Easy AA

Status
Not open for further replies.
GMs just re-booted freeport on Nameless, was a nice spot to mess around when i dont feel like having a chance of dying.... And yes it was a little over 2 AAs an hour at 85 with around 2k total just killing one, no lesson, no nothing.

I got about 23 aa in one lesson burn off this last night, it was very nice. Woke up this morning and noticed freeportwest.txt being patched when I logged in. This made me a sadpanda.

It is true that it seems like EVERY time somthing like this gets posted, BAM nerf. There was a simular exploit that my friend PM'd me about a while back, and I used it for well over a month. That got posted eventually also, and a day later was nerfed. It is just sad that there isnt a way to spread the love without posting!

I got about 23 aa in one lesson burn off this last night, it was very nice. Woke up this morning and noticed freeportwest.txt being patched when I logged in. This made me a sadpanda.

It is true that it seems like EVERY time somthing like this gets posted, BAM nerf. There was a simular exploit that my friend PM'd me about a while back, and I used it for well over a month. That got posted eventually also, and a day later was nerfed. It is just sad that there isnt a way to spread the love without posting!

Oh i dunno, it was up for a good 10 days working fine with lots of people knowing about it before they managed to fix it.

But yeah, wish there was a way to find out about these types of things without them becoming so superpublic that they get nerfed immediately. I only seem to find out about these things when the whistleblower goes off.

That being said, i got over 700 AA's from the shroud exploit, 200 from this. I was on progression for almost all of the bone chips, didnt find out about that in time :( What other major ones have there been?

back when OoW came out there used to be green farming of the runes, low lvl toon gets the mission, adds high lvl toon, then drops. the highlvl toon could slaughter green mobs and farm the runes for spells and sell them for lots of pp. ( i discovered this one about an hour before the patch!!!)

Oh i dunno, it was up for a good 10 days working fine with lots of people knowing about it before they managed to fix it.

Ya, people knew of it, but notice, once it got posted, less than a day it got fixed.

Similiar deal with the poison tribute. Was nice for a couple weeks.
Gone 2 days after posting? I didn't take note of the time on that one so much.
Anyone remember how long the bone chips lasted from posting time to fix time?

What about the various shroud exp methods. People made a lot of money on that one. Until it got posted.
Although, the last method getting nerfed probably wasn't a direct result of posting, but of it leaking to enough of the general public, and other "competitors". Then when "shroud exp changes" were hinted, it was posted as a farewell "get it while you can".

Thanks Littleguy for the post.

Yes, thank you.
I don't mean to sound ungrateful, the heads up was nice.

My new character is level 80, with only 300ish aa's. With lesson, it was 2 kills per aa. Didn't burn to try and rake it in faster, just turned on attack and pet, a small dot, and played solitaire while it died.
Got tired after an hour and went to bed.

Here's a big one from the past.
Feign death and Disarm.

Able to FD and disarm npc's without agro.
The priest od discord's original staff clicked a DT. Used to be fun agroing them and running, and seeing how far you can make it before you were clicked.
A player looted the staff, and was in East and West commons clicking griffons and giants for exp and cash. Aradune came in and took it from him personally.
Then the PoD went through a couple item changes until settling on what he has now.
But, what really got it fixed, was that someone posted that it was working on players as well as npc's.
A GM was caught that same day on their player character doing it to others.

Was an interesting night. It was on the Mith Marr server. An apprentice guide with an ego was the one that approached them about it. Started with the high and mighty "ban you unless you blah blah" . The character said something like "what? A guide telling a GM what to do?". Then all hell broke loose. Every gm that was on shift that day logged into the server, in airplane (before it went live, in what is now the quest room), as well as a couple guides that logged in during that time. We were all standing around watching a couple lead gm's talk to the both of them for a couple hours.

i miss the tactics exp bug. =( makes me a sad panda

The one I miss most is the 1hs from Dain. 192 Dmg 23 Delay.... Some asshat had to go showing it off in general chat and get it removed.

This was well known on tribunal and I still had use for it, was hoping to have it last at least a couple weeks before it got patched. A lot of non mqers knew about it, so thought might as well share with people on these boards. next time i'll keep this to myself, After a month or so of knowing about this i figured since gms knew it would be fixed soon anyways. And your welcome Fry!

Little slow there buddy, was nerfed serveral hours ago

The one I miss most is the 1hs from Dain. 192 Dmg 23 Delay.... Some asshat had to go showing it off in general chat and get it removed.

You retard that was not a weapon that normal player could use it was the Dains instance weapon that u would use in shroud but only inside the mission ppl just started linking it.. so u assumed....... they eventually added more text to it so it was apparent.. but none save for EMU could acually use it

You retard that was not a weapon that normal player could use it was the Dains instance weapon that u would use in shroud but only inside the mission ppl just started linking it.. so u assumed....... they eventually added more text to it so it was apparent.. but none save for EMU could acually use it

Wow, your first post and your flaming a decent member of the forums, get you, way to start off with a bang. For the record, people WERE taking them out of the Dain Instance, and im 99% sure that for a while, they were player usable until they made it Race:None

Hey mangenius, go look at your patch notes. Specifically, the first patch in September. What's this mean?

*** Items ***

- The spirit of Dain Frostreaver will be very angry if the Ancient Frostreaver or Ancient Longhandled Frostreaver are used by anyone else.

It was usable outside of the MM. It involved some linkdead exploit or stacking shrouds or something. It was basically a bug with the shroud code as it related to MMs. Someone who used it can explain how it worked. But I know of at least two people on my server who had the weapon and used it, outside of MMs.

Might wanna hold off on the ad hominems if you're the one wearing the dunce cap.

Nice. Do some research before you make yourself look like a fucking moron. I was one of the few to have this axe at first. I bet fry remembers b/c I shared it with him and was granted Lifetime.

Hey mangenius, go look at your patch notes. Specifically, the first patch in September. What's this mean?

It was usable outside of the MM. It involved some linkdead exploit or stacking shrouds or something. It was basically a bug with the shroud code as it related to MMs. Someone who used it can explain how it worked. But I know of at least two people on my server who had the weapon and used it, outside of MMs.

Might wanna hold off on the ad hominems if you're the one wearing the dunce cap.

You basically get mission, delete weapon while in mission, then petition. If you got a Dumb GM u win.

You basically get mission, delete weapon while in mission, then petition. If you got a Dumb GM u win.

Do EQ GMs have guidelines or a way to check on how many "delete"-type petitions an account or character has done, similar to what Warcraft has?

Status
Not open for further replies.