Emergency maintence 11/22

smith8454

Premium Member
Reaction score
All EverQuest servers are currently being brought offline today, November 22, 2023, for an emergency update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 2 hours.

Updates or changes to this downtime will be posted here. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Buckle up... Going to be one hell of a ride regardless what solution is brought to the table.

they "rolled back " EQ according to this set of posts,
Riou: yea once ngreth became lead dev in like voa or rof or something he stopped forced crunch
[11:50 AM]shang: How many times has he been fired and rehired how?
[11:50 AM](V.Respected) Scornfire - plzrsp: ngreth? never afaik
[11:50 AM]Riou: just in tds i think
[11:50 AM](V.Respected) Scornfire - plzrsp: wild
[11:51 AM]Riou: he was part of one of the mass layoffs thats why prathun was made lead dev
[11:51 AM]Riou: i dunno about before then tho
[11:58 AM]sieger: Yeah he actually mentioned it in an interview once I think lol, wasn't a secret or anything.
[12:18 PM]🍅: so are they just deleting oakwynd now
[12:19 PM]Gorg: works out well for them
[12:19 PM]Gorg: oakwynd craters, more people to play on their new TLP in a few months
[12:22 PM](V.Respected) Scornfire - plzrsp: 25th Anni TLP featuring weekly rollbacks
[12:22 PM]🍅: people did say they wanted seasonal servers
[12:22 PM]🍅: just a short season
[12:24 PM](V.Respected) Scornfire - plzrsp: I don't really see the appeal for like regular ruleset stuff. I really enjoyed Vaniki, wish more people had played on it

[12:24 PM]Gorg: first you need to put a plastic bag over your head and cut off the oxygen to your brain for a few minutes
[12:24 PM]Gorg: then you'll understand
[12:24 PM]🍅: all you people shoulda just joined rusty instead of making 20 smaller guilds
[12:24 PM]🍅: then let us down again when you dont show up to raids
[12:25 PM](V.Respected) Scornfire - plzrsp: If yall try to gaslight me 1 more time about doing Maeratas like the 1 day we couldn't I swear 2 gawd
[12:28 PM]🍁Kiff: Whelp, sounds like 7 day'ers and no rollback.
[12:30 PM]🍅: saw some people claiming they still had millions of ts items in the depot
[12:30 PM]🍅: time to bring back marcia so us noncheaters can catch up
[12:31 PM](V.Respected) Scornfire - plzrsp: no rollback seems wild. those people are bazillionaires now
[12:32 PM](V.Respected) Scornfire - plzrsp: Not that I've bought krono recently but they basically had doubled this year on CT already
[12:32 PM]🍅: thankfully i already got all my expansion tickets
[12:33 PM]🍅: sorry kiff your polar bear is 10000kr now
[12:33 PM](V.Respected) Scornfire - plzrsp: inflation
[12:33 PM]🍁Kiff: Yeah, wonder if they patched the hole and will now go through and remove items / plat or just let it ride
[12:33 PM]🍅: would be silly to bring the servers back up already if they were going to do that
@🍅
sorry kiff your polar bear is 10000kr now
[12:33 PM]🍁Kiff: Effin BS! Now I got spend my real money upgrading my box?!
[12:37 PM]Riou: 7 day is a slap on the wrist for that lol
[12:39 PM]🍁Kiff: No doubt, they perma banned for the ruby dupe but 7 days for unlimited mats/pp
[12:40 PM]Riou: surprised they didnt scale it like other times
[12:40 PM]🍁Kiff: They may have, not everyone rushes discord to say if they got suspended or not
[12:41 PM]Riou: they usually suspend on like a curve
[12:41 PM]🍅: when a ban wave happens and i dont get hit i really just dont believe 1 happened at all
[12:42 PM]Riou: usually if you just do a little bit you dont get suspended
[12:45 PM]🍁Kiff:

[12:46 PM]Lisard: i imagine next week will be thanos snaps
[12:46 PM]Lisard: im pretty sure like all of them are on pto for thanksgiving right now lol
[12:46 PM]🍅: expansion launches usually are anyway arent they
[12:46 PM]🍁Kiff: Perfect, gives the offenders a week to launder it out lol
[12:47 PM]Lisard: klanderso even talking about it is wierd tbh
[12:48 PM]Lisard: its crazy to think nothing will come of it lol
[12:48 PM]🍁Kiff: Yeah it is crazy
[12:48 PM]Streets 112: Kind of unreal honestly
[12:48 PM]🍁Kiff: Wonder if it was too widespread for perma bans. Like you can't ban 2k acts or whatever
[12:48 PM]Lisard: its such a common thing too, like they need to contain servers from each other or something so it doesnt screw everything every time it happens lol
[12:48 PM]Streets 112: Can't believe that guy who posted the "remove all tradeskills from the game" thread was the real hero

[12:49 PM]FranktheBank: lol
[12:50 PM]FranktheBank: Getting near infinite amount of plat for 7d suspension is pretty worth while
@Streets 112
Can't believe that guy who posted the "remove all tradeskills from the game" thread was the real hero
[12:50 PM]WingWhiper: I've been watching that one for a few days, didn't see this plot twist coming
[12:50 PM]Streets 112: If I knew how the exploit worked and that a 7-day ban was the end result, you better believe I would have been doing it
[12:50 PM]FranktheBank: 7d was likely, I always hope that they'll act like a real company tho
NEW
[12:57 PM]sieger: It’s like those fines you hear about targeting corporate misbehavior irl
[12:57 PM]sieger: That are much lower than the profit generated from the underlying act
[12:58 PM]sieger: “Like hey you broke the rules here is a $250,000 fine for something that made you $7 billion”

Message #general-chat

• Wow
Reactions: EQDAB
People were complaining they had millions upon millions of mat in their bank account (dumb F***K), so DBG took action on everybody!!!, BEND OVER GaNG, NO VASELINE EITHER!!!!

so as HTW, Fry and the rest of the developer team states: Cheet smart
Lisard: anyone have screen shots of our new kronolords?
[1:00 PM]Lisard: ive never had more then like 10m plat lol
[1:00 PM]Gorg: those are my favorite because it's just fundamentally becomes part of the cost of doing business
[1:02 PM](V.Respected) Scornfire - plzrsp: Surely there has to be a rollback or bans for the really egregious exploiters
[1:02 PM]FranktheBank: SURELY
[1:02 PM]🍁Kiff: You'd think
[1:02 PM]FranktheBank: JUST LIKE THE LAST DUPE
[1:02 PM]FranktheBank: RIGHT
[1:02 PM]FranktheBank: RIGHT?
[1:02 PM]FranktheBank: KEK W
[1:02 PM]Gorg: youd' think
[1:03 PM]Gorg: but lol
[1:03 PM](V.Respected) Scornfire - plzrsp: They've given perma for sitting AFK without pet hold on ffs

• Sad
a cop once told me, that people make the STUPIDEST mistakes, and most think @ the 5th grade level, when they commit a crime. This only goes to show you the cop was right !!!.......AFK pet tanking (DAM people) // exploiting PP (again DAM People)

• Haha
The good news is :
From today 11/22, until November 26, 2023, at 11:00 p.m. PST, characters in Norrath can enjoy the following bonuses:
  • 50% bonus to character experience
  • 50% increase to rare spawn chance
  • 50% bonus to faction changes
Happy Feast of Giving to everyone, now hurry and get in the game to take advantage of the fun times!