eqbc

bubdog

Reaction score
Ok im at a loss and i need help lol. I host a bc server and can get anyone else that uses it from any ip connected to it, but when i try and connect pces to it from inside my network i cant make a connection.

I know the port is open and i even tried putting the host pc outside my dmz but have got nothing to work any ideas ?

Are you sure your using your visible IP and not the local one that shows up on your router?

Goto http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and use the IP address that you see there along with the port that you forwarded for your EQBC and it should work fine.

I think you got it backwards Orion hehe, he said he can get people connected to it from outiside of his network, but not from inside the network.

Which is definitely an odd situation, it's usually the reverse. But for internal network use you don't want to DMZ the machine. Some routers prevent internal networks from seeing a DMZ'd machine and it opens up everything on the machine to external which is never a good thing. Just forward the port you are using to it.

Also make sure your internal machines are using the internal ip, not the external. Some ISPs / routers, can't loop back onto themselves if you try to access them internally from the external address. If you really need to have the same address used in all places, go to no-ip.com and get a free no-ip domain, run the client on your computer so it auto updates your ip, and use that free domain to connect to it (pretty sure eqbc should be able to connect using a domain instead of an ip address).

Dev

I think you got it backwards Orion hehe, he said he can get people connected to it from outiside of his network, but not from inside the network.

Which is definitely an odd situation, it's usually the reverse. But for internal network use you don't want to DMZ the machine. Some routers prevent internal networks from seeing a DMZ'd machine and it opens up everything on the machine to external which is never a good thing. Just forward the port you are using to it.

Also make sure your internal machines are using the internal ip, not the external. Some ISPs / routers, can't loop back onto themselves if you try to access them internally from the external address. If you really need to have the same address used in all places, go to no-ip.com and get a free no-ip domain, run the client on your computer so it auto updates your ip, and use that free domain to connect to it (pretty sure eqbc should be able to connect using a domain instead of an ip address).

Dev

Couldn't agree with this post more. Same thing I was going to suggest pretty much. Probably not with as much detail. Simply using port forward for outside IP address and internal IP for computers on the network. To get the IP of the system running EQBC as a server simply goto Start~Run~type Cmd~in cmd prompt type IPCONFIG
One of them says IP. that is your LAN IP and should be used to connect to a system on the LAN. All others should use the IP address you get from something like whatismyip.com and use your router's config page to enable port forward (which should be port 2112 forwarded to the IP gathered from IPCONFIG)

Hope our combined information helps.

Your right Dev, I was confused about what he was asking. 99% of the time its the other way around! Sorry about that Bud.