS to connect to the internet, send and receive data.
5. Setting the IP addresses in my router to correspond to each perspective hardware (i.e. printer, PC#1, PC#2, Vonage, PS3).
6. I even went as far as to specify which ports EQ sends and receives data per computer.

I think I might have figured it out just by retyping all this. Please guide me in the right direction if I am off track. I need to go back into my router and specify (force/create) the EQBCS server and then assign a port on that particular IP address. If this is the case, I have looked through my router options and created the EQBC server and assigned a port. Lastly, if this is the case, why am I sometimes able to connect to other PCs outside my network, but they can't connect to mine? I will recheck it again this afternoon even if I have to reset the router and start over.

Initially when I started using EQBC, I went to whatsmyIP.com and it gave me a 171..... IP address (my router), but that address didn't work for me to connect my two PCs. So, I ran the C prompt to get the IP address for each PC and decided to connect to 192.168.1.4 2112, which thus far has been working great.

Now, I am trying to have another party connect to my PC 192.168.1.4 2112 (runs EQBC appllication (mq2eqbc chat box)), we have also tried connecting to the actual router the IP 171 and that failed as well. That is when I did the following steps:

6. I even went as far as to specify which ports EQ sends and receives data per computer.

I think I might have figured it out just by retyping all this. Please guide me in the right direction if I am off track. I need to go back into my router and specify (force/create) the EQBCS server and then assign a port on that particular IP address. If this is the case, I have looked through my router options and created the EQBC server and assigned a port. Lastly, if this is the case, why am I sometimes able to connect to other PCs outside my network, but they can't connect to mine? I will recheck it again this afternoon even if I have to reset the router and start over.

Pretty much on the right track, sounds like.

As far as why you can sometimes connect to someone, there are a couple reasons you could:

• They have the port forwarding/firewall set up right. :p
  • Their cable/dsl modem is directly connected to the PC, intead of a router using NAT.

You need a port forwarding rule for your router so others can connect to your public routeable IP (the one whatsmyip sees), on a certain port, and forwards that traffic to your internal IP (show with ipconfig) on the system running eqbcs.

Forward to IP: 192.168.1.4
Forward to port: 2112
Forward protocol: TCP

And for your firewall, you need to tell it to allow any incoming TCP connection on port 2112. Just telling it eqbcs can "send and recieve" will not work, that is just for connections that app initiates. Any normal firewall will stilll refuse incoming connections that were not initiated by the app you add as an exclusion.

Once you do those, then another person on the net, can connect to your public IP (shown from whatsmyip) on port 2112, and it will be forwarded to 192.168.1.4 port 2112, where eqbcs is listening (and the firewall is allowing the incoming connection), and the connection will work.

I would also suggest having eqbcs listen on 0.0.0.0, not 192.168.1.4. That way if for any reason it changes, you just have to make sure your forwarding rule is up to date, and not screw with also changing the eqbcs configuration. It does not hurt to put in 0. Most people do not have multiple interfaces, and even if they do (wireless + wired for example), not like it will make a difference in eqbcs case.

Finally, while generally speaking, the lease your modem acquires will not expire unless you force it to, you never can tell. It depends on your ISP server the dhcp service is running on, whether it is rebooted, what it does with existing leases at the time, the lease time to begin with, etc. I would suggest registering a free dynamic dns service account, from a service like noip.com, and then running their little tray app to keep it updated. That way, someone can always connect to the host.domain you reg for, instead of having to make sure they have the right public IP.

htw

htw,

Thank you very much for explaining everything to me in such detail. I did everything that we discussed on these posts and it still wouldn't allow incoming connections. I could not for the life of me figure out where in my router (firewall) to tell it to open the port.

But!!

I worked around it, my router has an option to allow remote connections on specific ports. I just picked one of those (8080) for the EQBC port forwarding, reconfigured EQBC and IT WORKS!!! I could just kiss you right now!

ok i think im almost set up followed a bunch of the guides that jj was posting and i got my xbox to lag less but still no eqbc server working

using 2 comps for 3 toons, 2 toons on comp 1 and 1 toon on comp 3, lynksys modem
set both comps static ip as per instructions from the port forward site

192.168.1.10 comp 1 and comp a want to host the server
192.168.1.2 second comp

under port range forwarding i have

eqbc 2112 to 2112 protocol is set to both ip address 192.168.1.10 enabled

but when i open mq2 folder click the eqbc interface.exe (its the only eqbc file in there) adress set to 192.168.1.10 port 2112 default client name and no password atm try to connect and wont work

now i was told all the eqbc files i needed are included in the mmobugs compile is this correct or do i need to download a server file as noted in this thread? not sure how pertinent it is but im only trying to run the boomerang brawl macro for 3 boxing and need to get this running to use the 3 box macro

Last edited:
run mmobugs loader
right click
Options
EQBC
autostart
port 2112
bind to ip (192.168.1.10)
launch now(only need to do this first time or if the server is closed)

This should launch a dos looking window

Load one toon into game per pc
/plugin mq2eqbc
/bccmd //connect 192.168.1.10
/bccmd //toggle autoconnect on
/bccmd //toggle reconnect on

this should connect you to your server that you have open and auto connect every time you log in. Will also auto reconnect if you lose connection when ever you zone

the first time you load up your setting the ini file, that way you dont have to issue the commands on every toon you log in.

Its just easier to issue it once then save the ini then log in the rest of the toons

run mmobugs loader
right click
Options
EQBC
autostart
port 2112
bind to ip (192.168.1.10)
launch now(only need to do this first time or if the server is closed)

This should launch a dos looking window

worked on the second comp but on the first comp (192.168.1.10) when i did that and when i try to launch instead of a dos window i get a strange error msg of only symbols so dunno gonna screw around with it some more see if i got something set wrong or maybe make the second comp host the server see if that helps

Make sure you have net 3.5 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package and Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package

Once those are installed you shouldnt have any issue.

Now remember you only run the server on one pc. the other one does not need to do the steps to launch the dos window it just needs to type in the /bccmd connect IPofYourServer PORT

port forwarding

Just got new router and it wont let me connect two comps the old fashioned way i.e. /bccmd connect 192.168.2.3

Looking into my router settings it has a virtual server set up... Really the only way to do any kind of forwarding on this router.. it does also have a dmz option to put one comp outside of the NAT firewall. (I have no clue what NAT is.. should google it.)

The options are: Description [ ] Inbound port [ - ] Type [ TCP-UDP-BOTH ] Private IP [192.168.2._] Private Port [ - ]

So I have them down as... [EQBC] [ ] [TCP] [192.168.2.3] [2112-2112]

What do I set the inbound ports to? Is there anything else wrong or that I need to do? Will the VS work for in network devices?

Do I need to do something in my comp firewall?

I have never done this before so treat me with kid gloves :) Some of the answers I've read sound like Chinese to me.

Last edited:
Nevermind

Nevermind it all clicked in an epiphany.

Opened new rule for incoming TCP in server computer's firewall for port 2112.
Set all port forwarding to 2112 : [2112-2112] [TCP] [192.168.2.x] [2112-2112]
Had box comp (sans server) connect EQBC using /bccmd connect X.X.X.X (whatsmyisp.com) 2112

=Win

Did the tcp rule for box comp just incase lol.

Last edited: