Emu server proposition

unknownerrors

Reaction score
Website
unknownerrors.net
I'd like permission to host a Mmobugs.com Emu server. before setting up the server i would set up a few polls to see what type of things people want from era, to GK detection. (i personally think GK detection should be left on, but thats just me) to exp rates, to stating gear, custom or sony zones. i currently have a system hosting a EQemu server that could handle a max load of about 10 - 15 players, due to shitty cable internet. if it becomes an issue i intended on buying some sort of T line with in the next year or so anyhow, could do that sooner.

this is good for a few reasons,
A: most eqemu server owners do not want MQ2 users on their servers. Mq2 users will have a place in the eqemu community to call their own.
B: should prompt more people into researching broken eqemu plugins. (currently limited plugins supported)

i ask for nothing in return, just the hopes of sparking the interest of the community for better MQ2Emu support.

i respectfully await your approval.

Feel free to make it, but at this time I don't want the official MMOBugs name attached to it until I see it in action and have access to the server. We have tried to do something like this a few times but never really got enough interest or had someone willing to put in the time to make it a half decent server.

I do think it's a great idea though.

I'm interested, and I'll help out. I'm a developer with deep experience in Microsoft technologies, including C++. Send me a PM and let me know what I can do to help.

I'd be interested, can help as much as I can, don't have much coding exp, pretty much just what I've learned messing with plugins and such..

Looks like I might be getting a new copy of Titanium, heh

What is GK Protection for Emu? Correct me if I am wrong, but the flaw in the combat system that allows GK to work in live does not exist in EQEmu (I personally checked the serverside code about a year ago).

I have access to all the internet needed, but lack a server. I work for a major ISP and can tag up some free internet

Fry right now my server can be tested, listed the eqemu server selection as [unknownerrors.net] currently running a PEq DB
Code:
Release: Final
A "complete" Ykesha with tiers 1-3 of PoP fully playable.
this can be modified without effecting user accounts, i back up the accounts and char table daily

my server has a fairly good up time rate.. the server is in my garage with a cat5 cable and power plugged in, i make changes to it from my main system inside the house via http://www.realvnc.com/

a few thing to make it better
if you permit me to put the MMOBugs name on this modifying the login server to run through the message boards user system is a thought. although we would have to whip up our own login server code, or modify the minilogon.

MMOBugs.com's name can't be used on it at this time. We're not closing our thoughts on it, but we also can't "green-light" it at this point.

As far as a server goes, this is something I can probably help you with.

I have several servers through AlphaRed, and I get pretty decent deals on servers. If I see an operational server that has interest, I'd be willing to front the cost for another unmetered box. I don't wanna pay for a server for 5 months of development though, y'know?

PM me if you're still interested or want some help.

I'm interested, and I'll help out. I'm a developer with deep experience in Microsoft technologies, including C++. Send me a PM and let me know what I can do to help.
if you could take a look at the eqemu source. http://unknownerrors.net/eqemusource

look into a fix for getting booted when attempting to login with MQ2 loaded.
its almost like the world checks for MQ2 before loading, watching the world output when i login, the world gets my request to login the client looks like its about to start loading files, then with out warning kicked to desktop, no errors in client or world.

my MS.VS cd's got all screwed up so i'm downloading a copy right now.. i feel kind helpless.

I don't wanna pay for a server for 5 months of development though, y'know?

as far as the server its self goes its fully operational.. but making mq2 work in some thing close to the same fashion as it does live, will take time. getting users interested is another story as well, many mq2 users would play if mq2 plugin support was on par with live i think too.

Very interested

I love the idea of an mmobugs server. Of course its not going to be blessed with the name until its fully opperational but still i love the concept. I have been playing eqemu for a couple weeks now, and had 5 toons banned on one server for using warp ( I was only using it due to the HORRIBLE way titanium uses autofollow). Also I've been wanting plugins for botting to cut down on the tedium of using 5+ chars. Was going to try to adapt mq2melee for the old version of mq2, still learing how to add plugins. Would be nice to just find a version for the mq2 release that works with eqemu (dloaded from this site, frysnovember13th2005).